Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3067
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#16

Post by SQLGeek » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:14 am

This type of activity does not win converts and only fully polarizes otherwise indifferent people, usually against us. I fully understand the concept of a right not exercised can lead to a right lost but it works other ways, too. California open carry activists brought so much attention to the issue that the CA legislature banned open carry of both handguns and long arms. It can happen here and elsewhere in this country.
Psalm 91:2

User avatar

texanjoker
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#17

Post by texanjoker » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Texsquatch wrote:
Maxwell wrote:In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:banghead:
:iagree:
:iagree:

Dude is a drama queen wanting attention "rlol" . If I ever feel it is that dangerous that I need my rifle to go to Walmart then I am not going. He should be glad the employees were not freaking out. Instead they approached him like men and asked him to leave. Most would simply call 911 about a MWAG, who is wearing a hat and keeping his sunglasses on inside the store. He may have then gone to jail for having that weapon in the walmart (see Keith's post)

I also wonder what condition the rifle was in.


Tic Tac
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#18

Post by Tic Tac » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Maxwell wrote:In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:banghead:
I totally agree. Having the vapors over a slung rifle is something Yankees and Kalifornuts do. No self respecting Southerner would call the cops because somebody has a rifle in a rack in their truck or slung over their shoulder.

User avatar

VMI77
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 6096
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm
Location: Victoria, Texas

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#19

Post by VMI77 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Some people don't get all freaked out by people with rifles slung over their backs.....and they live in a more gun controlled country than we do. The freak outs are a gun grabber's dream. No freaking out evident in these photos --just sayin'.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Don't let the libs denormalize gun possession.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

User avatar

VMI77
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 6096
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm
Location: Victoria, Texas

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#20

Post by VMI77 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:37 pm

texanjoker wrote:
Texsquatch wrote:
Maxwell wrote:In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:banghead:
:iagree:
:iagree:

Dude is a drama queen wanting attention "rlol" . If I ever feel it is that dangerous that I need my rifle to go to Walmart then I am not going. He should be glad the employees were not freaking out. Instead they approached him like men and asked him to leave. Most would simply call 911 about a MWAG, who is wearing a hat and keeping his sunglasses on inside the store. He may have then gone to jail for having that weapon in the walmart (see Keith's post)

I also wonder what condition the rifle was in.
Have you gone liberal on us? That's the exact same thing the libs say about concealed carry: why do you need a gun to go to Walmart? One obvious reason I can think of is that he was headed somewhere to hunt or shoot and he didn't want to leave it in the car where it might get stolen.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com


Texsquatch
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 576
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:55 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#21

Post by Texsquatch » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:51 pm

VMI77 wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Texsquatch wrote:
Maxwell wrote:In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:banghead:
:iagree:
:iagree:

Dude is a drama queen wanting attention "rlol" . If I ever feel it is that dangerous that I need my rifle to go to Walmart then I am not going. He should be glad the employees were not freaking out. Instead they approached him like men and asked him to leave. Most would simply call 911 about a MWAG, who is wearing a hat and keeping his sunglasses on inside the store. He may have then gone to jail for having that weapon in the walmart (see Keith's post)

I also wonder what condition the rifle was in.
Have you gone liberal on us? That's the exact same thing the libs say about concealed carry: why do you need a gun to go to Walmart? One obvious reason I can think of is that he was headed somewhere to hunt or shoot and he didn't want to leave it in the car where it might get stolen.
Don't confuse applying common sense with being liberal.

User avatar

Robert*PPS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 330
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:10 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#22

Post by Robert*PPS » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:55 pm

I understand what Texanjoker is saying in that there is nothing really practical about this. In this case, the carrying of a rifle in Walmart is being done specifically for the reaction. I guess the danger of that is people vote for law changes that prohibit open carry of long guns when it is practical and useful. Of course other side of that coin is, if we don't exercise the right, we may lose it altogether.


I'm still stuck, high-centered, on this fence about this type of expression.

User avatar

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#23

Post by VoiceofReason » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Keith B wrote:
JJVP wrote:There was something on the video that made me think. I believe that he actually committed a felony. Let me explain. The first guy that came in told him it was illegal to carry because they sell alcohol. The TABC "blue" sign says, " The Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" . It does not say, the "Unlicensed possession of a HANDGUN". There is no license for long guns in TX and therefore he was in possession of a WEAPON on a TABC "blue" business. It also occurred to me that even those of us carry with a CHL, are committing a felony when we go into any "Blue" business with a knife in the pocket. The knife is "unlicensed" and it is a "weapon".

Thoughts?
AR-15 on that premise is an unlicensed weapon and IS a felony. A knife in your pocekt is not against the law unless it is an illegal knife as defined under weapons in TPC 46.01.
How is this guy going to feel If Walmart puts up 30-06 signs in all their stores? I am not going to be very happy with the jerk if I can no longer carry concealed in Walmart because this fool wanted to make a statement or exercise his “right”.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me


Texsquatch
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 576
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:55 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#24

Post by Texsquatch » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:30 pm

VoiceofReason wrote:
Keith B wrote:
JJVP wrote:There was something on the video that made me think. I believe that he actually committed a felony. Let me explain. The first guy that came in told him it was illegal to carry because they sell alcohol. The TABC "blue" sign says, " The Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" . It does not say, the "Unlicensed possession of a HANDGUN". There is no license for long guns in TX and therefore he was in possession of a WEAPON on a TABC "blue" business. It also occurred to me that even those of us carry with a CHL, are committing a felony when we go into any "Blue" business with a knife in the pocket. The knife is "unlicensed" and it is a "weapon".

