Finally.... A Chance to Brag a Little

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Finally.... A Chance to Brag a Little

Post by Jusme »

As most of you may know from my previous posts, my son, Jusme Jr., earned his Eagle Scout rank back in March. Due to scheduling conflicts with Troop activities, Band banquets, Senior Prom, Graduation and a seemingly endless list of unacceptable dates, we finally managed to have his Eagle Scout Ceremony last night.

A little about my son, he started in Scouting as a Tiger Cub, when he was 6. He has been the quintessential Scout, he has been involved in Community Service, Fund Raising, recruiting other Scouts, and of course all of the normal Scout activities including Pine Wood Derbies, Cubmobile building and racing, up to High Adventure Rappelling, Canoeing, Survival camping etc.. He has attended summer camp every year since 2009 and has served as Patrol Leader, Assistant Senior Patrol Leader, Senior Patrol Leader and Troop Guide.

HIs Eagle project was called "Backing The Blue", and it involved applying concrete stain to planters outside the local PD, filling them with soil and planting annual and perennial, foliage. He had to obtain donations for all of the supplies, write a very detailed plan, recruit volunteers, and schedule deliveries etc.

Last night all of his hard work and dedication paid off, as he had his Court of Honor, which was attended by, friends, family, community leaders and other well wishers.

During the ceremony he received his Henry Eagle Scout edition rifle. In the photo, the scout master is on the right and I'm the ugly guy on the left. I don't know if you can tell, but Jusme Jr. is a little taller than I was at his age.

You can read about my adventure in obtaining the rifle here:

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=82946

I'm sure you may be able to tell, but Mrs. Jusme and myself are very proud of this guy. He also held a 90% g.p.a through high school, made 1530 on his SAT and plans to be an Aerospace Engineer ( I haven't been able to help him with his homework for a long time now)

I know this is a long post, but I have a hard time shortening all of the things I want to say about him. During my speech last night I told him that if God had given his mother and I a chance to list all of the things we wanted in a perfect son, we couldn't have come up with one that as good as he has been. Excuse me, I have to wipe away some tears now..
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RoyGBiv

Re: Finally.... A Chance to Brag a Little

Post by RoyGBiv »

Well done dad!
Happy Father's day. Can't imagine a better reason to shed a tear.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

psijac

Post by psijac »

:thumbs2:
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Congrats to your son Justme Jr and great job on raising a fine upstanding son to mom and dad. Wish we had more like him.

Wag2323

Post by Wag2323 »

Congrats to your son and yourself.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Happy Father's Day!

Tell your son he has a few thousand Forum members backing him.

And a shout-out to the all-American https://www.henryrifles.com/ for their sponsorship in this.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

That is magnificent! Congratulations all the way around, from an old man who quit Scouting 3 Merit Badges short of Eagle, ~56 years ago, and has lamented it bitterly in the years since. It may not have been the dumbest thing I ever did, but there are none that I regret more.

Every time I see a Scout, or a Scout leader, I tell them my unhappy story, in hopes that some youngster will not make the same mistake.

In San Diego where I spent most of my adult life, the controversy and fallout over gay Scout leaders resulted in a great deal of bitterness. Civic leaders, men who ordinarily would have been happy to serve on the boards and so forth, wouldn't associate with Scouting. It was better to have been in the Ku Klux Klan than be associated with Scouting there, so stupid.

Anyway, good on you and your family. This is something he can be proud of as long as he lives, and the lessons and experiences are invaluable.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I can't imagine a better Father's Day gift, to be able to stand proud for your son like that. A job well done on your wife's and your parts, and on your son's too.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Congrats. Eagle was a goal I never reached.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

:iagree:

Congratulations to Mom, Son, and you too, Dad! Well done, one and all!!!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Weg

Post by Weg »

Congrats to your son, that's quite an accomplishment. This country would be a better place if we had more fathers like you sir.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I can't imagine a better Father's Day gift, to be able to stand proud for your son like that. A job well done on your wife's and your parts, and on your son's too.
Could not have said it better. Congrats to you and him
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Jusme, brag away Sir, BRAG AWAY !! Very nice.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Super congrats Jusme! I know you & wife are extremely proud of this handsome young man! A better Father's Day present could not be had! :clapping: :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “Off-Topic”