Wounded Warrior Project fires CEO and COO. Great news!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Wounded Warrior Project fires CEO and COO. Great news!

Post by Syntyr »

This is great news. I have been telling people about these knuckleheads for a couple of years now. The story says that WWP was giving about 50% of received donations to actual wounded warrior causes and vets. The rest was spent on soliciting more donations and extravagant salaries and 26 million dollar parties.

I say the 50% is being generous. I bet it was more like 30%. This makes me mad! These two should be made to work in rehab centers, VA clinics and helping wounded warriors until they pay the money back. Or just ship them over to the sandbox and they can go play with ISIS!

This is good news. Now if they can reform the organization and get it on track.

Unfortunately these two might have ruined the reputation of WWP irrevocably... And that's a shame!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wounded-war ... coo-fired/
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

bigity
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wounded Warrior Project fires CEO and COO. Great news!

Post by bigity »

Awesome!
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

The money that WWP gives to individual vets is 2% of their income. Their executives get 3% (cumulative). They do give some money to other organizations, but their direct help to vets is 2%. 55% of their expenses go to programs that help people, but they only spend 47.6% of what they take in, so the net program expenses are 26.9% of their total income.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.c ... uLVsvkrIdU

http://ivn.us/2014/04/22/controversy-su ... nnections/
This article defends the charity but includes this contradictory statement.
The Wounded Warrior Project doesn’t doubt its effectiveness. The charity’s website lays claim to supporting 398 vets and their caregivers, placing 320 wounded veterans in jobs, and bringing out 156 vets to Soldier Rides in 2014.

For a nonprofit that Guidestar reports brought in close to $235 million in revenue in 2013, numbers like those seem curiously low. Still another question is raised by just how some of the services that it funded actually helped veterans recover from post-traumatic stress or rehabilitate from combat-related wounds.
According to Charity Navigator, they spent $148,641,215 on vets last year. That's $373,470.39 per vet.

Yeah, right.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

What these "charities" do should be illegal and they should be prosecuted as frauds. These scam artists operate under IRS rules that sanction this behavior. The WWP is no different from billery kiln-ton's foundation. Prison is too good for these criminals.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

Yes. They need a serious overhaul. I have given to them a not insignificant, at least to me, sum. I was disheartened when the whole kerfluffle happened with Tom Gresham and Gun Talk. That's when I started looking into them and ceased donating. I was not being a good steward of my money. Since then I have been giving to Fisher House. They are a too notch well run charity.

I hate calling it a charity because it shouldn't be. Those programs should be in place and supporting our wounded vets. They shouldn't have to depend upon the giving of others. They deserve to be better supported and honored!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Return to “Off-Topic”