Nerdy 14 year old brings homemade clock to school and is arrested

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 30

Re: Nerdy 14 year old brings homemade clock to school and is arrested

Post by philip964 »

ShootDontTalk wrote:I wonder if the whole thing was staged precisely to get the kind of reaction they got: getting invited by the apologist-in-charge to bring a "device" into the White House?" You think after all the reaction to "Islamaphobia" that the Secret Service would check very carefully?

Sun Tzu said, "Avoid strength, attack weakness." The weakness of our politically correct nation is not only that wrong is right and right is wrong, but that stupidity is a virtue.

(I'll get it right sooner or later)
:iagree: and to work in a quote by Sun Tzu is just awesome.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

It's all about soliciting a response so more racial contention can be created and exploited.

Partially disassembling a clock and putting it in a briefcase where explosives could easily be added to the retrofitted clock/timer device is nothing but race and bigotry baiting and it worked. Obama is not about to miss the opportunity to further the divide.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I have to admit that I have not read all 13 pages of posts in this thread, so someone may have already posted my thoughts.

A lot more information has come out about this "clock" and I'm starting to think there could well be more to it than a kid making a clock. Why make it in a suitcase? There is some talk that he didn't make it at all; that it was a store-bought clock and he simply removed the cover and put it in a briefcase.

This could be as innocent as most people believed initially, or it could be a practice run for something else. The kid's father makes it even more suspicious.

Chas.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Right2Carry »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I have to admit that I have not read all 13 pages of posts in this thread, so someone may have already posted my thoughts.

A lot more information has come out about this "clock" and I'm starting to think there could well be more to it than a kid making a clock. Why make it in a suitcase? There is some talk that he didn't make it at all; that it was a store-bought clock and he simply removed the cover and put it in a briefcase.

This could be as innocent as most people believed initially, or it could be a practice run for something else. The kid's father makes it even more suspicious.

Chas.
I have a 13 year old and each year the school district makes us and him sign a form stating we have read the rules and understand them. Any parent knows this is not a device you bring to school.

Try walking that thing through an Airport and see what happens. His father is up to something but I am not sure what at this point.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jimlongley »

IED1.png
Here's an actual xray pic of a bag with an IED in it. Yes, it is a briefcase, somewhat larger than Ahmed the bomber's little thing with the clock in it, but serves to demonstrate. The explosive in the bag is a flat sheet just thick enough to anchor the detonator, but in Ahmed the bomber's bag that is the only part that is visually missing, and we can't see what's in the top behind the clock display.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I have to admit that I have not read all 13 pages of posts in this thread, so someone may have already posted my thoughts.

Chas.
What is so maddening is that Social Justice, Inc. seizes the story so quickly (i.e. "Hands up Don't Shoot") and hands off to the mainstream media and the White House so quickly that people are brainwashed to the cause in an instant before the facts start to come out. Try to find a social justice warrior admit that Mike Brown was a bully who stole from and attacked a clerk just before his encounter with Officer Wilson.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

An electrical and computer engineer analysed the photograph of the "clock"

Apparently he did not take apart an ordinary clock but took apart a countdown clock, whose sole purpose is to act as a timer and count down to zero.

I did not realize this but he cut a hole in the briefcase (the hole is covered by the blank brown rectangle that you see in the photo, you are looking at the back of the digital readout) so that the countdown clocks digital readout was the only thing visible from the outside.

Imagine if this item was in his carry on luggage at the airport.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

VMI77
Posts in topic: 22

Post by VMI77 »

jimlongley wrote:
VMI77 wrote: . . .
As to the red...I already gave my answer in a previous post: putting the disassembled clock in something other than the original enclosure makes it look "homemade." His motive was probably to claim he created something when he actually did not. The case is 8"x5.5"x2"....pretty small...and he didn't add anything that looks like explosive material which would be easy to do. Another reason for the case is to carry the disassembled parts.....how else could he transport his "invention" except in some kind of box? . . .
But he didn't just transport his magnificent invention in the case, he assembled it in it. And from the pictures the case could hold enough explosive, in the form of a sheet concealed under the foam, to yield about 700 volumes of gas at 8000+ meters per second. As seen over Lockerby that would be quite enough to take down a plane, and it could do a pretty nasty job on a classroom.
It looked like just loose components to me in the photo but later in the thread someone says that the timer was outside the case with the ribbon cable leading inside. If that's the case it changes my interpretation as I alluded to in a previous post when I said if someone wanted to make it look like a bomb they'd put the clock/timer on the outside.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 13

Post by jimlongley »

VMI77 wrote:
jimlongley wrote:
VMI77 wrote: . . .
As to the red...I already gave my answer in a previous post: putting the disassembled clock in something other than the original enclosure makes it look "homemade." His motive was probably to claim he created something when he actually did not. The case is 8"x5.5"x2"....pretty small...and he didn't add anything that looks like explosive material which would be easy to do. Another reason for the case is to carry the disassembled parts.....how else could he transport his "invention" except in some kind of box? . . .
But he didn't just transport his magnificent invention in the case, he assembled it in it. And from the pictures the case could hold enough explosive, in the form of a sheet concealed under the foam, to yield about 700 volumes of gas at 8000+ meters per second. As seen over Lockerby that would be quite enough to take down a plane, and it could do a pretty nasty job on a classroom.
It looked like just loose components to me in the photo but later in the thread someone says that the timer was outside the case with the ribbon cable leading inside. If that's the case it changes my interpretation as I alluded to in a previous post when I said if someone wanted to make it look like a bomb they'd put the clock/timer on the outside.
Notice that the display is bolted in place. Since the ribbon cable attaching the logic and power supply board to the display is relatively inflexible, the display is really the only part that needs to be attached.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://irvingblog.dallasnews.com/2015/0 ... ecca.html/

The teenager is visiting Google headquarters, his father is pulling his kids out of IISD, then off to the UN, Mecca, then to see Obama.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/da ... /72647922/

Irving Mayor on the Glen Beck Show ( not exactly neutral territory) said that the parents will not sign a release to allow the police to release their files to the public as he is a juvenile. Thus the public is only getting one side of the story. She felt that the President's tweet "cool clock" was made before the photo of the digital countdown device was made public.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

Chas.
I do not trust nor believe them. Like Chas., I suspect it was a dry run leading ultimately to the mini-muslim's trip to paradise.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Oldgringo wrote:

Chas.
I do not trust nor believe them. Like Chas., I suspect it was a dry run leading ultimately to the mini-muslim's trip to paradise.
As many other recent veterans on this forum can attest, we received recurring training on many subjects. One of those subjects included a presentation called "Anti-Terrorism Level I". Because of that training, it led me to believe that this very likely could have been a probe to test local responses of the school and the police. The intention may be to simply gather information on what would happen in an area perhaps considered "hostile" to terrorist organizations/objectives.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

K.Mooneyham wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:

Chas.
As many other recent veterans on this forum can attest, we received recurring training on many subjects. One of those subjects included a presentation called "Anti-Terrorism Level I". Because of that training, it led me to believe that this very likely could have been a probe to test local responses of the school and the police. The intention may be to simply gather information on what would happen in an area perhaps considered "hostile" to terrorist organizations/objectives.
It may be interesting for us regular citizens to take the "Level 1 Anti-Terrorism" course. http://jko.jten.mil/courses/atl1/launch.html
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 22

Post by VMI77 »

"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Off-Topic”