Ted Cruz A Texas

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 42

Re: Ted Cruz A Texas

Post by mojo84 »

Here is an interesting book review which provides some insight in the junk the dems will be bringing up about Trump. He brings a lot of baggage to the table and is going to end up being quite the liability for the Republicans. Historically, he has been much more closely aligned with the dems.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v37/n20/deborah-fr ... tycooniest
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

dale blanker wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
J.R.@A&M wrote:Peace to everybody this fine day.
And peace be upon you too.

I am at church at the moment, not in the service (I just came off stage a few minutes ago) but in the sound booth, and I just heard my pastor quote Confucious just now.....which at my Baptist church made my ears perk up. Confucious said "The superior man understands what's right. The inferior man understands what sells." Sadly, the leading republican candidate is best described as an inferior man. How can that be, in the allegedly more morally grounded party, unless the largest plurality of its voters are more willing to buy from the inferior man than to consider the superior man? That predicament describes not only a party that has thoroughly lost its way, but also how shallow the depths of a significant chunk of its voting base.
Yes, but why is the salesman more respected than the intellectual? It almost appears that evolution is reversing itself in the US and human intelligence is actually declining rather than increasing as it should be. It does seem like dementia is increasing too. OR maybe ISIS is using undectectable psychotic drugs in our water or food supply... :confused5
The party of conservative giants like William F. Buckley and Milton Friedman is long gone. But even Buckley himself said way back in 1959 that conservatives were "bound together for the most part by negative response to liberalism". He also said that, philosophically, "there [is] no commonly-acknowledged conservative position." (source)

It seems to me that the left has always been about pushing the whole social/political/economic package in one direction; and the right, rather than pushing the package back in the other direction, mostly just resists its being dragged further leftward. The result is that when the left is in control, the package gets dragged left rapidly, and when the right is in charge, the package gets dragged leftward more slowly. But it is never in stasis, and it is never moving rightward, only leftward. That's why compromise is a shamelessly stupid word when bandied about by leftists. They never really mean it. And conservatives don't have the spine to point it out and call the left the fecal descriptives they deserve and play the same kind of hardball the left excels at.

I don't want to be any part of that any longer, so I'm stepping off the bus.

BTW, my wife saw this on Facebook today, and I thought it was funny:
trumpiskanye.jpg
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baldeagle »

Like TAM, I am done with both parties. Let them and the country rot. That seems to be what Americans want. On the right, the leading candidate is a pathological liar and a scam artist and yet he's very popular with many voters. On the left you have a pathological liar who is a detestable person and could care less about the Constitution. So America seems to be making its choices, and the decline and the destruction of the country will continue. But it will continue without me. Ted Cruz is by far the finest candidate I've seen in my lifetime. Yet people complain about his looks, his voice, his expressions of his beliefs, and a thousand other excuses. The voters are vapid and and make their decisions based on everything else but the Constitution. FIne, but don't expect me to go along with it. And if I've insulted anyone, too bad. I am miles and miles away from giving a single hoot what anything thinks of me and thoroughly disgusted with the American people. They are surrounded with the greatest freedom mankind has ever known and not only do they not care, they are actively working to destroy it.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Right2Carry »

If Cruz does not get the nomination and Trump does I will sit out this election. I will not vote for the carnival barker EVER! He just happens to be the biggest RINO OF ALL.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by flintknapper »

Beyond that, I am particularly motivated by the SCOTUS and Commander-in-Chief implications for the next four years. (Those decisions will, of course, last a lot longer than the administration that makes them.) To that end, I am willing to vote for the most electable, most conservative primary candidate with all the compromises that implies. And it means I will vote for the GOP nominee in the general election.
^^^^^^^ My position as well.

The person I would most like to be our next president...may not be the nominee. So what! ANY of the candidates will be better for the country than Hillary!

So everyone here and everyone committed to winning this election had better get their butts out there and VOTE for the GOP nominee.

All this pissing back and forth is worthless. In the end there will be ONE GOP nominee and there will be Hillary. Votes will be cast and the person with the greater voter turnout will win. Simple as that.

Now...one more thing to think about: Would you rather see Melania Trump as First Lady or Bill Clinton? Get out and vote!
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

XnTx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XnTx »

I am for any R, real or imaginary, against Hillary. Our country is halfway down the slippery slope. If Hillary wins our country is gone. I am willing to blow up the republican party and possibly the country in the process as I feel I have nothing to lose. I don't think anything Trump could do will be as bad as anything Barry has done or Hillary wants. If Trump is the eventual nominee I would hope all the Rs would suck it up and turnout to vote for him. Staying home in protest or relaunching Romney is a guaranteed Hillary win. Imagine that.
CHL - 9/22/11
NRA Life Member - 12/12/15
XDS .45 or P380

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

To bring in the gun aspect of this. Whether it's Trump, Rubio, or Cruz (not really a fan of any of them) it will not be an easy race against Hillary. She stands a fair chance at actually winning the Presidency (God forbid). Ammo right now is cheap and available so GO GET IT! We all remember what happened last time and no matter how much you had you still wished during the shortage you had some more. Don't be in that place again. If it even looks like Hillery is going to win there is going to be a rush stating as early as September.

