If You Walk Up On A Post Painted Purple… You Should Get Away Immediately

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: If You Walk Up On A Post Painted Purple… You Should Get Away Immediately

Post by Keith B »

So, what if they use fuchsia paint instead of purple? Is it a illegal and do you ignore it? Maybe they are just giving you the 'wink wink' about trespassing and really don't care if you do?? :evil2:

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

fickman

Post by fickman »

Cn we submit purple stripes to Texas3006.com??
Native Texian

WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WildBill »

Keith B wrote:So, what if they use fuchsia paint instead of purple? Is it a illegal and do you ignore it? Maybe they are just giving you the 'wink wink' about trespassing and really don't care if you do?? :evil2:

It is legal only if it contrasts with the color of the tree. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

WildBill wrote:
Keith B wrote:So, what if they use fuchsia paint instead of purple? Is it a illegal and do you ignore it? Maybe they are just giving you the 'wink wink' about trespassing and really don't care if you do?? :evil2:

I would expect it would also depend on the species of tree. Fuchsia would go well with a mimosa tree, maybe a pink crepe myrtle.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

anygunanywhere wrote:
WildBill wrote:
I would expect it would also depend on the species of tree. Fuchsia would go well with a mimosa tree, maybe a pink crepe myrtle.
And if you want to spread a touch of good taste, maybe a little Grey Poupon. ;-)

NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Russell wrote:
fickman wrote:Cn we submit purple stripes to Texas3006.com??

I'll register texaspurplestripes.com and get right on the site for that :biggrinjester:
Do you have an app for that? :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

loktite

Post by loktite »

Careful WildBill! He's bound to come out guns blazin on that one! :smash: :fire
NRA Endowment Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

That's just wrong!! We all know we should honor the intent of the property owner. ;-) :cheers2:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 3

Post by wheelgun1958 »

anygunanywhere wrote:Last year I had two small bunches of rare white bluebonnets amongst all of the regular ones. The odds are around 270 million to 1 for these mutations to occur. I came home one Sunday from Mass and there was a car parked on my property with three young adults standing in my bluebonnets.

I pulled my truck over in front of their car, got out and walked up to them. I asked them what they were doing. They were photographing my white bluebonnets. I asked them who they were and they told me they were the grandchildren of the man I bought the property from. I asked them why they did not ask permission before trespassing on my property. I reminded them that prior family ownership does not remain once deed has passed to new owner. I also commented on their walking on my flowers while photographing the rare ones.

There is little respect left in the world.
You wouldn't happen to live in Ellis co. would you?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

wheelgun1958 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Last year I had two small bunches of rare white bluebonnets amongst all of the regular ones. The odds are around 270 million to 1 for these mutations to occur. I came home one Sunday from Mass and there was a car parked on my property with three young adults standing in my bluebonnets.

I pulled my truck over in front of their car, got out and walked up to them. I asked them what they were doing. They were photographing my white bluebonnets. I asked them who they were and they told me they were the grandchildren of the man I bought the property from. I asked them why they did not ask permission before trespassing on my property. I reminded them that prior family ownership does not remain once deed has passed to new owner. I also commented on their walking on my flowers while photographing the rare ones.

Nope, Fayette. Why?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 3

Post by wheelgun1958 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
wheelgun1958 wrote:

Nope, Fayette. Why?
Here in Ellis co. we have the annual bluebonnet trail bringing obnoxious tourist out of the woodwork.

BTW when are we going to start seeing the maroon ones again?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

wheelgun1958 wrote:
Here in Ellis co. we have the annual bluebonnet trail bringing obnoxious tourist out of the woodwork.
You have my sympathy.

We are in a subdivision off TX 159. You have to get off the highway to find our place. I think people spread the word about the bluebonnets around here.

This year should be a great show. We planted 10 pounds of bluebonnet seeds to connect the patches we always have to see if we can get one long spread of bluebonnets across the property. We also spread 2 pounds of indian paintbrush seed on our property. Those things are tiny. Looking forward to spring.

A little rain would be nice. The bluebonnets are already about 2" high.

ske1eter

Post by ske1eter »

Wow, never heard of this one before. interesting.

Sig Texas

Post by Sig Texas »

I grew up in the country and have always known about this. I was surprised, but my LTC instructor covered this in class.
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.” - Mark Twain

Return to “Off-Topic”