Bullet vending machine anyone?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Bullet vending machine anyone?

Post by jmra »

Worth a shot: Former Pennsylvania police officer's vending machines sell ammo
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/05/wo ... sell-ammo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

PBratton
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Bullet vending machine anyone?

Post by PBratton »

All it's going to take here is for the BATF to bring in an 18 year old and have him buy pistol rounds...
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by EEllis »

PBratton wrote:All it's going to take here is for the BATF to bring in an 18 year old and have him buy pistol rounds...
He is putting the machines in a local gun club which makes total sense. This would allow club members to buy ammo without the need to have extra staff. Since I imagine one must be either a club member of their guest it shouldn't be to hard to monitor who uses the machine. Somehow I don't think trespassing to buy ammo would make for a good case. It also would be technically possible to tie in a age verification system that would require a DL swipe to buy ammo. They make machines that check age for bars and all but a couple of states had readable mag strips back when I was using them.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

I see 22LR is sold out...
III

PBratton
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PBratton »

EEllis wrote:
PBratton wrote:All it's going to take here is for the BATF to bring in an 18 year old and have him buy pistol rounds...
He is putting the machines in a local gun club which makes total sense. This would allow club members to buy ammo without the need to have extra staff. Since I imagine one must be either a club member of their guest it shouldn't be to hard to monitor who uses the machine. Somehow I don't think trespassing to buy ammo would make for a good case. It also would be technically possible to tie in a age verification system that would require a DL swipe to buy ammo. They make machines that check age for bars and all but a couple of states had readable mag strips back when I was using them.
All I'm saying is that I think he is on shaky ground.

Great idea, good implementation, not quite a mature product yet. Hope he has a good legal fund.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

Make it debit/credit card operated, maybe? On the other hand I can remember being under 21 and buying .22 ammo at Walmart and simply being asked if it was for a pistol or rifle. If the machine has a warning label on it then wouldn't that serve the same purpose?
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

CoffeeNut wrote:
Make it debit/credit card operated, maybe? On the other hand I can remember being under 21 and buying .22 ammo at Walmart and simply being asked if it was for a pistol or rifle. If the machine has a warning label on it then wouldn't that serve the same purpose?
Since it is in a facility where one must be a member and is not open to the public as long as the club has certain rules in effect I think they are in good shape.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

How about those that think this is a good idea offer to invest and help finance this opportunity.

I don't see it flying very long, high or far.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

What do the bags of bullets hit after they fall to the bottom. It may not hurt them, but I try not to drop my ammo boxes. I guess that typically only hurts the box.

Jason K
Banned

Post by Jason K »

Not if the vending machine is marked "Rifle Ammunition"..... :mrgreen:

CleverNickname

Post by CleverNickname »

It's only illegal for an FFL to sell pistol ammo to someone under 21. It's not illegal for a non-licensee to do so.

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

MechAg94 wrote:What do the bags of bullets hit after they fall to the bottom. It may not hurt them, but I try not to drop my ammo boxes. I guess that typically only hurts the box.
Typically vending machines similar to this have pads on the bottom to soften the fall. To me it wouldn't be something I worried about. Much less than a fall to the floor from a shelf in a store.

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

I used to know a place that sold beer in vending machines. This sounds like a similar gray area. I wish him luck but I wouldn't get involved as a partner or investor.
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

Return to “Off-Topic”