I-45 On-Ramp (Gulf Fwy)

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bdickens
Posts in topic: 4

Re: I-45 On-Ramp (Gulf Fwy)

Post by bdickens »

Bullitt wrote: Thanks, I know how to drive.

If I'm going 80 on a 65 speed limit highway, and everybody else is also going 80, nobody should be trying to pass me on the right simply because he/she wants to go 100 mph. Weavers, speeders, and tailgaters do this here on a daily basis. They are out of control.
It doesn't matter. You are impeding the flow of traffic. It is not your place to decide how fast anyone else gets to drive.

You do that stunt in Germany - where people actually do know how to drive as opposed to merely moving a car from one place to another - and you are the one getting the ticket no matter what the speed limit is and how fast they are driving.
Byron Dickens

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

bdickens wrote:

If I'm going 80 on a 65 speed limit highway, and everybody else is also going 80, nobody should be trying to pass me on the right simply because he/she wants to go 100 mph. Weavers, speeders, and tailgaters do this here on a daily basis. They are out of control.
It doesn't matter. You are impeding the flow of traffic. It is not your place to decide how fast anyone else gets to drive.

You do that stunt in Germany - where people actually do know how to drive as opposed to merely moving a car from one place to another - and you are the one getting the ticket no matter what the speed limit is and how fast they are driving.

and your point? this isn't Germany is it?
I think driving in the right lane on a highway should be illegal, as it's dangerous for people getting onto the highway. It's not, I deal with it, people drive stupid, everyone drives stupid at some point....you probably drive stupid, the Germans probably drive stupid at some point....geeze...deal with it and move on. Houston, Dallas, even San Anotonio
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

The point is twofold:

1) You are holding up traffic.

2) It is not within your purview to decide how fast other people get to drive.
Byron Dickens

Tic Tac

Post by Tic Tac »

What's that saying about a Batman license?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do own the whole durn road.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

magicglock

Post by magicglock »

Sounds like lack of common courtesy and control issues. Take speed limit out of the conversation and focus on courtesy. Stop trying to impose control over others. People speed, let them Chase that ticket and help them along by getting out of the way. I don't know why people are so hell bent to play hall monitor and deliberately impeed traffic to stop speeders. If you have cars behind you that want to get by...MOVE! Otherwise you are instigating road rage and have little regard for others. Frankley if you are one of those that won't let someone over or won't get out of the way you may have issues far greater than your driving. Let's all try to promote a polite society, this world needs some new examples to follow.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

magicglock wrote:Sounds like lack of common courtesy and control issues. Take speed limit out of the conversation and focus on courtesy. Stop trying to impose control over others. People speed, let them Chase that ticket and help them along by getting out of the way. I don't know why people are so heck bent to play hall monitor and deliberately impeed traffic to stop speeders. If you have cars behind you that want to get by...MOVE! Otherwise you are instigating road rage and have little regard for others. Frankley if you are one of those that won't let someone over or won't get out of the way you may have issues far greater than your driving. Let's all try to promote a polite society, this world needs some new examples to follow.
:iagree:
Byron Dickens

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

bdickens wrote:The point is twofold:

1) You are holding up traffic.

2) It is not within your purview to decide how fast other people get to drive.
Well to play devil's advocate, he's not holding up anyone driving legally. The law does not recognize illegal activity as a valid claim.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

magicglock wrote:Sounds like lack of common courtesy and control issues. Take speed limit out of the conversation and focus on courtesy. Stop trying to impose control over others. People speed, let them Chase that ticket and help them along by getting out of the way. I don't know why people are so heck bent to play hall monitor and deliberately impeed traffic to stop speeders. If you have cars behind you that want to get by...MOVE! Otherwise you are instigating road rage and have little regard for others. Frankley if you are one of those that won't let someone over or won't get out of the way you may have issues far greater than your driving. Let's all try to promote a polite society, this world needs some new examples to follow.
I'm ok with that if those who are traveling stay at a safe distance until a safe opportunity presents itself. But when does that fantasy happen? I also have an issue when Cletus the frsutrated NASCAR driver, gets frustrated with someone in the left lane and tries to get on MY bumper when I am in the correct lane. Back off! I already have a messed up hip that causes me pain every day thanks to one of you people.

Can we compromise and just make speeding a $2,000 dollar offense? :txflag:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Texas, where folks drive friendly, don't they?

My rage is limited to the T.V. - which I feel fully justified in talking back to without repercussion.

Topic author
Bullitt
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Bullitt »

bdickens wrote:

Actually, you are wrong. Very wrong. When the car in front of me is also going 80, I can't speed up, nor change lanes if the adjacent car is going 80. If an irresponsible driver chooses to slalom his way through traffic as openings open and close, then he is the one getting the ticket for reckless driving, not me. That's the law in every state. And don't lecture me about Germany, I was stationed there for three years and know all about driving on the autobahn.

Topic author
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:...

I'm ok with that if those who are traveling stay at a safe distance until a safe opportunity presents itself. But when does that fantasy happen? I also have an issue when Cletus the frsutrated NASCAR driver, gets frustrated with someone in the left lane and tries to get on MY bumper when I am in the correct lane. Back off!
Exactly! And you can tell from the responses here by some people, they are the ones exceeding the speed limit and feel it is their right to do so. Don't get 'em mad on the road, they might pull their gun :fire on you like that fool in my first post. Or they might even lecture you on the internet :bigmouth

xb12s
Posts in topic: 1

Post by xb12s »

SewTexas wrote: .... Houston, Dallas, even San Anotonio
Especially San Antonio. Not so much for speeding, but for the opposite. They have a whole different system of merging and yielding than the rest of the state. People come to a complete stop on the feeders to let people merge off of the freeway. :eek6

Just got to take it all in stride and take a deep breath. and then grumble about it to your coworkers or spouse or forum buddies later :lol:

Topic author
Bullitt

Post by Bullitt »

xb12s wrote:
SewTexas wrote: .... Houston, Dallas, even San Anotonio
Especially San Antonio...People come to a complete stop on the feeders to let people merge off of the freeway.
Here it's a race. The car on the ramp and the car in the lane will race. It's a sign of weakness to yield. Same goes for using your turn-signal to change lanes. If you do that, it's a sign of weakness and the adjacent cars will intentionally try to block you from changing lanes.

magicglock

Post by magicglock »

Bullitt wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:...

I'm ok with that if those who are traveling stay at a safe distance until a safe opportunity presents itself. But when does that fantasy happen? I also have an issue when Cletus the frsutrated NASCAR driver, gets frustrated with someone in the left lane and tries to get on MY bumper when I am in the correct lane. Back off!
Exactly! And you can tell from the responses here by some people, they are the ones exceeding the speed limit and feel it is their right to do so. Don't get 'em mad on the road, they might pull their gun :fire on you like that fool in my first post. Or they might even lecture you on the internet :bigmouth
Uh...I believe you started this earlier with "If I'm going 80 on a 65 speed limit road...". Hello pot, meet the kettle. Like I said, let's practice some courtesy and lead by example. Need not worry about what the other guy is doing, just keep yourself safe. Courtesy might be contagious. Internet lectures start with silly comments and generalizations like "Don't get 'em mad, they might pull a gun..."

Return to “Off-Topic”