Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by C-dub »

This statement is curious. I wonder they knew in advance.
He also said police have been trying to work with management at Twin Peaks for several weeks but have been thwarted in their efforts to avoid a situation like happened Sunday afternoon.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

howdy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by howdy »

One article said there were 12 LEO's in the restaurant when the fight started. It said the LEO's shot the bad guys that pulled guns.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/tex ... ar-BBjTT5e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Taypo »

RPBrown wrote:
Taypo wrote:Yeah, bad juju out there.

The news forums are already full of the "Open Carry caused this" comments
I'm not hearing or seeing anything about OC on this story from Fox, abc or nbc local stations here.

This is a squabble between 2 or more 1% bike clubs. Most of those involved would not be eligible for a CHL
Go check out Fox4's Facebook page. Full of nuggets like "I bet they all had CHL's"

SkipB
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SkipB »

Twin Peaks in Waco is a big biker hang out. We never go there because of that. There have been a few altercations there between bikers and the Waco Police tried to work with the Twin Peaks manager but he refused to work with them and continued to allow the bikers to hang out there.The Central Texas Market Place is a large outlet mall with a lot of stores and restaurants there. The place is packed with shoppers on the weekends and it is very fortunate no innocent people wee injured.
Skip Bishop

Topic author
Kkpsiknl
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Kkpsiknl »

In response to the other thread about this shooting. I can not 100% say that this location is not posted 51%, however based on other locations I have been at they are not a 51% business.

ELB
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ELB »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... JY.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... the nine killed were all members of biker gangs.

Also:

“Apparently the management (of Twin Peaks) wanted them here and so we didn’t have any say-so on whether they could be here or not,” Sgt. Swanton said.

Kinda reminds me of the incident at the McDonalds in College Station. Lawsuits to follow, I'm sure.
Last edited by ELB on Sun May 17, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USAF 1982-2005

oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oohrah »

just to be completley accurate, Central Texas Market Place is not an "outlet mall".
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

SkipB
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SkipB »

Well oohrah i don't know how else to express it. Didn't mean to get you upset. Just trying to get some info out.
Skip Bishop

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 25

Post by treadlightly »

one should always pack.
True, that. Skew the ratio of bad guys with guns - whom we can't control - to good guys with level heads with guns.

Thank goodness the gang members were just interested in killing each other. That Cabela's in the background of some of the pictures is a favorite of mine, and I've bought handguns there. When we go to Waco, I like to wander through that store.

It would be interesting to know what kind of intel the police had. They were already there, from what I understand, with swat officers on standby. Who knows, there may have been undercover officers involved in the fracas.

Hell on earth. I hope there weren't any kids traumatized from exposure to the melee.

Topic author
Kkpsiknl
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Kkpsiknl »

I hope it is a peaceful night. Stay safe Waco

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/multi ... g/33072020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click 2 says police officers shot armed bikers. 12 officers were outside. 150 to 200 bikers were inside representing 5 gangs, they were discussing turf. Started in the bathroom moved to the restaurant and then moved to the parking lot.

I can't imagine the chain is very happy about this. I'm trying to figure out why the manager was doing this, maybe he only had good intentions and was trying to keep peace in his restaurant. Thus the timing, noon on Sunday.

Cjwglock19
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cjwglock19 »

ShootDontTalk wrote:Isn't it interesting that no major "news" network is even mentioning it?

Had it happened in Times Square we wouldn't hear the end of it for months. :biggrinjester:

It's headlined on Foxnews.com
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

- Clint Smith

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 12

Post by The Annoyed Man »

philip964 wrote:http://www.click2houston.com/news/multi ... g/33072020

Click 2 says police officers shot armed bikers. 12 officers were outside. 150 to 200 bikers were inside representing 5 gangs, they were discussing turf. Started in the bathroom moved to the restaurant and then moved to the parking lot.

I can't imagine the chain is very happy about this. I'm trying to figure out why the manager was doing this, maybe he only had good intentions and was trying to keep peace in his restaurant. Thus the timing, noon on Sunday.
The restaurant didn't want to cooperate with police requests to cancel the event. Now I know how Twin Peaks feels about customer safety.

I am happy to spend my money elsewhere.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syntyr »

Wow drove by this place on the way out of town at 11:00 am this morning, headed back to Houston. I was in Waco doing Tech Support for an elderly friend there. Ironically her husband worked for Waco PD before he passed last year.

Twin Peaks... Tilted Kilt... Hooters... There are reasons I don't visit places like this and I am glad that carries me forward to this day. I had a friend talk me into going to a Hooters once a long time ago. Worst hamburger I have ever attempted to eat.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 36

Post by ScooterSissy »

C-dub wrote:This statement is curious. I wonder they knew in advance.
He also said police have been trying to work with management at Twin Peaks for several weeks but have been thwarted in their efforts to avoid a situation like happened Sunday afternoon.
Trouble has been brewing for a few weeks between the two groups involved. Twin Peaks had been known for hosting a bike night, and allowing "colors" during the events. Both groups had been showing up regularly for the events wearing their colors. That's a bad mix, and often restaurants will post "no colors" signs, or take other steps to calm things down (which usually means fewer participants). The place was fairly new, I'm sure they weren't (previously) interested in doing anything that would cut down the number of customers.

200 bikers from "unfriendly" clubs, all wearing colors is a bad mix.

Return to “Off-Topic”