What's causing American obesity and cardiovascular disease?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 27

Re: What's causing American obesity and cardiovascular disease?

Post by mojo84 »

Reviving this old thread to say thanks to those that posted the information and resources regarding more recent nutritional information and studies. In a large part due to this thread, on August 27, I switch to a low carb high fat whole food diet. I eat no grains, rice, processed food and definitely no added sugar. I am down 47 pounds since August and 77 pounds from my highest.

The key that I was missing was the high fat and whole foods. I was always trying a low carb low fat diet. I would lose a little and then stall. Now I am losing and believe this way of eating is sustainable for the long term. I very seldom feel hungry and have no cravings. I plan to start a HIIT program soon and that should speed up the fat burning some.

Thanks!
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 1

Post by warnmar10 »

mojo84 wrote:Reviving this old thread to say thanks to those that posted the information and resources regarding more recent nutritional information and studies. In a large part due to this thread, on August 27, I switch to a low carb high fat whole food diet. I eat no grains, rice, processed food and definitely no added sugar. I am down 47 pounds since August and 77 pounds from my highest.

The key that I was missing was the high fat and whole foods. I was always trying a low carb low fat diet. I would lose a little and then stall. Now I am losing and believe this way of eating is sustainable for the long term. I very seldom feel hungry and have no cravings. I plan to start a HIIT program soon and that should speed up the fat burning some.

Thanks!
It makes grocery shopping a very simple matter too.

Lambda Force
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lambda Force »

warnmar10 wrote:It makes grocery shopping a very simple matter too.
:thumbs2: One big loop!
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Re: What's causing American obesity and cardiovascular disea

Post by mrvmax »

mrvmax wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:
mrvmax wrote:Your theory sounds good but there is no proof of your assertions from 10000 years ago. This thread is interesting but there are a million theories on eating and most theories have doctors tha will back them up.
Since the year 2000, PubMed lists over over 20,000 studies published on Paleo and low carb eating as compared to the current "standard American diet" as summarized by the USDA food pyramid. The scientific evidence is becoming overwhelming. . .
Sorry, I was posting from my phone so I did not explain. Nobody was around 10000 years ago so there is no data from that far back - it is all theory without evidence (and I think you can deduce that I do not believe the earth is millions of years old).
Oddly enough I started eating Paleo about 7 weeks ago. I forgot about this thread and started reading through it again, I actually started it since I was having some gall bladder issues (not that Paleo would correct it) and decided to try and do something to counteract all the health issues that run in my family. It was a bit hard to get used to the first week but after getting used to the recipes I think I can stay on this long term (when it comes to diets I have never stayed on one longer than about 6 months, every one I have tried are not realistic long term). I was already trying to lose weight before I started eating Paleo but I am down 35 pounds right now and the only exercise I get is lifting weights 2-3 times a week. I try to ride my bike a few times a week but time does not always allow that. At the 4 month mark I will get a physical and see what this has done with my blood work.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 27

Post by mojo84 »

Congrats mrvmax. Looks like you are headed in the right direction.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Recently I went back East for my 40th engineering class reunion and to a man, everyone was on prescription statins and anti-inflammatories.

You might wish to read this book. I have been following this regimen and have no need for prescription statins now, although recognize that natural occuring statins do carry a measure of risk as well. There is no perfect solution:

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Off-Topic”