Look who donated to Wendy Davis

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Look who donated to Wendy Davis

Post by mojo84 »

gigag04 wrote:Didn't the guy that owns Buccees donate too?

I'd be surprised based on this. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/ ... 307143.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

pistola
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pistola »

JP171 wrote:none of the people there surprised me in any way
:iagree:

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
VMI77 wrote:I don't see how anyone can support a person as morally bankrupt as Wendy Davis.
So true. She's been caught flat out lying about her past and the "hardships" she endured to graduate from college then law school. She bemoaned the heavy burden of school loans after law school, but failed to mention that she filed for divorce from her nth husband the day after he paid off her school loans! Yep, she's a bastion of honesty, integrity and loyalty. She needs to move to Chicago where she'll fit in quite well.

Chas.
And that is exactly what I'm talking about and should be enough to disqualify her from any public office.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Look at the Hollywood slugs that donated to Wendy Davis. There's only one name that is surprising. http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texa ... to-5542276" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.
And his is the largest donation, at $250,000.....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

philip964

Post by philip964 »

$250 is not much of a donation for a rich person. Some people give to both sides.
The $5000 and up are real I support you donations. The small ones the press agent may have made just to make that list.

The only time I got to hear Willy Nelson live was that event.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Look at the Hollywood slugs that donated to Wendy Davis. There's only one name that is surprising. http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texa ... to-5542276" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chas.
I know this is very un-Texan of me, but I've never had any respect for him anyway.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

philip964 wrote:$250 is not much of a donation for a rich person. Some people give to both sides.
The $5000 and up are real I support you donations. The small ones the press agent may have made just to make that list.

I wasn't clear if those donating were actually present, or if they included mail-in checks.

I'm curious; did Nelson have anything to say about Wendy, Abbott or the race?

Chas.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

These are mainly your typical Hollywood, California liberals that vote Democratic. Doesn't really suprise me that much. And Willie is a liberal. I heard he is a big OC proponent as well, but that is OC of his stash. :biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Chas.
I know this is very un-Texan of me, but I've never had any respect for him anyway.

Chas.

Charles that's cause all he want to do is smoke a bit with waylan and the boi's and his criminal record bears this out. Willie is a disgrace to Texas and never should have been allowed to live beyond 1934

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: ... she filed for divorce from her nth husband the day after he paid off her school loans!

Chas.
Money well spent! ;-)
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

CowboyEngineer

Post by CowboyEngineer »

Jumping Frog wrote: I mentally cut the cord and have had zero use for Hanks when he started making viciously anti-Catholic movies. Got no use for Dan Brown or Ron Howard as well.

:iagree:
NRA Life Member
Glock 23
Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" IWB

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

Chas.

Chas.
Me either. I have no use for a geriatric delinquent. :mad5
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Jim Beaux wrote:Tom Hanks is a big time obama supporter. He said that not only did obama meet his expectations, but expanded them.
I had no idea! Then he's either a liar or an idiot -- perhaps both.

Chas.
Momma always said, "Stupid is as stupid does..."
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

philip964 wrote:$250 is not much of a donation for a rich person. Some people give to both sides.

Phiip, It was $250,000.00 from Willy Nelson... not $250.00. At least that's what the website said.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

Phiip, It was $250,000.00 from Willy Nelson... not $250.00. At least that's what the website said.
It was $250 from Tom Hanks.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Off-Topic”