BREAKING: A military coup in Turkey has overthrown the govt

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Re: BREAKING: A military coup in Turkey has overthrown the govt

Post by Beiruty »

I see people are getting shots on the bridge. From bad to worse
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

psijac wrote:Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Everything is such a mess over there I don't even know.
Easy answer.... See which side the Obama Administration supports and then that will be WRONG SIDE. Hasn't failed yet... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

parabelum
Posts in topic: 5

Post by parabelum »

koine2002 wrote:The Turkish military is the reason that Turkey is not a radical Islamic country.
Bingo. :iagree:

They (Turkish Military) see Erdogan as moving more towards the support of radical Islamic groups byway of direct and indirect support. Military does not want Islamization of Turkey. That's what we are seeing in my opinion.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

parabelum wrote:
koine2002 wrote:The Turkish military is the reason that Turkey is not a radical Islamic country.

They (Turkish Military) see Erdogan as moving more towards the support of radical Islamic groups byway of direct and indirect support. Military does not want Islamization of Turkey. That's what we are seeing in my opinion.
The coup will fail. US government declared support for the Turkish government (as per CNN). Turkey is still a secular government. It would only make the whole regional unstable, if the there is no elected government in power for long period
Last edited by Beiruty on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Topbuilder »

psijac wrote:Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Everything is such a mess over there I don't even know.
If you are into prophesy, Turkey is where its at. Gog (antichrist) rules from Turkey (Magog). Whether this slows the progression toward Islamism the sultan in the "White Palace" has begun or accelerates it remains to be seen. Turkey will be lost.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Beiruty wrote:
parabelum wrote:

The coup will fail. US government declared support for the Turkish government (as per CNN). Turkey is still a secular government. It would only make the whole regional unstable, if the there is no elected government in power for long period

While it is true that Turkey is not yet a radicalized Country, I have heard from close family members who travel from Sarajevo Bosnia to Istanbul from time to time that Turkey has gotten a lot more oppressive since Erdogan. Locals complain that Erdogan has been packing Military and Judicial offices with Islamic radicals/sympathizers (sound familiar .... ).
Also, the press and freedoms have been oppressed heavily under Erdogan. Fact that "our government" supports Erdogan tells me everything I need to know.

If the coup fails, expect more purges and higher influx of Islamic radicals.

Just my opinion of course.

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Topbuilder »

Recep_Tayyip_Erdoğan_Mahmoud_Abbas,  antichrist.jpg
Erdogan longs for the days of the Ottoman Empire. His underlings have assured the establishment the 100 year anniversary will fall on a re-established, revived Ottoman empire. Almost as if it survived its fatal head wound from march of 1924.
Recep_Tayyip_Erdoğan_Mahmoud_Abbas,  antichrist.jpg
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

parabelum wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
parabelum wrote:

While it is true that Turkey is not yet a radicalized Country, I have heard from close family members who travel from Sarajevo Bosnia to Istanbul from time to time that Turkey has gotten a lot more oppressive since Erdogan. Locals complain that Erdogan has been packing Military and Judicial offices with Islamic radicals/sympathizers (sound familiar .... ).
Also, the press and freedoms have been oppressed heavily under Erdogan. Fact that "our government" supports Erdogan tells me everything I need to know.

If the coup fails, expect more purges and higher influx of Islamic radicals.

Just my opinion of course.
:iagree:

The old Soviet Union had an "elected government" too...there was just on Party on the ballot and they always got 100% of the vote with 100% turnout until 1991. :rules:

Iran keeps "re-electing" the same Fascists... year after year since 1979... :rules:

Since Obama admin is publicly for Erdogan, I am now immediately against him... :mad5
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Developing: On CNN, it was stated that coup d'etat has ended and people on the streets are celebrating. Maybe the military thought it would a peaceful coup and it turned to be bloody. So they the coup either faced mutiny or failed to get a lot of support.
Beiruty,

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Beiruty wrote:Developing: On CNN, it was stated that coup d'etat has ended and people on the streets are celebrating. Maybe the military thought it would a peaceful coup and it turned to be bloody. So they the coup either faced mutiny or failed to get a lot of support.

I hope CNN aka Pravda is just trying to "make it go away" with propaganda.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

parabelum wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Developing: On CNN, it was stated that coup d'etat has ended and people on the streets are celebrating. Maybe the military thought it would a peaceful coup and it turned to be bloody. So they the coup either faced mutiny or failed to get a lot of support.

I hope CNN aka Pravda is just trying to "make it go away" with propaganda.
Wait and see, right now..
Beiruty,

Daisy Cutter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Daisy Cutter »

What I'm wondering is, how is it possible that BO can be blindsided by this. Turkey is a NATO ally, has allied air base there, is crawling with CIA and other intel/ mil operatives, and NSA is vacuuming up all traffic in the area. For them to roll tanks and fly aircraft on short notice there must have been a lot of chatter.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Both the military's command/leadership and the civilian administration are saying that the coup took place outside the chain of command, so it appears to be a mutiny of sorts.

AP is reporting that the coup was unsuccessful, and I've been watching video of uniformed police officers taking soldiers away in handcuffs.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

XnTx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XnTx »

The Turkish military is more secular than Erdogan. Erdogan is to0 close to the Islamic Brotherhood and ISIS. Turkey is a buffer and used to be a stabilizing influence in the region. If the military can succeed, it would be a good thing. If they fail, Turkey will become a full-blown sharia state. I hope our leaders are saying one thing and supporting the other.
CHL - 9/22/11
NRA Life Member - 12/12/15
XDS .45 or P380

Return to “Off-Topic”