Trump questions McCains bravery

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Trump questions McCains bravery

Post by philip964 »

baldeagle wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
DevilDawg wrote:All of this couldn't be scripted better by the Democrats/Liberals/etc. if they tried. This clown show is helping Hillary win. The GOP is on large a pack of self-serving idiots who can't put Country before self. Sadly we will yet once again get the "leadership" we deserve and watch our rights further be stripped away.
Agreed about the clown show but not sure what is meant by "our rights further stripped away". I see that mentioned on the forum and elsewhere every once in a while so I'm wondering what rights I'm losing. :confused5 It seems like gays have more rights, the poor have better health care, some illegals are still doing better, and the market is up. I'm not saying everything is rosy but at least we don't have Greece's problems (debt vs GDP-wise). Please enlighten me.
OK. Be glad to. In the 1920's you could buy a machinegun from a catalog, no questions asked. Now you have to fill out a bunch of forms, undergo an extensive background check and pay prohibitive taxes (all fees are really taxes) for the "right" to own one. Today, you can't legally dig a pond in your backyard without the government's permission. You can't buy a new toilet, a refrigerator, a washer or dryer, a car, and many other things without first having gotten the government's approval. There are thousands and thousands of laws and regulations that can trip you up and cost you your life savings and your freedom. Now, some politicians are trying to make speaking ill of favored groups a federal crime.

I could go on and on for hours, but if you really think you are as free as your ancestors were, maybe you need to pay closer attention to what's going on around you.
Gee thanks, now I feel terrible too. But if I had lived in the 20's I would have enjoyed getting my beer more than my machine gun which you mentioned first, apparently as most important. Remember prohibition? Remember Jim Crow laws?

Some of the regulations you resent conserve, keep us safer, set standards, and actually save us money in the long run. People that put cost over safety frequently end us costing us more in the long run.

In general, I'll gladly take the 2010s over the 1920s. Oh wait, now I feel better.
All those things you mention are nice, but they come at a steep cost - government control. What makes you think the marketplace wouldn't have come up with more efficient machines without government interference? What makes you think people wouldn't conserve without the government forcing them to? The problem you have is almost universal these days. You can't imagine doing "right" without the government mandating it. But that's not freedom. I wore a seatbelt before it was forced on us, because it made sense to do it. It still makes sense to do it, but now you can be arrested for not doing it.

You, like so many Americans these days, don't understand what freedom is.
Some time ago when my son 9 he was required to read Johnny Tremain by Ester Forbes. Walt Disney made it into a TV show back in the '50's, when I was a kid. I enjoyed it then and since it is a really thin book, I thought I would read it too. I would recommend, if you can get your hands on it, you should read it.

Johnny was truly free. I compared his life to mine and I was so surprised how different it was. His major concern in life was getting a rifle. I also looked at who I would be in the book. I decided that unlike Johnny, I would have decided to be a loyalist. I mean after all it was just this little tax. I was going to risk everything I had worked for in life and lose it over this little tax on tea. Its tough on your ego to realize you would have picked wrong. The book taught me a lot about myself and freedom. You should read it, see who you would be.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Its 1.98 on Amazon.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

o b juan wrote:From Dale Blanker""t at least we don't have Greece's problems (debt vs GDP-wise). Please enlighten me.

OK
our debt now stands @18.3 trillion

Our GDP Now stands @17.8 trillion

and today each taxpayer owes if I remember correctly 791,000 (Taxpayers)

What is greeces debt to gdp Dale ?

Go to google and type in U S Govt Debt there are some #s that wil make your guts cramp
Way low on actual debt, which includes unfunded liabilities and is now around $238 TRILLION. Anyone who thinks our economy is in good shape and our debt isn't bad is either not paying attention or delusional.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/niall-ferg ... -trillion/
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

dale blanker wrote:
o b juan wrote:From Dale Blanker""t at least we don't have Greece's problems (debt vs GDP-wise). Please enlighten me.

