New pup

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New pup

Post by RPBrown »

May you have many years of happiness together. Good job in adopting
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

RPBrown wrote:May you have many years of happiness together. Good job in adopting
My thoughts exactly.
Congratulations - good looking hound.
CHL since 01/26/09

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Good looking dog!

Two questions:

1) is the interior of your vehicle slobber-free yet?
2) Have you bought stock in the Acme Towel Company yet? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

For those of you my age you'll know what I mean when I say he looks like Duke.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

SC1903A3 wrote:For those of you my age you'll know what I mean when I say he looks like Duke.
[youtube][/youtube]
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Lol... That is the cutest darned dog! I laugh every time I look at his picture. I love big ole friendly dogs like that. I would have taken him home myself. If he gets to being a problem for you, let me know, I'll help you out and take him off your hands. :mrgreen: I won't be holding my breath.

03Lightningrocks

The Annoyed Man wrote:
SC1903A3 wrote:For those of you my age you'll know what I mean when I say he looks like Duke.
[youtube][/youtube]
OMG! Where is Jed? We found his dog! :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

I haven't thought about the Beverly Hillbillies in years! I loved that show as a kid. Man, we were innocent back then.

nyj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nyj »

I can't imagine him not having a family looking for him. You don't see Bloodhounds often at all.

Cool dog, though. Hope it works out.

Topic author
bubba84

Post by bubba84 »

TAM, my truck WAS slobber free until Thursday.
The Annoyed Man wrote:Good looking dog!

Two questions:

1) is the interior of your vehicle slobber-free yet?
2) Have you bought stock in the Acme Towel Company yet? :mrgreen:

Topic author
bubba84

Post by bubba84 »

nyj wrote:I can't imagine him not having a family looking for him. You don't see Bloodhounds often at all.

Cool dog, though. Hope it works out.

Me either, which is why for the first 4-6 weeks I'm gonna consider it a fostership, he is house trained and although stubborn like any other hound he's very well mannered.

Theres no doubt that he is being missed by somebody, if/when they come calling, I will gladly send him home, until then gonna give him a good home.

Topic author
bubba84

Post by bubba84 »

Well, had a sad turn of events with Buford this evening. He had been exhibiting some slight possessive agression around the water and food bowls towards the other animals. (2 cats, my boxer, and my wifes shitzhu). As much as I didn't want to, I had to put Buford down. My 6 year old son was in the kitchen to put dishes in the sink, and his cat was on the counter. Will picked his cat up and Buford and the cat started fighting. Will was bit in the scuffle. I was in the living room and heard the commotion and then heard my son screaming "daddy" over and over. My son is phsically fine, no punctures, just a scratch and possibly bruising. I went into the kitchen and grabbed Buford by the collar and took him into the backyard. When I let go of his collar, he turned and lunged at me. I was able to kick him away. I have bite marks on my shoe. As he lunged a second time, I shot him. I hit him just above his right eye with a speer gold dot .357 mag from my Taurus 651. I called Howe PD and reported the gunshot; an officer came out and made sure Will was fine and took pictures of the scene.

RIP Buford, sorry it didn't work out.

howdy

Post by howdy »

bubba84 wrote:Well, had a sad turn of events with Buford this evening. He had been exhibiting some slight possessive agression around the water and food bowls towards the other animals. (2 cats, my boxer, and my wifes shitzhu). As much as I didn't want to, I had to put Buford down. My 6 year old son was in the kitchen to put dishes in the sink, and his cat was on the counter. Will picked his cat up and Buford and the cat started fighting. Will was bit in the scuffle. I was in the living room and heard the commotion and then heard my son screaming "daddy" over and over. My son is phsically fine, no punctures, just a scratch and possibly bruising. I went into the kitchen and grabbed Buford by the collar and took him into the backyard. When I let go of his collar, he turned and lunged at me. I was able to kick him away. I have bite marks on my shoe. As he lunged a second time, I shot him. I hit him just above his right eye with a speer gold dot .357 mag from my Taurus 651. I called Howe PD and reported the gunshot; an officer came out and made sure Will was fine and took pictures of the scene.

RIP Buford, sorry it didn't work out.

Tell me this is a joke.....
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

That is an incredibly sad turn of events. I'm glad you and the kiddo are OK, but I can't imagine how bad you feel about the outcome.

RIP Buford.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

03Lightningrocks

Oh man! Sorry it worked out like this. What a nightmare! I am glad your son is alright.

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Wow, I have gone thru the thought process of defending myself against dogs in the neighborhood but never thought of having to defend against a dog in my home.
I had wondered earlier in this thread how a dog like that ended up at the pound. I think we know the answer now.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”