A couple extra mag's might not be a bad bet either. People were selling glock 19 mags online for $100+ each during that time and people were buying them!

Seriously get some ammo for the guns you have. The current Idiot in Chief has been in for 7 years and I still get excited when I'm able to actually buy a brick of 22lr.

Oh and don't forget reloading stuff too.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I voted for Cruz before I got on an airplane on Friday...
I debated voting against HRC in the D primary, and I debated voting for Rubio, because the weight of the party seems to be swinging in that direction and ousting Trump would be preferred. In the end, I decided to for FOR a candidate rather than against.

I hope things go well for Mr Cruz on Tuesday. I'll be watching from afar. :patriot: :txflag:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 3

Post by J.R.@A&M »

RoyGBiv wrote:I voted for Cruz before I got on an airplane on Friday...
I debated voting against HRC in the D primary, and I debated voting for Rubio, because the weight of the party seems to be swinging in that direction and ousting Trump would be preferred. In the end, I decided to for FOR a candidate rather than against.

I hope things go well for Mr Cruz on Tuesday. I'll be watching from afar. :patriot: :txflag:
I am voting on Tuesday and am having all of those same inner debates.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Very disappointed to see this. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... rally.html

I thought Sessions had more sense than this.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man

mojo84 wrote:Very disappointed to see this. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... rally.html

I thought Sessions had more sense than this.
Exactly in line with the things I've been saying in this thread about the republican party.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawk ... /page/full

If the Don ends up being your nominee, getting him elected isn't going to be any better than electing Hillary. Republicans need to start thinking about an exit strategy from his campaign, broker the convention, and get themselves a viable nominee. I mean, if I cared, that's what I would do.

#TINVOWOOT

parabelum
Posts in topic: 38

Post by parabelum »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawk ... /page/full

If the Don ends up being your nominee, getting him elected isn't going to be any better than electing Hillary. Republicans need to start thinking about an exit strategy from his campaign, broker the convention, and get themselves a viable nominee. I mean, if I cared, that's what I would do.
If the majority of people vote for DT, why would you override the will of the people? We're not democrat fascists.

If he is the nominee, which I hope, then we as patriots should coalesce around him and NOT capitulate to the commie or the criminal.

By the way, I've heard all sorts of reasons not to vote for him, BUT, at the end of the day, he is gaining on Hillary, he has received prominent endorsements including from Senator Sessions, Jerry Fawlell Jr., Palin, Sherrif Joe...

If he is good / conservative/ evangelical enough for them, he is good enough for me.

Saying otherwise indicates that you (not directed at literal "you", just a general "you") know something that all these people as a body of whole do not know.

Like it or not folks, he will be the nominee and you should not play the games that dems play.

And don't do to him what Newt did to Romney, handing it over to BO.

Also, nobody will be 100%. There is only one Saviour and His name is Jesus Christ.
People, stop it already with Cruz like he's clean as a driven snow. These are political operatives, and they will all disappoint you.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It has now come out Sessions has been coaching and advising Trump for a while now.

Some thoughts come to mind. What kind of deals is the Donald making behind the scenes?

The more Washington politicians align with Trump or the other candidates, the more I believe Cruz is the right guy.

If people really want a conservative outsider, why not choose the guy that is an obvious outsider?

People that claim they want someone that respects the Constitution, presidential and principled then chooses Trump are not being consistent in there thought process.

When a country elects a president based on his ability to throw childish insults at others deserves what it gets.

Trump talks about not being beholden to anyone. What does he owe these politicians that are endorsing him?

I believe Cruz is the right guy when all things are considered. However, I can respect the choice of any of the republican candidates with the exception of the middle school narcissistic bully. Cruz has been a lifelong conservative and Trump became one once he started seriously contemplating a run for president. This includes his stance on the 2nd amendment.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Parabellum,
What we don't know is what deal the Donald has worked in order to get their endorsement. With Donald it's all about the deal. Most of our country's problem are directly the result of backroom quid pro quo deals that benefit the politicians and not the country.

It wasn't long ago Donald was much more aligned with dems than repubs. Also, check out his father's history and affiliations. Those same affiliations have gone a long way in helping Trump accumulate much of his wealth.
Saying otherwise indicates that you (not directed at literal "you", just a general "you") know something that all these people as a body of whole do not know.

Return to “Off-Topic”