Thoughts?
AR-15 on that premise is an unlicensed weapon and IS a felony. A knife in your pocekt is not against the law unless it is an illegal knife as defined under weapons in TPC 46.01.
How is this guy going to feel If Walmart puts up 30-06 signs in all their stores? I am not going to be very happy with the jerk if I can no longer carry concealed in Walmart because this fool wanted to make a statement or exercise his “right”.
Bingo.

User avatar

Topic author
JJVP
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#25

Post by JJVP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:11 pm

VoiceofReason wrote:
Keith B wrote:
JJVP wrote:There was something on the video that made me think. I believe that he actually committed a felony. Let me explain. The first guy that came in told him it was illegal to carry because they sell alcohol. The TABC "blue" sign says, " The Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" . It does not say, the "Unlicensed possession of a HANDGUN". There is no license for long guns in TX and therefore he was in possession of a WEAPON on a TABC "blue" business. It also occurred to me that even those of us carry with a CHL, are committing a felony when we go into any "Blue" business with a knife in the pocket. The knife is "unlicensed" and it is a "weapon".

Thoughts?
AR-15 on that premise is an unlicensed weapon and IS a felony. A knife in your pocekt is not against the law unless it is an illegal knife as defined under weapons in TPC 46.01.
How is this guy going to feel If Walmart puts up 30-06 signs in all their stores? I am not going to be very happy with the jerk if I can no longer carry concealed in Walmart because this fool wanted to make a statement or exercise his “right”.
So I guess if TX ever passed open carry, you would not want anyone to open carry? Why be afraid of doing legal things just because some idiots don't like it.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

User avatar

Topic author
JJVP
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#26

Post by JJVP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Keith B wrote:
JJVP wrote:There was something on the video that made me think. I believe that he actually committed a felony. Let me explain. The first guy that came in told him it was illegal to carry because they sell alcohol. The TABC "blue" sign says, " The Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" . It does not say, the "Unlicensed possession of a HANDGUN". There is no license for long guns in TX and therefore he was in possession of a WEAPON on a TABC "blue" business. It also occurred to me that even those of us carry with a CHL, are committing a felony when we go into any "Blue" business with a knife in the pocket. The knife is "unlicensed" and it is a "weapon".

Thoughts?
AR-15 on that premise is an unlicensed weapon and IS a felony. A knife in your pocekt is not against the law unless it is an illegal knife as defined under weapons in TPC 46.01.
Why wouldn't having a knife on that premise be a felony? A knife is a weapon. It is not licensed. The law says, "Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" not "Unlicensed Possession of an illegal WEAPON". Not saying that you are wrong, just trying to understand the nuances of the law.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 10239
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#27

Post by carlson1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:24 pm

JJVP wrote:. . .Why be afraid of doing legal things just because some idiots don't like it.
Everyone who does not agree with your opinion or open carry are not "idiots."
Image

User avatar

MoJo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4899
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:10 pm
Location: Vidor, Tx
Contact:

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#28

Post by MoJo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:30 pm

carlson1 wrote:
JJVP wrote:. . .Why be afraid of doing legal things just because some idiots don't like it.
Everyone who does not agree with your opinion or open carry are not "idiots."
Amen! :iagree: :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

User avatar

Topic author
JJVP
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#29

Post by JJVP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:42 pm

carlson1 wrote:
JJVP wrote:. . .Why be afraid of doing legal things just because some idiots don't like it.
Everyone who does not agree with your opinion or open carry are not "idiots."
So you wouldn't mind if TX made CC illegal, no more CHL, just because some people did not like guns or agreed with your opinion about CC, right?
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

User avatar

jmra
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10351
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Ellis County

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#30

Post by jmra » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:50 pm

JJVP wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:
Keith B wrote:
JJVP wrote:There was something on the video that made me think. I believe that he actually committed a felony. Let me explain. The first guy that came in told him it was illegal to carry because they sell alcohol. The TABC "blue" sign says, " The Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" . It does not say, the "Unlicensed possession of a HANDGUN". There is no license for long guns in TX and therefore he was in possession of a WEAPON on a TABC "blue" business. It also occurred to me that even those of us carry with a CHL, are committing a felony when we go into any "Blue" business with a knife in the pocket. The knife is "unlicensed" and it is a "weapon".

Thoughts?
AR-15 on that premise is an unlicensed weapon and IS a felony. A knife in your pocekt is not against the law unless it is an illegal knife as defined under weapons in TPC 46.01.
How is this guy going to feel If Walmart puts up 30-06 signs in all their stores? I am not going to be very happy with the jerk if I can no longer carry concealed in Walmart because this fool wanted to make a statement or exercise his “right”.
So I guess if TX ever passed open carry, you would not want anyone to open carry? Why be afraid of doing legal things just because some idiots don't like it.
As has already been pointed out, the guy committed a felony by carrying an unlicensed firearm where alcohol is sold. So, he was not doing "legal things".
This is about as dumb as having an open carry get together at Starbucks to show "appreciation" for their policies. In the end this kind of action only results in a piece of lead in the foot.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”