Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 6

Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

Post by JJVP »

http://www.schnittshow.com/cc-common/ne ... e=11586843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

Post by Maxwell »

In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:banghead:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Sitting on the bench by the front door in any Walmart is like going to :eek6 the circus. Some clown strolling in with an AR-15 is no more cause for freaking out than the toothless Walmartians before or after him. Besides that, I've got him covered. :fire

Uh, doesn't Walmart sell AR-15's?

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CoffeeNut »

Oldgringo wrote:...Uh, doesn't Walmart sell AR-15's?
They do indeed. Mine even sells Colt's with Magpul furniture.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

CoffeeNut wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:...Uh, doesn't Walmart sell AR-15's?
They do indeed. Mine even sells Colt's with Magpul furniture.
They ain't got no bullets, but dey do has da' guns. :roll:

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Maxwell wrote:In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:iagree:

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am (becoming was) for open carry. The more of these type of activities I see the less I support open carry.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

Frankly if I were Walmart and I saw someone wandering around with a firearm and a buddy in tow with a camera I'd ask them to leave the property as well. It's pretty clear that people like this want nothing more than attention and YouTube views. If they wanted to encourage a different store policy they'd arrange a sit down with the manager and discuss the law and even bring handouts for him like most people do when pushing a cause or they'd get permission to stand out front of the store like the Salvation Army, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and veterans groups do.

On a positive note I OC'd in New Mexico and no one cared or asked me to leave. The people at IHOP were just as friendly as ever, then again I didn't strap an AR-15 to my back nor was I being videotaped the entire time I had my coffee and pancakes.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Maxwell wrote:In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

I disagree. This does not make us all look bad. Divorced dads who fail to make child support payments do not make all divirced dads look bad.

Drugged out teenagers do not make all teenagers look bad.

Looney leftists in congress do not make all looney leftists....wait. That one does not count.

Anyway, I disagree.

Many in the colonies thought our founding fathers made them look bad.

Sometime you just have to do what you have to do.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

my problem is with society as a whole and the endoctrination that has been instilled on everyday citizens "that guns ecspecially those evil black ones are in fact evil". i also don't understand how everyone here believes in the 2nd amendment rights set forth in the constitution and carry a firearm/s to protect themselves. but at the same time believe that someone with a long gun strapped to their back (is making us look bad) how is that any different from than the pistol on your hip/ankle etc. i know someone will say it's the different between handguns and long guns or open vs cc. Now i do understand the advantages/disadvantages of cc vs open, but the 2nd says ARMS..... not just pistols underneath your shirt. i believe it's because we think it will ultimately bring more restrictions or the outright ban of guns BECAUSE OF THE EFFECT IT HAS ON SOCIETY AND THAT'S WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE. (people freaking out and calling the cops, making the news, etc.) as i said if open carry passed i would most likely still carry concealed for it's surprise advantages but if the majority of the public had firearms openly there would be a whole lot less temptation for crime. Prime EX. HOW MANY SKEET SHOOTING TOURNAMENTS OR ANY OTHER SHOOTING COMPETITON EVENTS HAVE EVER HAD A MASS SHOOTING???? not accident, but mass shooting like Aurora, Columbine, etc....

NONE.......

and thats because most everybody there have guns and no how to shoot them..... now take that and multiply it by the population of the Texas, or the whole country. imagine how nice it would be. Now there will be crazies and people who mentally shouldn't have guns, but they will be expended quickly by the majority who should. you'd be surprised how fast all these excuses and mental issues/illnesses that cause "good ol american young men/women" to commit murder and other horrendous crimes disappear. I believe that everyone is afraid to change the stigma slowly because of resistance (as we have already seen) but this place has sunk to a point where no gradual change will really make a difference and it's become desperate times call for desperate measures.I'm sure some of you will disagree and that's fine nor will i respond to any comments made on mine, this is just my rant/opinion....thanks for watching! :txflag:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Much of their regular clientele scares me a whole lot more.
Byron Dickens

SC1903A3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SC1903A3 »

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something. This is just another case of the "all about me" syndrome.

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 6

Post by JJVP »

There was something on the video that made me think. I believe that he actually committed a felony. Let me explain. The first guy that came in told him it was illegal to carry because they sell alcohol. The TABC "blue" sign says, " The Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" . It does not say, the "Unlicensed possession of a HANDGUN". There is no license for long guns in TX and therefore he was in possession of a WEAPON on a TABC "blue" business. It also occurred to me that even those of us carry with a CHL, are committing a felony when we go into any "Blue" business with a knife in the pocket. The knife is "unlicensed" and it is a "weapon".

Thoughts?
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

The only weapon you can even get a license for in the state of Texas is a handgun. No license at all is needed - or even available - for anything else and if it isn't illegal to own it in the first place then you can carry it anywhere.
Byron Dickens

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

JJVP wrote:There was something on the video that made me think. I believe that he actually committed a felony. Let me explain. The first guy that came in told him it was illegal to carry because they sell alcohol. The TABC "blue" sign says, " The Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" . It does not say, the "Unlicensed possession of a HANDGUN". There is no license for long guns in TX and therefore he was in possession of a WEAPON on a TABC "blue" business. It also occurred to me that even those of us carry with a CHL, are committing a felony when we go into any "Blue" business with a knife in the pocket. The knife is "unlicensed" and it is a "weapon".

Thoughts?
AR-15 on that premise is an unlicensed weapon and IS a felony. A knife in your pocekt is not against the law unless it is an illegal knife as defined under weapons in TPC 46.01.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Off-Topic”