Press calls election for exit

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rentz
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Press calls election for exit

Post by rentz »

i was going back and forth all week about going heavy into VIX funds, but i wasnt wanting to gamble that much on the vote to leave since a lot of indicators were showing they were likely to stay.
had i done it, i'd be doing very well in the market today.

over the next few days would be a good time to buy into the pound if you're a forex trader since its so low.

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

Dadtodabone wrote:Hard choice. Economic turmoil vs. Societal collapse. The U.K. is well out of the modern FrankenReich.
Nobody said it would be easy.

“More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.” -- Woody Allen
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 6

Post by parabelum »

Trump's statement about the vote:

"The people of the United Kingdom have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the European Union and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. A Trump Administration pledges to strengthen our ties with a free and independent Britain, deepening our bonds in commerce, culture and mutual defense. The whole world is more peaceful and stable when our two countries – and our two peoples – are united together, as they will be under a Trump Administration.

Come November, the American people will have the chance to re-declare their independence. Americans will have a chance to vote for trade, immigration and foreign policies that put our citizens first. They will have the chance to reject today’s rule by the global elite, and to embrace real change that delivers a government of, by and for the people. I hope America is watching, it will soon be time to believe in America again."

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-rele ... membership

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

rentz wrote:i was going back and forth all week about going heavy into VIX funds, but i wasnt wanting to gamble that much on the vote to leave since a lot of indicators were showing they were likely to stay.
had i done it, i'd be doing very well in the market today.

over the next few days would be a good time to buy into the pound if you're a forex trader since its so low.
:iagree:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

parabelum wrote:I think this is a snowball that will take few more EU members out. Though it certainly didn't start with EU solely, the rise in soft occupation and erosion of European culture I largely credit EU. Occupation by whom? Take a guess.

Populism is on the rise and all I've got to say is this is good news for Trump. People around the world have had enough with bastardization of their borders/language/culture and you'll see more member Nations exit.

Most of my family is still there and they are ALL sick of it.
:iagree: The EU is probably ready for hospice.

Chas.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

This whole thing reminds me of the secession petitions that were put on the White House ideas web site a while back, including the "let Austin remain part of the US if Texas leaves" sub petition. It seems like we are heading for city states and territories again, or at the very least a major cultural/political shake up the world over. Interesting times we live in for sure.

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

Papa_Tiger wrote:This whole thing reminds me of the secession petitions that were put on the White House ideas web site a while back, including the "let Austin remain part of the US if Texas leaves" sub petition. It seems like we are heading for city states and territories again, or at the very least a major cultural/political shake up the world over. Interesting times we live in for sure.
Interesting indeed. It's also very encouraging that individual freedoms can be restored and political ties severed without violence.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

And here we go:

"Voters in France, Italy and the Netherlands are demanding their own votes on European Union membership and the euro, as the continent faces a “contagion” of referendums."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... ds-now-wa/

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

It's amazing what can happen when the people stand up and say enough! I hope it continues to catch on here!
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

viking1000

Post by viking1000 »

Do not be surprised to see Denmark, Sweden, France ,or Italy take a vote ....Soon.....

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Syntyr wrote:
RicoTX wrote:I found it amusing that some British pundits were trying to explain it to Americans that it would be like Texas leaving the US. Im counting the minutes before that Texas idea is brought up again with the Leave vote having won.

I don't really have a horse in the UK referendum, but I think most were tired of too much government... you know taxation without representation....sounds familiar!

Im Calling It!!!- Texit!!!! :thumbs2:
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics ... it-now.ece
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

joe817

Post by joe817 »

suthdj wrote:
Syntyr wrote:
RicoTX wrote:I found it amusing that some British pundits were trying to explain it to Americans that it would be like Texas leaving the US. Im counting the minutes before that Texas idea is brought up again with the Leave vote having won.

I don't really have a horse in the UK referendum, but I think most were tired of too much government... you know taxation without representation....sounds familiar!

Im Calling It!!!- Texit!!!! :thumbs2:
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics ... it-now.ece
:txflag:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

So is Brexit the death knell of the E.U.?

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Abraham wrote:So is Brexit the death knell of the E.U.?

I would hope so, but something tells me that the establishment elites who have erased borders/language and culture of European countries will continue to promulgate the Globalization at all costs.
It would not surprise me to see a war erupting as a result of this.
People want one thing, government elites give them something else. Familiar, right?

Also, watch out for that Merkel creature. She comes from a long line of Stasi, in my opinion she's pure evil.

ELB

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Off-Topic”