Nerdy 14 year old brings homemade clock to school and is arrested

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Nerdy 14 year old brings homemade clock to school and is arrested

Post by ScottDLS »

I still think you're all giving Ahmed too much credit. Don't believe he's some super secret deep infiltration agent sent by IS. I think he might have been put up to it to try to give an excuse to cry about prejudice in Irving. If someone's really trying to make a bomb, they don't borrow the specs from Wiley Coyote and then point the device out to any and all that will look. :???:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Taypo »

Oh, I'm under no illusions that he's anything but the child of an instigator. At 14, he's already learned how to play the race card and get what he wants.

My anger is directed at the media and the people who continue to insist he was just trying to build a clock.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 22

Post by VMI77 »

ScottDLS wrote:I still think you're all giving Ahmed too much credit. Don't believe he's some super secret deep infiltration agent sent by IS. I think he might have been put up to it to try to give an excuse to cry about prejudice in Irving. If someone's really trying to make a bomb, they don't borrow the specs from Wiley Coyote and then point the device out to any and all that will look. :???:
I now think that is probably the case....this may be a Texans/whites/southerners are racist and xenophobic anti-white pro-immigration exercise.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oohrah »

This kid is just like me when I was 14, got my ham radio license and had a workshop in the garage with all my electronics stuff. These conspiracy theories are a crock.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

oohrah wrote:This kid is just like me when I was 14, got my ham radio license and had a workshop in the garage with all my electronics stuff. These conspiracy theories are a crock.
Except he didn't do any work except taking an old clock apart. He didn't make, create, or build anything. What he did was actually more "destructive" than "constructive." So either he did what he did to falsely get credit for something he didn't do or there was some other motive. What is your guess as to his motive?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Taypo »

oohrah wrote:This kid is just like me when I was 14, got my ham radio license and had a workshop in the garage with all my electronics stuff. These conspiracy theories are a crock.
If your father was a noted Muslim political activist, your sister had been suspended from school from threatening to blow it up and you rearranged your HAM radio set to make it a countdown clock then I'm sure you're right. Good thing you grew up in a different time.

goose
Posts in topic: 12

Post by goose »

Taypo wrote: your sister had been suspended from school from threatening to blow it up
Fox News hasn't mentioned this. They are slowly becoming mainstream media.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

goose wrote:
Taypo wrote: your sister had been suspended from school from threatening to blow it up
Fox News hasn't mentioned this. They are slowly becoming mainstream media.
They're already there.....they joined up on RNC orders to take down Trump. I'm still waiting for their McConnell and Boehner take downs. "rlol"
Last edited by VMI77 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

They've given Trump free exposure that others would have to pay millions to get.

Where is this about the kid's sister and father. I've suspected more to the story but haven't seen that yet.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:They've given Trump free exposure that others would have to pay millions to get.

Where is this about the kid's sister and father. I've suspected more to the story but haven't seen that yet.
That may be true, but for the most part, it was intended to be negative exposure to reduce his popularity and has backfired.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 6

Post by mrvmax »

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 30

Post by philip964 »

mojo84 wrote:They've given Trump free exposure that others would have to pay millions to get.

The sister is starting to play a bigger role in this.

The first I heard of her was from Mark Cuban. He apparently called the boy after he heard about it. As he was talking to the boy he kept hearing the sister telling him what to say.

Then we heard she had been suspended while in junior high for some to do with a bomb threat. No one can talk about it as the parents refused to sign a release.

Then today I heard on the radio that she was at the school and asked the police to rehandcuff her brother so she could take a picture. They apparently complied. This is how that photo entered social media. I always wondered how these photos ended up on the internet. Also apparently her father was also there at school when the photo was taken. They have apparently received $10,000 from their gofundme type account.

All beginning to seem suspicious.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 30

Post by philip964 »

I hope they did not disturb the disassembled countdown clock device.

It would be interesting if there were the sister's fingerprints on the inside.

That could certainly become a hoax bomb charge against the sister.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:Then today I heard on the radio that she was at the school and asked the police to rehandcuff her brother so she could take a picture. They apparently complied. This is how that photo entered social media. I always wondered how these photos ended up on the internet. Also apparently her father was also there at school when the photo was taken. They have apparently received $10,000 from their gofundme type account.

All beginning to seem suspicious.

I have to admit skepticism about that. If true then the cops were either extremely stupid or in on whatever scheme was afoot.

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Topbuilder »

Taypo wrote:Oh, I'm under no illusions that he's anything but the child of an instigator. At 14, he's already learned how to play the race card and get what he wants.

My anger is directed at the media and the people who continue to insist he was just trying to build a clock.
I read this thread after some details came out. I had the benefit of knowing more than the posters knew when they made early comments. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed at how many people nowadays make a full rush to judgment before any facts are out.
The following are words that I never thought I would utter - I agree with Bill Maher on this subject. :confused5
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

Return to “Off-Topic”