Republican Convention: Cruz supporters planning trouble?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 20

Re: Republican Convention: Cruz supporters planning trouble?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

SRO1911 wrote:Cruz was professional, articulate, accurate and exactly what I would consider 'presidential'.
Pretty sure the rest of the circus is downhill from here.
And he went back on his pledge to support the ultimate Republican candidate. So much for honesty, integrity and being a man of his word. Every single commentator has said the same thing -- he cam across as a sore loser. Conscience my foot. He sold the country down the drain, went back on his promise and drove a stake through his own political heart.

Chas.

jason812
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jason812 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I will never vote for Cruz again. He destroyed his political future.

Chas.
:iagree: all he had to do was say he was a man of his word and say he was voting for Trump. After Cruz was out, I was leaning Gary Johnson but the way the republican party has acted the last month or so, I'm going to vote for Trump. Not to defeat Hillary but to give a middle finger to the republican party.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
SRO1911 wrote:Cruz was professional, articulate, accurate and exactly what I would consider 'presidential'.
And he went back on his pledge to support the ultimate Republican candidate. So much for honesty, integrity and being a man of his word. Every single commentator has said the same thing -- he cam across as a sore loser. Conscience my foot. He sold the country down the drain, went back on his promise and drove a stake through his own political heart.

Chas.
Quite true. I really really really wanted Cruz to win, but he looked childish tonight.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Glad I wasn't the only one going to call him out on that. Very very disappointing behavior from Cruz. Guess a politician can't change his spots. :mad5

flowrie
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flowrie »

ajwakeboarder wrote:I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I am incredibly proud of him. I can't believe anyone would expect him to endorse the man who implied his dad had something to do with a Presidential assassination, called him a liar, and a cheater. I will never be a politician because I don't have the temperament for it. I would have punched trump in the face early on in this race.
Cruz demands a high standard, so I hold him to a high standard, he broke his promise.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

jason812

Post by jason812 »

DevilDawg wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Glad I wasn't the only one going to call him out on that. Very very disappointing behavior from Cruz. Guess a politician can't change his spots. :mad5
He just proved that no professional politician can be taken for his word.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

This is turning into more and more ammunition for the left...I can see them asking how Trump can run the country when he can't properly manage his convention. Not saying it's fair or true ... but we know truth doesn't have much to do with politics anyway.

Cruz should have either agreed to endorse Trump, or he should not have been invited to speak.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

RicoTX wrote:This is turning into more and more ammunition for the left...I can see them asking how Trump can run the country when he can't properly manage his convention. Not saying it's fair or true ... but we know truth doesn't have much to do with politics anyway.

Cruz should have either agreed to endorse Trump, or he should not have been invited to speak.
I wonder if he agreed and then went back on his word.

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

If he did, the RNC needs to get that out publicly ASAP.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

ajwakeboarder wrote:I'm gonna get flamed for this, but I am incredibly proud of him. I can't believe anyone would expect him to endorse the man who implied his dad had something to do with a Presidential assassination, called him a liar, and a cheater. I will never be a politician because I don't have the temperament for it. I would have punched trump in the face early on in this race.
He didn't have to "endorse" him, he could have taken the Ronald Reagan approach. When Reagan lost to Gerald Ford, he stood on the podium with Ford at the convention and gave a great speech unifying the Party around the one candidate. Cruz should have done the same.

Many people, including me I must admit, previously stated that Cruz may be our best chance of having another Reagan in the White House. We owe Reagan a heartfelt apology. Reagan was a true statesman who put the country's interest above his own. Cruz is just another politician. By tomorrow when he realizes what he has done to his own political future, he may well try to "fix" his problem. It won't work.

Chas.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Skiprr »

But he was invited to speak, and the campaign stood by that invitation. And it was not required that Trump campaign officials vet his speech. They let him take the podium without editing his text.

That says more to me, now, about Trump than it does about Ted.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Skiprr wrote:. . . That says more to me, now, about Trump than it does about Ted.
Yes it does, it does indeed!

Chas.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:He didn't have to "endorse" him, he could have taken the Ronald Reagan approach. When Reagan lost to Gerald Ford, he stood on the podium with Ford at the convention and gave a great speech unifying the Party around the one candidate. Cruz should have done the same.
:iagree:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

So, this Newt guy. He should get into politics. :rolll
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

seph

Post by seph »

Cruz showed his true colors tonight. I did not vote for him in his Senate primary, but had to put aside my thoughts on him for the general. I have never liked him.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

Return to “Off-Topic”