Anyone a little concerned?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
v-rog
Posts in topic: 2

Anyone a little concerned?

Post by v-rog »

I'm watching the live coverage of the "man-hunt" for the Boston bomber(s), other associates, and/or bombs on NBC (I know it is a liberal biased network). I'm not too concerned about the swat teams in direct & offensive operations (probably should be) but I am concerned about the use of the U.S. military in this operation (if the report is true, of course). Lord knows I have an idea of their expertise and serving in an advisory role is smart. But I have heard a report that members of the military are/ were being used in offensive operations (direct roles other than disarming bombs- "military Swat teams" conducting house searches, NBC reports.).

This is my point: In light of our current national environment concerning the 2nd ammendment/guns/ constitutional rights and my concerns about how the government uses it's multitude of departments such as Homeland Security, etc., I am concerned about it becoming common practice to see the military on American streets, other than assisting in national disasters. I know the PONTUS & his associates still have a strong agenda to disarm Americans. Although I use a slippery slope argument, if we get use to seeing military/para-military uniforms on the streets in this capacity, if this becomes common practice, will American's eyebrows be raised if/when our government uses these organiziations to come for our guns? Besides me, is anyone else concerned?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone a little concerned?

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Posse comitatus was effectively revoked during Hurricane Katrina. What constitution?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

v-rog wrote:I'm watching the live coverage of the "man-hunt" for the Boston bomber(s), other associates, and/or bombs on NBC (I know it is a liberal biased network). I'm not too concerned about the swat teams in direct & offensive operations (probably should be) but I am concerned about the use of the U.S. military in this operation (if the report is true, of course). Lord knows I have an idea of their expertise and serving in an advisory role is smart. But I have heard a report that members of the military are/ were being used in offensive operations (direct roles other than disarming bombs- "military Swat teams" conducting house searches, NBC reports.).

This is my point: In light of our current national environment concerning the 2nd ammendment/guns/ constitutional rights and my concerns about how the government uses it's multitude of departments such as Homeland Security, etc., I am concerned about it becoming common practice to see the military on American streets, other than assisting in national disasters. I know the PONTUS & his associates still have a strong agenda to disarm Americans. Although I use a slippery slope argument, if we get use to seeing military/para-military uniforms on the streets in this capacity, if this becomes common practice, will American's eyebrows be raised if/when our government uses these organiziations to come for our guns? Besides me, is anyone else concerned?
Nothing to see here peasant. Move along. Ignore the Posse Comitatus. It has no force of law here.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Posse comitatus was effectively revoked during Hurricane Katrina. What constitution?
How do you figure? The National Guard sat on their hands until Landrieu finally requested them. The US didn't arbitrarily send them in.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

v-rog wrote: I am concerned about it becoming common practice to see the military on American streets, other than assisting in national disasters. I know the PONTUS & his associates still have a strong agenda to disarm Americans. Although I use a slippery slope argument, if we get use to seeing military/para-military uniforms on the streets in this capacity, if this becomes common practice, will American's eyebrows be raised if/when our government uses these organiziations to come for our guns? Besides me, is anyone else concerned?

Perhaps we should ask seventy-six men, women and children at the Mt. Carmel Ranch outside of Waco if we should be concerned.

Oh... wait....
Byron Dickens

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

This is all a tragedy, but I can't help but think that this is just a practice drill for the upcoming Martial Law!

Door to door searches by jack-booted thugs with cameras on their helmets!

Good way to get a good inventory of civilian residences.
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

StewNTexas

Post by StewNTexas »

OK all you guys. Just stay in the house with the doors locked and windows blocked until we tell you it is OK for you to come out.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow....
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

the active duty persons are national guard that have been activated under the states rules and state PAYROLL, so they participate in police actions
but if the fed activates them then we have serious issues
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Cool it down and stay on topic. MA National Guard can be activated any time by MA governor.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

I have some friends up there who said the police/troops ASKED politely if they could search their house. Seems everyone was pretty compliant. I haven't heard of anyone declining the requests, and have no idea how that would have gone over with the armed men on the door step.
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Wes

Post by Wes »

I was thinking the same thing, lol
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

2. No personal attacks on other members - NONE! We can be respectful even in disagreement. If you're talking about the person rather than the issue, then the post will be deleted.
I had to delete a couple of post from this thread. There is NO REASON to attack each other. No problem with pointing out that someone has made a mistake in their facts, but absolutely no reason to attack them personally.

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jimlongley »

From my point of view, the administration merely ignored the rules on the assumption that everyone would be in favor of it due to the circumstance.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

bauer

Post by bauer »

v-rog wrote:I'm watching the live coverage of the "man-hunt" for the Boston bomber(s), other associates, and/or bombs on NBC (I know it is a liberal biased network). I'm not too concerned about the swat teams in direct & offensive operations (probably should be) but I am concerned about the use of the U.S. military in this operation (if the report is true, of course). Lord knows I have an idea of their expertise and serving in an advisory role is smart. But I have heard a report that members of the military are/ were being used in offensive operations (direct roles other than disarming bombs- "military Swat teams" conducting house searches, NBC reports.).

I would have to see what unit patches the soldiers were wearing to be 100% sure but as far as I've seen/heard/read only the MA NG was activated by the MA Governor. As I am sure you know Governor's can call upon their state's NG anytime they see fit since that unit works for the state and not the federal gov't. I read somewhere else that Navy EOD was brought in at one point but thats understandable since local bomb squads are usually small in number and they wanted the additional EOD man power just in case and I see no issue in that at all.
R.I.P SSG Ward 6 Apr 2013
"Garry Owen"

Return to “Off-Topic”