Obama in Vietnam and no one paying attention

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Obama in Vietnam and no one paying attention

Post by TreyHouston »

Hey, he did sell 11Billion of Bowing jets though!!!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Bourdain is a very hypocritical liberal.

No wonder he's sitting with the imitation prez.

bcooper

Post by bcooper »

FtwBill wrote:
bcooper wrote:Maybe he won't come back... Tony B can come back though! Love that guy!!

Tony is the only thing I find worth tuning into cnn for.
:iagree: :iagree:

bcooper

Post by bcooper »

Abraham wrote:Bourdain is a very hypocritical liberal.

No wonder he's sitting with the imitation prez.
I don't watch Tony for his political views, which he does a pretty good job at keeping to himself on his show. His knowledge of culture, food in other countries, love for booze and out right hatred for fast food is what I love. I can look beyond him being a liberal.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I don't watch him for his political views either. To a large extent I agree with you about his show, but it's hard for me to completely ignore his liberal views. They have a tendency to color my view of him.

I do agree his food/cooking knowledge and the places he goes are fun to watch and learn from.

However, on a couple of his shows, he has spoken passionately against what most conservatives fight against like letting illegal immigrants enter the country as they please, because they're just trying to make a living, blah, blah, blah, totally ignoring how often they commit crimes, anchor babies, have contagious diseases etc. He hates guns, but like shooting them and holds dear other uber liberal crapola that undermines his likeability for me.

I don't doubt his love of Obama as Bourdain was a long time doper as he was a heroin junkie, now he's simply alcoholic.

But hey, watching a reprobate can be fun too.

bcooper

Post by bcooper »

To each his own. We all have our faults... liberals just happen to be more wrong and glaringly obvious! lol

Another guy similar, but not on tv anymore is Three Sheets. Check that show out... best out there! Also a drinking game that goes along with it!

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

I heard some clips of Obama trashing the US is his speech in communist Vietnam standing in front of a statue of Ho Chi Minh. Funny how he embraces our enemies and pushes away our friends. 58,000 dead for what? So the NVA could slaughter millions and establish their communist paradise? I'm just old enough to remember the TV coverage of people clutching helicopter skids in Saigon and boat people after we bugged out. :mad5
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

They played a clip of Obama's speech in Vietnam. He essentially said that the USA is not without its faults, and then he began to list the faults he finds in America. Too much money in politics, women not receiving equal pay, and racially biased policing are the ones I remember. I don't think he mentioned gun violence, but he could have.

I'm sure to the average Vietnamese, as they bend over in mud to plant rice, these are shocking and they probably thank their lucky stars they did not grab on to that helicopter landing skid as it left so many years ago.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

bcooper,

Thanks for tip with Three Sheets.

Every time a show about booze/boozing shows up they seem to quickly fold.

There's one out there now called "The Booze Traveler". It'll probably be gone soon, but I like it.

While I can't stand Andrew Zimmern, his show, "Bizarre Foods" is a terrific travelogue.

To not completely thread jack, will Obama apologize for Hiroshima?

I hope not as my Dad fought on Okinawa and then moved on to be part of the occupation forces in Japan.

If Hiroshima and Nagasaki hadn't been bombed he'd of likely been killed invading Japan.

Then my charming self wouldn't be here.

If Obama mentions anything about the bomb, he should point out how it saved millions of lives on both sides.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

philip964 wrote:They played a clip of Obama's speech in Vietnam. He essentially said that the USA is not without its faults, and then he began to list the faults he finds in America. Too much money in politics, women not receiving equal pay, and racially biased policing are the ones I remember. I don't think he mentioned gun violence, but he could have.

I'm sure to the average Vietnamese, as they bend over in mud to plant rice, these are shocking and they probably thank their lucky stars they did not grab on to that helicopter landing skid as it left so many years ago.
It's the lack of transgendered bathrooms that will drive the boat people back to communist Vietnam. :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Anthony Bourdain committed suicide today: https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/antho ... index.html.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Wonder how old that picture is? Anthony Bourdian found dead today

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Isn't that the second celebrity suicide by hanging this week?
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I didn't know he had any connection to Hillary.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Allons
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Allons »

Pawpaw wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:53 pm I didn't know he had any connection to Hillary.
Now that's funny.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Return to “Off-Topic”