Look who donated to Wendy Davis

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Look who donated to Wendy Davis

Post by RetNavy »

a few weeks ago my daughter attended an over night birthday party for one of her classmates.... when I picked her up the next morning while waiting for her to get her stuff i was waiting in their dining room and their table was covered with Davis literature and brochures.....

I wasn't asked about who I was voting for but i did mentioned it to my wife and asked how could two pediatricians campaign for her.... guess i should have asked the parents instead... but that's their choice
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

Purplehood wrote:My son is the youngest Neighborhood Team Leader for Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas in the state.

Though I disagree with my son and his view of politics, I am quite proud of him taking part in the Democratic process.

As a note, I would not write-off Wendy Davis as a viable candidate. Seeing my son and his colleagues and the amount of work that they have been putting in towards getting Davis elected, I worry that the Republican party may be resting a little too much on its laurels.
Send him to live in some place like Chicago......Chicago has completely cured my son of his leftist impulses.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

RetNavy wrote:a few weeks ago my daughter attended an over night birthday party for one of her classmates.... when I picked her up the next morning while waiting for her to get her stuff i was waiting in their dining room and their table was covered with Davis literature and brochures.....

I wasn't asked about who I was voting for but i did mentioned it to my wife and asked how could two pediatricians campaign for her.... guess i should have asked the parents instead... but that's their choice

The American Pediatrics Association is notorious for their anti-gun and collectivist ideology. Granted, all pediatricians may not be members, but all pediatricians are lobbied by this leftist association and inundated with their garbage.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

There was some concern about Abbott's campaign mentioned in this thread. Here is an article that sheds some light on his focus and tactics. He didn't see much need in spending time and money campaigning to people that were already going to vote for him. Lessons to be learned here.

Thought some may find this of interest.

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/11/07/ ... t-machine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

mojo84 wrote:There was some concern about Abbott's campaign mentioned in this thread. Here is an article that sheds some light on his focus and tactics. He didn't see much need in spending time and money campaigning to people that were already going to vote for him. Lessons to be learned here.

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/11/07/ ... t-machine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the insightful article link.

I found the constant barrage of Abbott emails annoying. I'd get at least one a day since I contributed to the campaign a few months ago, and in the last weeks of the campaign it would be at least 3 emails per day. Did they really need to do that to a person who bought a lawn sign? :lol:

I suppose I could have unsubscribed, but, it's easier to just complain here... "rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Angie's List also apparently big supporter.

Sorry,not correct. Changed in later post.
Last edited by rotor on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Willie has always had a soft spot for blondes.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

rotor wrote:Angie's List also apparently big supporter.
Angie's List was a Wendy Davis supporter?

Chas.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
mojo84 wrote:There was some concern about Abbott's campaign mentioned in this thread. Here is an article that sheds some light on his focus and tactics. He didn't see much need in spending time and money campaigning to people that were already going to vote for him. Lessons to be learned here.

I found the constant barrage of Abbott emails annoying. I'd get at least one a day since I contributed to the campaign a few months ago, and in the last weeks of the campaign it would be at least 3 emails per day. Did they really need to do that to a person who bought a lawn sign? :lol:

I suppose I could have unsubscribed, but, it's easier to just complain here... "rlol"
Hmm... Why couldn't I have noticed the unsubscribe link months ago? I use it for things that I've actually subscribed to, and just changed my mind about, but I hadn't noticed it for political emails. Instead, I created contacts in my computer's address book named "Political Spam" and I've told my mail client to mark anything from them as junk. Every time I got a political email from a new address, I added it to that contact.

Unsubscribing seems easier. Although I did kinda enjoy coming up with my own way to say, um... hmm... How about "go away", but with way more emphasis than the words by themselves imply?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

RoyGBiv wrote:

Yeah, I'm right with you. I got hammered with emails too. He built quite the war chest and campaign machine. Much of it was what was learned from Obama and the dems from the last several elections. The Republicans are getting better at fighting the campaign battles. Now if they can get their act together to win in the legislating and governing wars.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

My error. My local paper had this...
"“I don’t understand at this point where we lost them, if indeed we did,” said Patsy Woods Martin, executive director of Annie’s List, a political organization that backs Democratic women and was a heavy financial contributor to Davis."
I thought they said Angies list.

ELB

Post by ELB »

I've been away for a week, so just caught up to this thread. The OP, about all the hollyweirds donating to Wendy Davis, gave me warm, happy, gemuetlichkeit glow. I love it when I read about leftists throwing their political money down a rathole. :mrgreen:

If you enjoy this kind of schadenfreude, this link will make your day: Meager Returns for the Democrats’ Biggest Donor

And while I am at it: Congrats to Scott Walker!
USAF 1982-2005

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

rotor wrote:My error. My local paper had this...
"“I don’t understand at this point where we lost them, if indeed we did,” said Patsy Woods Martin, executive director of Annie’s List, a political organization that backs Democratic women and was a heavy financial contributor to Davis."
I thought they said Angies list.
I think your other post with the wrong name should be edited also. Just in case someone doesn't read further in the thread.
:cool:
N5PNZ

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

VMI77 wrote:The American Pediatrics Association is notorious for their anti-gun and collectivist ideology. Granted, all pediatricians may not be members, but all pediatricians are lobbied by this leftist association and inundated with their garbage.
Our pediatrician's husband uses that stuff for targets. :evil2:

SA_Steve

Post by SA_Steve »

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=angi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Angie's list is in no position to make political contributions - see bottom line in the above report.

Now if they were a green energy outfit, gov supported crony capitalists, or some such then it would be a different story.
You may have the last word.

Return to “Off-Topic”