Grapevine mills mall gun friendly 1/1/16?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 2

Grapevine mills mall gun friendly 1/1/16?

Post by Richbirdhunter »

As many of you know I don't like to shop where I'm not legally allowed to carry. Grapevine mills mall is one of those places. However my darling wife insisted on going there to buy a few things. (In my house Christmas is superior to the constitution) "rlol"

To my point, we entered though Saks 5th Ave. The entrance to this store is not posted. We did our shopping and left.

I called Grapevine PD and asked about it and his response was surprising. The officer stated as of 1/1/16 all 30.06 signs will be coming down! The mall will ask OCers to cover up or leave.

If this is true, it's a great day!!!
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Nuts
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Grapevine mills mall gun friendly 1/1/16?

Post by Nuts »

That will mean that legoland isn't off limits to my son anymore. I can feel my wallet getting lighter already.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Interesting. If accurate, this is quite good news. I avoid shopping there as much as possible because of their 30.06 policy. I guess they were going to have to change the wording on their signs and possibly add 30.07 after 1/1. Maybe they just decided not worth the effort. Though I have been told that the "Mills" mall real estate company is anti-carry.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Wait till we see it. On the other hand. I have been there once or twice and that includes the time we need to get my Lego addicted son to LEGOLAND (Now he is addicted to Minecraft). Anyways, regardless if there is sign or no sign, the pace was super crowded and the exits are far away for any emergencies. I felt like I am in death trap. I never went back since then.
Last edited by Beiruty on Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

TVegas

Post by TVegas »

ScottDLS wrote:Though I have been told that the "Mills" mall real estate company is anti-carry.
I think that's accurate. The Concord Mills Mall outside Charlotte, NC is also posted. I'll be traveling there for Christmas, and that mall is the only location I have seen there that bars carrying.
:txflag: Thanks and Gig 'em! :thumbs2:

Abelinkkin

Post by Abelinkkin »

Just left Grapevine Mills. They indeed did remove the signs from what I saw. There was a big mark on the wall where you could tell they used to be.

Topic author
Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Abelinkkin wrote:Just left Grapevine Mills. They indeed did remove the signs from what I saw. There was a big mark on the wall where you could tell they used to be.
That's fantastic!!! Thank you for the update
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I wonder if the removal of a 30.06 sign will get as much attention as the addition of a 30.06 has at some locations.

If we are going to make a big deal about how the open carry law has caused more 30.06 signs, let's be sure to acknowledge when it gets some removed.

Glad to see this thread.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mdubtx

Post by mdubtx »

Thank you for the update! I don't know how many times I jumped on the forum to look for status and ended up digging into the other posts.

I guess I still don't want to take the girls there! LOL

But, at least it's an option. Great news for these parts.
May we never haver to draw but always be prepared.
:patriot: :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Member / TSRA Family Membership

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

This is good news! I hope Katy Mills does/has done the same.

IMO, If the Mills Malls have removed their 30.06 signs, we need to make it a point to patronize these facilities as a reward just the same as we have always avoided these facilities in the past.

Admittedly, my "boycott" of Katy Mills mall (owned by the same folks) isn't much of a boycott--I live in NW Houston, and it's quite a drive to Katy Mills...essentially I've refused to shop somewhere I wasn't likely to go anyway.

BUT...if I'm in the area (Grapevine OR Katy) and need to go to a mall, I'll be willing to go a little out of the way to patronize them.

And I agree, any place that eliminates restrictions in light of the new laws needs to be shouted from the mountaintops.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

I am sure MDA will be posting new signs as soon as they find out.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

jt88

Post by jt88 »

What a shocking turn of events. If this is true, I think I'll be visiting the mall for the first time in 3-4 years. Last time I was there, it wasn't very exciting. The shopping mall is a dying thing. Maybe they're just realizing that it's a bad idea to forbid law-abiding customers from their outdated business format.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I know it's an old post but my first time going in GVM since forever I think. Had to bring grand daughter and my wife shopping for a formal (yeehaw).
No signs that I have seen anywhere. If there were we would go elsewhere. I wouldn't be in here unarmed. This place has become an outlet mall it seems. Worse people than Walmart
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

GVM is a part of the Simon Property Group. They have many outlet malls in several countries. What bearing that has on signage is anyone's guess.

Return to “Off-Topic”