GRB conv center posted for Hou Marathon

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Texas_Blaze
Posts in topic: 4

GRB conv center posted for Hou Marathon

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Went to pick up my wife's bib. GRB is posted on the expo floor. Both 30.06 & 30.07
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: GRB conv center posted for Hou Marathon

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Texas_Blaze wrote:Went to pick up my wife's bib. GRB is posted on the expo floor. Both 30.06 & 30.07
Did you take photos? We need to do so and serve the required notice even though the signs will be down within the 3 day period to cure. I can use this data in the 2017 legislative session.

Thanks,
Chas.

Topic author
Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

I have photos. Will put soon
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Topic author
Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Two signs but my wife only snapped the 30.06. The sign next to it is the 30.07. These are placed on the ground in front of the escalator as you enter the expo hall
Attachments
image.jpeg

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

I saw that, but didn't have a chance to snap photos.
How did your wife do?
NRA lifetime member

allisji
Posts in topic: 6

Post by allisji »

I saw them too. It's a long walk back from the third floor of GRB back to the car to disarm.

There's a very nice police presence at the marathon expo, but no one guarding my car parked on the street...
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Why disarm if you are CC'ing?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

allisji

Post by allisji »

I feel no need to answer that question.
:txflag:
ScottDLS wrote:Why disarm if you are CC'ing?
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

denwego
Posts in topic: 2

Post by denwego »

It comes to mind - 30.06/30.07 signs are kosher on government property if it's an otherwise prohibited location. If the GBB was being used in connection with the Houston Marathon, it would be prohibited under §46.035: the marathon is a professional sporting event, as professional runners are competing for cash prizes. The vast herd of urban joggers may be doing it for giggles, but that doesn't make it any less a professional sporting event, ultimately.

stealthfightrf17

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

So, it may just be that it is a photo. That looks like 8.5X11 paper, can't be the right size lettering if it is

allisji

Post by allisji »

Except that we're talking about the Expo which occurs the two days before the actual event. This is when runners pick up their bibs and vendors sell merchandise at their booths open to the general public.
denwego wrote:It comes to mind - 30.06/30.07 signs are kosher on government property if it's an otherwise prohibited location. If the GBB was being used in connection with the Houston Marathon, it would be prohibited under §46.035: the marathon is a professional sporting event, as professional runners are competing for cash prizes. The vast herd of urban joggers may be doing it for giggles, but that doesn't make it any less a professional sporting event, ultimately.
LTC since 2015

allisji

Post by allisji »

stealthfightrf17 wrote:So, it may just be that it is a photo. That looks like 8.5X11 paper, can't be the right size lettering if it is
It was a rather enormous poster. Hard to miss for anyone who might be looking for it.
LTC since 2015

allisji

Post by allisji »

stealthfightrf17 wrote:So, it may just be that it is a photo. That looks like 8.5X11 paper, can't be the right size lettering if it is
I can see from the picture how you might say that. The signs that I saw on Saturday at the top of the escalators were huge. they may have gotten bigger signs between Friday morning and Saturday morning.
LTC since 2015

denwego
Posts in topic: 2

Post by denwego »

allisji wrote:Except that we're talking about the Expo which occurs the two days before the actual event. This is when runners pick up their bibs and vendors sell merchandise at their booths open to the general public.
denwego wrote:It comes to mind - 30.06/30.07 signs are kosher on government property if it's an otherwise prohibited location. If the GBB was being used in connection with the Houston Marathon, it would be prohibited under §46.035: the marathon is a professional sporting event, as professional runners are competing for cash prizes. The vast herd of urban joggers may be doing it for giggles, but that doesn't make it any less a professional sporting event, ultimately.
I see why you'd argue that, but I'd still be wary myself at that point. Texas_Blaze said he was going to pick up his wife's bib, which is directly related to the marathon, and therefore part of a professional sporting event. And the Expo is sponsored and organized by the marathon, so the vendor area is part of a professional sporting event in my eyes. I don't like that fact, but I can't logic my way around it.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

denwego wrote:
allisji wrote:Except that we're talking about the Expo which occurs the two days before the actual event. This is when runners pick up their bibs and vendors sell merchandise at their booths open to the general public.
I see why you'd argue that, but I'd still be wary myself at that point. Texas_Blaze said he was going to pick up his wife's bib, which is directly related to the marathon, and therefore part of a professional sporting event. And the Expo is sponsored and organized by the marathon, so the vendor area is part of a professional sporting event in my eyes. I don't like that fact, but I can't logic my way around it.
The marathon is not TAKING PLACE where they hand out bibs two days before the event. And actually where it is taking place will not be a premises under 46.035 (the streets of Houston)...so you will be free to carry outside during the marathon.

PC §46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
(b) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
(2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event;
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Off-Topic”