NYT: Obama at war longer than any other president

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

NYT: Obama at war longer than any other president

Post by philip964 »

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/us/po ... .html?_r=0

May 6, 2016 President Obama broke a record, he has been at war longer than any other President of the United States in its history. No president, Nixon, Johnson, Roosevelt, Bush, Truman or even Lincoln has been at war as long as President Obama. In no less than seven different countries.

Yes, the number of soldiers and casualties are smaller than these other presidents, but no president has been at war for the two full terms of their presidency like Obama.

No other President has received the Nobel Peace Prize either.

K.Mooneyham

Re: NYT: Obama at war longer than any other president

Post by K.Mooneyham »

The whole charade would merely be ridiculous, if it weren't so deadly serious. At war through the entirety of his terms, but without any desire or plan to win. Disgusting.

psijac
Posts in topic: 2

Post by psijac »

To be fair, he's just really bad at it. We would still be fighing Japan if we completely withdrew all forces a couple of years later
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

He just doesn't want to win. He can't afford to lose, but doesn't want to win.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

In all fairness, since after we won the Big One, we are now set up to be in one form of conflict or another from here to eternity.

TangoX-ray

Post by TangoX-ray »

"If you like your peace, you can keep your peace." - BHO on the campaign trail, probably
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

The Braintrust in Chief is also having his personal mouthpiece Kerry offer to arm the Lybians.

So they can fight ISIS.

You know, because arming despots in the Middle East has worked so well to this point.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I know my memory is not what it used to be, but I swear I remember in 2008 he said he had an exit strategy for Iraq and Afghanistan. :headscratch
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Wars are for winning not for prolonging for publicity purposes!

psijac
Posts in topic: 2

Post by psijac »

There is a group of people opposed to war. They will never fight in these wars, or experience any personal risk during this time, but they saw Platoon once and consider themselves to be on the moral high ground or which is unassailable by logic or emotion. Unfortunately these people can and do vote. So they will call forth politicians who will build their careers on not only hoping America loses a war, but actively causing an American loss. We may have the strongest army and the most nukes but we will never win another war again, because the purpose of war is not to win but to make the other side not want to fight war, every foe has already won because that group in our nation would love nothing more than for us to turn over on our belly at the slightest aggression.

07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Return to “Off-Topic”