Anybody else ride a MC?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Morgan
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Anybody else ride a MC?

Post by Morgan »

gigag04 wrote: ABS model?
Mid range plan for me is to euro convert my FZ1 for around town, pick up a track bike, and get an ABS Connie for touring/2up. 2 of my coworkers are on the motors unit and have Connie's for their personal bikes.
Yes, I have the ABS version. 2010 was the last year were it was an option. 2011 and up are only ABS and traction control. The traction control has saved my bacon. Be sure to check out the Concours Owners Group - http://forum.cog-online.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I'd wear that shirt with an RC on it, not an MC... Just sayin'. :D

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

G R E A T riding weather!

gigag04
Posts in topic: 8

Post by gigag04 »

Agreed, I did 300 mi yesterday. Today? I listed the bike for sale. We are moving to houston and I will likely not ride street much down there. I'll get into a supersport 600 and do track on weekends.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

gemini
Posts in topic: 5

Post by gemini »

gigag04 wrote:Agreed, I did 300 mi yesterday. Today? I listed the bike for sale. We are moving to houston and I will likely not ride street much down there. I'll get into a supersport 600 and do track on weekends.
Don't give it up. There are areas outside of Houston worth riding. I got a Texas Freedom Trail map while visiting the
old Gonzales jail. It might be a cool ride to do the whole thing. Huntsville isn't that far from Houston. Close by Nat.
Forest. 300+ mile days will get you out of city traffic. Try using a site called Motowhere.com to plan your trips. You might
find Happy Trails closer to Houston than you thought. Plus, others here might be able to provide guidance.
Whatever you decide, good luck.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

gemini wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Agreed, I did 300 mi yesterday. Today? I listed the bike for sale. We are moving to houston and I will likely not ride street much down there. I'll get into a supersport 600 and do track on weekends.
Don't give it up. There are areas outside of Houston worth riding. I got a Texas Freedom Trail map while visiting the
old Gonzales jail. It might be a cool ride to do the whole thing. Huntsville isn't that far from Houston. Close by Nat.
Forest. 300+ mile days will get you out of city traffic. Try using a site called Motowhere.com to plan your trips. You might
find Happy Trails closer to Houston than you thought. Plus, others here might be able to provide guidance.
Whatever you decide, good luck.
Thanks! I'm not getting out altogether. Just moving to a super sport 600. I won't be commuting like I am now, so most of my riding will to enjoy it, not get from a to b. The FZ1 is good all around at track and touring, but having a track bike and a Concours14 will fill both roles better. Hopefully I can pull the trigger on a C14 next year.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bagman45 »

Sold my Connie a couple of years ago 'cause my hip arthritis made it impossible to ride. Got 'em fixed last year, and healed up enough now to start thinking about swinging my leg over a new(er) one. My wife is NOT happy about these thoughts :mrgreen:

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Get the ABS, and before you buy, also check out the 13' FJRs.

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

what lighting kits, if any have you guys added? Been searching the net. Want to turn the rear signals into the red running/brake/signals with the kit. Found one about 50? Plus you change the lens. Gotta get a flashing break light as well. Has anybody used the bulbs that you simply change? Do they work good? I go home at 11 PM from work, and want more lighting from the rear for my piece of mind.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Only lights worth adding are the wheelen lights that PDs put on their bikes. Most others are squidly IMO.

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

gigag04 wrote:Only lights worth adding are the wheelen lights that PDs put on their bikes. Most others are squidly IMO.
Love that word! :biggrinjester: I always wondered if it was just a DFW thing but I guess it is pretty universal (ie - Squidfest: Saturday night meetups by folks with crotch rockets that go out and do stupid things; the act of being a Squid, etc.).

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

What?

No Vespas!

That was my high school ride.

Three speed with a thundering 5 hp.

Hey, it would do 60 Mph...

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

I'm still a fan of the z50, Trail 70, Trail 90, etc...as long as it has two wheels!

talltex
Posts in topic: 4

Post by talltex »

PUCKER wrote:I'm still a fan of the z50, Trail 70, Trail 90, etc...as long as it has two wheels!
:thumbs2: you nailed my progression exactly...started with a Vespa scooter when I was 12...moved up to Trail 70 when I was 14...swapped for a Trail 90 the next year...and got a Scrambler 350 when I got legal for it at 16. By 18 I had a Triumph 500 that was fast and loud...kept it until I was able to get my hands on a Honda 750 4cyl, that blew everthing else on the road away when it came out and ignited the superbike wars...went to a shaft drive in early 80's, then got away from bikes altogether until a few years ago when I got a Triumph Trophy 1200. I think most of us that grew up in the late 60's probably got our start on those little Hondas...and some buddies had the Yamaha Enduro models that were still 2 stroke...they'd outrun the Hondas, but oh man that chainsaw noise...lol
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Return to “Off-Topic”