Police Break Into and Damage Truck?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 1

Police Break Into and Damage Truck?

Post by Jim Beaux »

“I come outside, jump in the truck, and the whole thing’s been torn apart inside, wires had been yanked out, the paneling had some scratches on it…” One might think that maybe it was a burglar who had been inside his truck, but nope. It was the police, and Mr. Heller knows that because they left a note saying exactly what they did.
"While the search is legal, it is not typical.
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/ma ... 42323.html
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

MasterOfNone

Re: Police Break Into and Damage Truck?

Post by MasterOfNone »

Sounds like excellent police work. But I will reserve judgment until we get the truth in a TPD press release. :mrgreen:
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jim Beaux wrote:
“I come outside, jump in the truck, and the whole thing’s been torn apart inside, wires had been yanked out, the paneling had some scratches on it…” One might think that maybe it was a burglar who had been inside his truck, but nope. It was the police, and Mr. Heller knows that because they left a note saying exactly what they did.
"While the search is legal, it is not typical.
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/ma ... 42323.html
That's the problem. It's legal, and it shouldn't be. The Gestapo's actions in 1940s Germany were legal too. Doesn't make them right. Obviously, the "strong odor of marijuana" was completely spurious since there wasn't any marijuana in the vehicle. Far more believable is "I don't like the cut of this guy's jib. Let's toss his car and see what comes up." Nazi thugs.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

MasterOfNone wrote:Sounds like excellent police work. But I will reserve judgment until we get the truth in a TPD press release. :mrgreen:
He's still alive. His dog is still alive.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

We need to start having a you break it you bought it principal for police. If you tear up a persons' car, house, body, and you found nothing then you get to repair the damages. Of course this must be combined with lapel videos because at this point I am not certain that some of the boys in blue might attempt to "find" something no matter what then.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

mamabearCali wrote:We need to start having a you break it you bought it principal for police. If you tear up a persons' car, house, body, and you found nothing then you get to repair the damages. Of course this must be combined with lapel videos because at this point I am not certain that some of the boys in blue might attempt to "find" something no matter what then.
I think it's a long tradition that police can tear up private property when serving a warrant. I can't remember a time when they had to pay for repairing damaged property.
NRA Endowment Member

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Just cause something is a tradition does not make it right. In this case they were not serving a warrant. They had faulty noses and tore up a car based on just about nothing.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

mamabearCali wrote:Just cause something is a tradition does not make it right. In this case they were not serving a warrant. They had faulty noses and tore up a car based on just about nothing.
I wouldn't say they had faulty noses.
Seems to me they were being nosy. "rlol"
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

jmra

Post by jmra »

It amazes me that something that is impossible to prove/disprove in a court of law (a smell) can be probable cause.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

Glad he wasn't present or there would have been cavity searches and then he'd have been hauled off to the hospital for more thorough searching....
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

jmra

Post by jmra »

RX8er wrote:Glad he wasn't present or there would have been cavity searches and then he'd have been hauled off to the hospital for more thorough searching....
:shock:
Not the way I would want to become a millionaire.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

you can buy fragrance oil that smells like anything and everything....like the smell of tomatoes, I can make you up a batch of soap that smells like tomatoes, like the smell of roses, I can make some rose smell'n soap, like the smell of bacon, yep, I can do that too...heck, I can make rose/bacon soap, yuck!....Pot? most likely....most folks just go with Patchuli and call it good, esp when mixed with hemp oil. yeh, a little about too much. and If I can make soap with the fragrance oil, anyone can make a spray with it.

what am I saying? I'm saying, just cause you smell it, don't mean it's there
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

SewTexas wrote:you can buy fragrance oil that smells like anything and everything....like the smell of tomatoes, I can make you up a batch of soap that smells like tomatoes, like the smell of roses, I can make some rose smell'n soap, like the smell of bacon, yep, I can do that too...heck, I can make rose/bacon soap, yuck!....Pot? most likely....most folks just go with Patchuli and call it good, esp when mixed with hemp oil. yeh, a little about too much. and If I can make soap with the fragrance oil, anyone can make a spray with it.

Exactly. And even IF the car was full to the overhead liner with unpackaged weed, wouldn't it have made a WHOLE lot more sense to simply kick back and wait for the owner to show up, open the car, and then ARREST THE PERP AND confiscate the weed? That's part of the problem.......cops like these knuckleheads get so juiced up at the thought of getting all tactical and breaking and smashing stuff.........'cause it's so much fun......that they throw good policework right out the window.

And then they skate and get off scott free, without ANY accountability, while the guy who owns this truck is looking at a couple of thousand dollars in repairs that were totally unnecessary. How is that not criminal?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

stavos

Post by stavos »

The Annoyed Man wrote:And then they skate and get off scott free, without ANY accountability, while the guy who owns this truck is looking at a couple of thousand dollars in repairs that were totally unnecessary. How is that not criminal?
Laws are for the little people.

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

SewTexas wrote:you can buy fragrance oil that smells like anything and everything....like the smell of tomatoes, I can make you up a batch of soap that smells like tomatoes, like the smell of roses, I can make some rose smell'n soap, like the smell of bacon, yep, I can do that too...heck, I can make rose/bacon soap, yuck!....Pot? most likely....most folks just go with Patchuli and call it good, esp when mixed with hemp oil. yeh, a little about too much. and If I can make soap with the fragrance oil, anyone can make a spray with it.

Very true!!!!
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”