OK
our debt now stands @18.3 trillion

Our GDP Now stands @17.8 trillion

and today each taxpayer owes if I remember correctly 791,000 (Taxpayers)

What is greeces debt to gdp Dale ?

Go to google and type in U S Govt Debt there are some #s that wil make your guts cramp
Sure glad to, Obi Juan, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ernal_debt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Sorry our debt is worse than you thought, but you asked...

By the way, Greek unemployment rate is greater than 25% - I suspect Baldeagle would prefer the 30s (as well as the 20s) when our unemployment rate was like that. At least there was much greater freedom to starve. Go see "Grapes of Wrath" to get cheered up.
The official government unemployment rate is complete unadulterated hooey. Please.....the government has been playing games with the stats ever since Clinton. If you believe the 8% number or whatever is being claimed at the moment...contact me....I've got some great bridge investments in Brooklyn I'll hook you up with.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by VoiceofReason »

Trump.JPG
Trump.JPG (7.66 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
Donald Trump, the next president?
Last edited by VoiceofReason on Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

o b juan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by o b juan »

I knew about the UNfunded mandates that is what the 791,000 per tax payer (not Illegals, Welfare recepients, those4 on disability) is all about.

There is only How many tax payers at this time Maybe 90 million at this time I am guessing, out of 300,250,000
CHL Instructor since 95'/ School safety Since Jan 17' :patriot:

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

o b juan wrote:I knew about the UNfunded mandates that is what the 791,000 per tax payer (not Illegals, Welfare recepients, those4 on disability) is all about.

There is only How many tax payers at this time Maybe 90 million at this time I am guessing, out of 300,250,000
Well, the numbers vary within a range. I've seen that figure as high as $1.2 million PER PERSON. Here's one source: http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/20/why- ... abilities/ .....and based on only $127 Trillion....data is over two years old, latest numbers I've seen are all over $200 Trillion.
While $16.5 trillion of debt is clearly unsustainable, what is even more alarming is what we are not talking about: The fact that, in addition to the $16.5 trillion of debt we currently have, every man, woman, and child in America also is on the hook for nearly $400,000 in unfunded liabilities–or, over $1 million for every household.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

mojo84 wrote:I was wondering where the "third party" comment came from.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-d ... dacy/?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently now from Trump.

Anyone think Hillary will make a good president?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

philip964 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I was wondering where the "third party" comment came from.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-d ... dacy/?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apparently now from Trump.

Anyone think Hillary will make a good president?
Prophetic. At the time of our posts, I had it in the back of my mind he could do that. At the time, I didn't know if you were commenting based on a bunch or if you had seen of heard it from a reliable source.

My hope and expectation is that he wouldn't do that. I still hope he is bluffing. Surely he realizes that would be bad for the country. As egotistical as Trump is, I don't think he's as flaky as Perot.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Trump?

never heard of her.....
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

ghostrider wrote:Trump?

never heard of her.....
Maybe if I ignore her, she will go away.
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Trump is saying what is long overdue in being said. He is not a politician and that'll get my vote.

I have had enough PC and Bullfece from a do-nothing, chickenfece GOP majority. Enough is enough, somebody stand up to the current racist, muslim POTUS!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://conservativetribune.com/john-mcc ... 2015-07-24" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John McCain is making the news now. I have never heard a thing about any of this.

POW's not released by North VietNam? McCain keeping the information being released.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Right2Carry »

philip964 wrote:http://conservativetribune.com/john-mcc ... 2015-07-24

John McCain is making the news now. I have never heard a thing about any of this.

POW's not released by North VietNam? McCain keeping the information being released.

I really hope this story isn't true but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://newspunch.com/court-mccain-push ... EwiviYsBFs

McCain pushed fake Russian dossier to the FBI and left wing journalists.

Not sure of this source could be biased.

Boy going back and reading some of my old comments. I might have to walk back the Romney would have made an excellent President.

Return to “Off-Topic”