Trump vs. Clinton Round 1

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

How much of the debate did you watch tonight?

Less than 25%.
34%
25-50%
8%
50-75%
5%
The whole enchilada!
54%

Total votes: 104

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Trump vs. Clinton Round 1

Post by C-dub »

mojo84 wrote:Why does he not bring up Benghazi?
I think he's pacing himself. There's still 3 more "debates."

I'm not sure who is winning this one, but he may have a slight edge. They've both been getting in their shots and each has gotten under the others' skin a little. Holt has not challenged her on anything, but has gone after him a few times.

It'll be interesting to see where polls go by the end of this week.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

I'm calling the 25% I saw to Hillary cause she didn't appear sick, and Donald did.

Tax the rich to pay for all kinds of free stuff for everyone else is a hard argument to defeat, especially when you are rich.

Hillary did a good job of selling that.

Plus nailed Trump on not paying the little guys that worked for him.

Trump missed an opportunity when Hillary brought up her dads fabric business, I bet its gone and no one dyes fabric in Chicago anymore. Its all done in China today.

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

I thought he also missed the opportunity about the cause of the housing bubble. He could have slammed dunked that one in that it began with her husband and others forcing banks to give out home loans to those that couldn't afford them. But, nothing.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Skiprr »

The Donald faced 1.5 debate opponents, not one. Shame on Lester Holt.

That said, I think he allowed himself to go on the defensive too much. He had openings about the email scandal (one of the Wikileaks revelations very early today was previously undisclosed FBI evidence that everyone at Platte River Networks had access to Hillary's emails), and when attacked about Trump's past treatment of employees he didn't play the Benghazi card. Nothing on the Clinton Foundation and nothing on the pay-to-play accusations against Hillary.

I don't know if he was purposely trying to not come off as a crazed pit bull, but next debate I think he needs to be better prepared and never give up the offense.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

C-dub wrote:I thought he also missed the opportunity about the cause of the housing bubble. He could have slammed dunked that one in that it began with her husband and others forcing banks to give out home loans to those that couldn't afford them. But, nothing.
Yep.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 8

Post by parabelum »

Super predator. That's the term Hillary used to define black people.

I think that witch who looks like female Kim Jong Un lost.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Impartial moderator they told us. There won't be a slant they told us. Non partisan they told us.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I clicked <25% because there was no 0% option.

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I can't watch Hillary any longer. I'm recording it, but I can't watch that professional liar one more minute.

Chas.
:iagree:
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

C-dub wrote:I thought he also missed the opportunity about the cause of the housing bubble. He could have slammed dunked that one in that it began with her husband and others forcing banks to give out home loans to those that couldn't afford them. But, nothing.
:iagree: I could not believe he missed that. Could have driven an 18 wheeler through that opening!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Skiprr »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Impartial moderator they told us. There won't be a slant they told us. Non partisan they told us.
"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"There were no classified emails."

"At this point, what does it matter?"

"I never said the Trans-Pacific Partnership 'sets the gold standard in trade agreements to open free, transparent, fair trade, the kind of environment that has the rule of law and a level playing field.'" (Quotation from the U.S. Department of State, Remarks at Techport Australia, November 15, 2012, by Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton...just sayin' because she denied it in tonight's debate.)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Skiprr wrote:The Donald faced 1.5 debate opponents, not one. Shame on Lester Holt.

That said, I think he allowed himself to go on the defensive too much. He had openings about the email scandal (one of the Wikileaks revelations very early today was previously undisclosed FBI evidence that everyone at Platte River Networks had access to Hillary's emails), and when attacked about Trump's past treatment of employees he didn't play the Benghazi card. Nothing on the Clinton Foundation and nothing on the pay-to-play accusations against Hillary.

I don't know if he was purposely trying to not come off as a crazed pit bull, but next debate I think he needs to be better prepared and never give up the offense.
:iagree: She was aggressive, took control, put him on the defensive and he never was able to turn it around. Round #1 goes to the traitor of Benghazi. We are in deep kitty poop.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Whats hilarious is the news channels watched two completely different debates.

Whats sad is these two are the best we could come up with.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I'm actually hearing a decent amount of "this didn't hurt Trump and it didn't help Hillary" commentary. There were a few times that's Trump got her frazzled, but he needs to calm down and quit bragging so much for the next two. And Pence should mop the floor with Kaine.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I'm actually hearing a decent amount of "this didn't hurt Trump and it didn't help Hillary" commentary. There were a few times that's Trump got her frazzled, but he needs to calm down and quit bragging so much for the next two. And Pence should mop the floor with Kaine.
I was disappointed with Trump's performance. He was very defensive and repetitive and sometimes incoherent. I hate to admit that Hillary had almost complete control.

Hopefully the next debate will be different...
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Return to “Off-Topic”