More proof that the eye test works flawlessly

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: More proof that the eye test works flawlessly

Post by Jusme »

Wolverine wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://www.click2houston.com/news/coupl ... s-in-court

River Oaks Veterinarian tried to hire a hit man with her boyfriend to kill both their ex's.

I guess all the Craig list ads for hit men are police officers too.
I wonder how they decided which Craigslist Hitman to use. Did they pick the lowest bidder?
Investigators said the couple offered to pay $20,000 and hand over two Cartier watches to have her ex-husband and his ex-girlfriend killed.

I guess people just don't keep up with current events. These murder for hire schemes always seem to end up with the buyer dealing with undercover police. Do they really think there are that many hit men out there just waiting on a phone call? I haven't seen any Craigslist ads for hit men, maybe I just haven't been looking in the right section. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Jusme wrote:
Wolverine wrote:

River Oaks Veterinarian tried to hire a hit man with her boyfriend to kill both their ex's.

I wonder how they decided which Craigslist Hitman to use. Did they pick the lowest bidder?
Investigators said the couple offered to pay $20,000 and hand over two Cartier watches to have her ex-husband and his ex-girlfriend killed.

I guess people just don't keep up with current events. These murder for hire schemes always seem to end up with the buyer dealing with undercover police. Do they really think there are that many hit men out there just waiting on a phone call? I haven't seen any Craigslist ads for hit men, maybe I just haven't been looking in the right section. :mrgreen:

I always thought it'd be a funny idea to hire 2 private investigators and have them follow each other. Perhaps Craigslist is the place to hire them. :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

That is awful..... that WOMAN (because she is not nor will she ever be a man) better be glad it didn't happen in Texas. There would have been gun drawn down on her. I carry to protect myself family and friends as well as if I can to stop mass shootings / murders.

Hoodasnacks

Post by Hoodasnacks »

joe817 wrote:
Abraham wrote:There's no humor in this tragedy.
^^^ This. :iagree:

I agree that this isn't funny. That said, I do not know why I am laughing so hard.

It's like when you get mad at your kids and laugh at the same time. I'm so confused.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 24

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/homel ... police-say

Woman on the right definitely crazy.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/3-ki ... icials-say

RIP to the poor people who had the misfortune to know this man.

At some point when does a judge go, hey this guy is going to kill somebody. Maybe he should stay in jail.

allisji

Post by allisji »

While it can be easy to look at pictures and mugshots and suggest that someone looks wacky, I don't think that it's as simple as saying that you would never sell someone a gun based on whether or not you perceive them to look crazy or unstable.

I don't work at a gun shop, I'm not a firearms dealer and I haven't ever posted a gun for sale in any public way. But I would think that if you are in that business that you would try to talk to someone about what is the gun for, how much do you shoot, how/when did you get into shooting, etc. I'd guess that working at a gun store that you easily could see dozens of customers a day who are unfamiliar, look different from the typical customer, and maybe throw up some red flags until you get them talking about guns and then they just turn into another gun/shooting enthusiast, hunter, or whatever the case may be.

I know that we've heard stories about people who have been turned denied a gun sale because the clerk "didn't get a good feeling" about the person, and I'm sure that happens fairly regularly, however I'd guess that most people who may initially not pass the eye test end up being just fine after they are able to make a talk about why they are interested in buying the gun.

That said, I'm interested in the process for a gun store clerk, etc, to deny someone based on "bad feelings" about that person. I would assume that the easy way would be that you run the background check, and come back and say that they were denied or that you say that the NICS system is down. Or do you just say "Sorry but I'm not going to sell you the gun."
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

ELB

Post by ELB »

Update on this post:

Recall that a Houston female veterinary doctor and her unlicensed medical doctor boyfriend were arrested for hiring a hitman to kill their respective ex-spouses. The hitman turned out to be an undercover HPD officer who secretly recorded his discussions with them. The cops also staged the hits by getting the would-be victims to pose as if dead. Both docs were arrested.

She committed suicide exactly one year ago today (27 Mar 18). Her boyfriend was just convicted and sentenced to life in prison for his role.
USAF 1982-2005

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

lol... craigslist to hire a hitman.... sad...
NRA Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/bath ... police-say

Been a real long time since I dated. If you don't like 65,000 text messages and "bathe in your blood" desires, I guess this lady would be a nightmare.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

Not a dude?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

Barry Larry Terry possession of a live raccoon and no light on bicycle. More proof.

Made small police department famous overnight.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Wolverine wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:47 pm

River Oaks...? Well, money don't buy smarts... :eek6
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

jason812
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jason812 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:50 am http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

Barry Larry Terry possession of a live raccoon and no light on bicycle. More proof.

Made small police department famous overnight.
Was this dude acquitted of a hanging as he was being hung? Also, looks like the raccoon might not have wanted to be in his possession.

Read the article though. The mugshot was real, the name and arrest story were made up as a joke.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Off-Topic”