Calling all CHLs who are also RVers

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Calling all CHLs who are also RVers

Post by Venus Pax »

Although I do not own an RV, I would love to have one someday. Another vote for an RV section!!
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

burell
Posts in topic: 1

Post by burell »

we are nearly full time Rv'ers. My job takes me a lot of places. Been in Texas for 2 years now. Probably at least one more year before the chance opens up that I move again. We have a 43' Open Range. I have not had much trouble with the parks and carrying my guns with me. One park warned me that no matter my fault or not I would be asked to leave if an incident occurred and it became public knowledge of my guns in the park.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 10

Post by chasfm11 »

burell wrote:we are nearly full time Rv'ers. My job takes me a lot of places. Been in Texas for 2 years now. Probably at least one more year before the chance opens up that I move again. We have a 43' Open Range. I have not had much trouble with the parks and carrying my guns with me. One park warned me that no matter my fault or not I would be asked to leave if an incident occurred and it became public knowledge of my guns in the park.
I would be curious to know about that situation. We have been in a lot of places in many States and no one has mentioned firearms at any of the campgrounds. Based on threads in a couple of the RV forums, it appears pretty common that RVers have 'em - unless they are Canadian snow birds of course. :evil2:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Longhorn-breeder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Longhorn-breeder »

Every park I have lived in has a small print blurb that says no firearms
Longhorn-breeder
Central TX

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

I have been in several Texas parks that say "No Firearms."

Beavers Bend in Broken Bow has a "No Firearms" sign also.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Oldgringo »

carlson1 wrote:I have been in several Texas parks that say "No Firearms."

Montana state parks most definitely disallow the "discharge" of any guns including air and paintball guns. We had a black bear look in our RV last summer and amble on. I suspect if a Griz got after me and I started shooting, it would be okay PROVIDED I did not injure a camper.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

My comment was directed at an apparent conversation that took place. I, too, have seen do firearm signs but no one has ever asked me about nor threatened me about the consequences from one. Signs are one thing but bringing up the matter verbally seemed a little strange.
Dum Spiro, Spero

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Oldgringo »

chasfm11 wrote:

My comment was directed at an apparent conversation that took place. I, too, have seen do firearm signs but no one has ever asked me about nor threatened me about the consequences from one. Signs are one thing but bringing up the matter verbally seemed a little strange.
At the risk of further chastisement, I say this, "concealed is concealed". Common sense and good judgment come into play, OK and MT are OC states; however, if you go waving your gun around and or otherwise acting a fool, you will get some attention. If you're doing that in my park, I will call the sheriff...endelè pronto.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Oldgringo wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:

At the risk of further chastisement, I say this, "concealed is concealed". Common sense and good judgment come into play, OK and MT are OC states; however, if you go waving your gun around and or otherwise acting a fool, you will get some attention. If you're doing that in my park, I will call the sheriff...endelè pronto.
Agreed. And that was my point. If I'm simply a camper who shows up at a park and doesn't mention guns in anyway (and I never have and never will), I'm curious about any event where someone else would bring the subject into a conversation. OTOH, if I were silly enough to bring it up (again, I'm not), I wouldn't at all be surprised about the reaction of the other party. I like Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

We've seen our share of RV parks that were run by control freaks. There are more rules than campers. I've been lectured (in advance) about all the things that I'm not supposed to do while I'm there. I've just never run into one of those that even gave firearms a passing mention.
Dum Spiro, Spero

Longhorn-breeder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Longhorn-breeder »

Yep me too I live under the concealed is concealed but I also don't discuss what I have inside my rv
Longhorn-breeder
Central TX

Return to “Off-Topic”