Stabbing at Spring HS

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
fishman
Posts in topic: 1

Stabbing at Spring HS

Post by fishman »

Five people stabbed at spring high school, one fatally. News is just now breaking.
IANAL

chasfm11

Re: Stabbing at Spring HS

Post by chasfm11 »

For those in the area, how likely is it that this was gang related? Most of the time, the media doesn't share such information.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

Live coverage on Channel 2. Graphic photos on TV due to the students having smart phones. School on lock down, anxious parents surrounding the school. From the photos it happened inside the school in a hallway or classroom. Suspect or suspects are know. Edit It was in the Cafeteria.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Looking like it was a "violent fight" or "possible gang fight" per Channel 11.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Ban knives and cafeterias

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RogueUSMC »

philip964 wrote:Ban knives and cafeterias
No more salisbury steak on Wednesdays is just a sacrifice we have to make...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

RogueUSMC wrote:
No more salisbury steak on Wednesdays is just a sacrifice we have to make...
You needed a chainsaw to cut the salsbury steak (supposedly steak) at our school cafeteria. :ack:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

17yr old killed by another 17yr old. Sick. Betcha that the murder didn't live in a nuclear family, with a strong father in the home. people need to raise their kids right. There is a right way.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Spring HS is my alma mater. I am heartbroken that this happened and equally heartbroken that this district has changed so much in a negative way since I attended there over 30 years ago. As I look around, it seems clear to me that this sort of thing is simply another symptom of how our society, our country even, is falling. Parents in name only, destruction of the nuclear family, removing God from all public discourse, public schools teaching to the lowest common denominator, an ever-growing and ever-hungry entitlement culture are all related to public policy disasters enacted by politicians exhorting feel-good solutions with no real analysis behind them. The symptoms of societal decay have reached the point that thug life -- inevitably living on the dole until you are either dead or locked away in jail for life -- is glorified in popular culture and kids are killing kids. This is a train that we must get off of.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

What really gets me is that it was reportedly SIX HOURS before they let parents get to their kids, and three before they even sent out phone alert information. I can understand a brief period of time to make sure there's no more immediate threat and the scene is protected for investigators, but beyond that, if I want my kid you're giving me my kid. The article I read said the delay was because many of the students had seen the incident and the police wanted statements. Is it even legal to keep a juvenile detained, denying the parents access, for that long just to get a statement because they might have been a witness to a crime? I understand the desire to get a statement, but is there any reason the parents couldn't be present for the wait? And truthfully, I don't think their desire to get a statement trumps my right as a parent to have access to my kids -- especially not when so many people saw it.

If we weren't already homeschooling, I'd be withdrawing my kid that same day. Not because of the stabbing (although that's certainly frightening) but because of the behavior of school administrators. What I read also indicated they didn't bother to send anyone to talk to the parents waiting outside the school trying to get their kids.

http://www.kvue.com/home/1-killed-other ... 37011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bcschae

Post by bcschae »

I couldn't agree more. Regardless of the school or situation, I have a right to have my children when I want them. Not when the school decides to give them to me.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

MotherBear wrote:What really gets me is that it was reportedly SIX HOURS before they let parents get to their kids, and three before they even sent out phone alert information. I can understand a brief period of time to make sure there's no more immediate threat and the scene is protected for investigators, but beyond that, if I want my kid you're giving me my kid. The article I read said the delay was because many of the students had seen the incident and the police wanted statements. Is it even legal to keep a juvenile detained, denying the parents access, for that long just to get a statement because they might have been a witness to a crime? I understand the desire to get a statement, but is there any reason the parents couldn't be present for the wait? And truthfully, I don't think their desire to get a statement trumps my right as a parent to have access to my kids -- especially not when so many people saw it.

If we weren't already homeschooling, I'd be withdrawing my kid that same day. Not because of the stabbing (although that's certainly frightening) but because of the behavior of school administrators. What I read also indicated they didn't bother to send anyone to talk to the parents waiting outside the school trying to get their kids.

http://www.kvue.com/home/1-killed-other ... 37011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Schools can pretty much do as they desire when it comes to the law, and students on campus. I am not exaggerating.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

MotherBear wrote:What really gets me is that it was reportedly SIX HOURS before they let parents get to their kids, and three before they even sent out phone alert information. I can understand a brief period of time to make sure there's no more immediate threat and the scene is protected for investigators, but beyond that, if I want my kid you're giving me my kid. The article I read said the delay was because many of the students had seen the incident and the police wanted statements. Is it even legal to keep a juvenile detained, denying the parents access, for that long just to get a statement because they might have been a witness to a crime? I understand the desire to get a statement, but is there any reason the parents couldn't be present for the wait? And truthfully, I don't think their desire to get a statement trumps my right as a parent to have access to my kids -- especially not when so many people saw it.

Would the school be involved in that or is the delay police related? (this is a question, not a defense).

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Knives are already banned at most high school cafeterias. You get a spork, now.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

stroo

Post by stroo »

You think your kids are yours. The Education establishment thinks your kids belong to them or at least to the state.

Return to “Off-Topic”