NEW: Texas Clown Issue

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 3

Re: NEW: Texas Clown Issue

Post by locke_n_load »

If attacked by a group of clowns, go for the juggler...
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

First premise is that a baseball bat is not a deadly weapon is wrong, depending on where the blow lands and the strength of the person wielding it, a baseball bat is most certainly capable of causing death or permanent injury! Come at me or my family member with a baseball bat and I will shoot you without hesitation!
If you pull a pistol and order the bat wielder to Stop and they fail to heed your command then they aren't playing around they are threatening with a deadly weapon the same as if it was a knife!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

A local arnis instructor really wants a shot at a clown with a pair of these: https://www.amazon.com/Toy-Squeaky-Circ ... B00362RW3M

chuck j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chuck j »

The clown problem is much overstated . During the colonial period in Texas Stephen F. Austin's settlement lost several colonists to clowns . Clowns in those days roamed in small packs or bands scavenging a subsistence living by foraging killing the occasional unwary immigrant to strip of belongings to trade across the border for baggy pants , unbelievably huge floppy shoes , twirling bow ties and tiny bicycles . When independence was won from Mexico the new Texas Rangers soon had a profound effect on the marauding clowns who had virtually taken over the southern half of the state . The clown menace was quickly brought under control by captain Coffee of the Rangers . Order was restored .

Tune in for the next chapter of ....CLOWNS IN TEXAS !

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

KD5NRH wrote:A local arnis instructor really wants a shot at a clown with a pair of these: https://www.amazon.com/Toy-Squeaky-Circ ... B00362RW3M
Or this:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

No quite on point, but had to share.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

chuck j wrote:The clown problem is much overstated . During the colonial period in Texas Stephen F. Austin's settlement lost several colonists to clowns . Clowns in those days roamed in small packs or bands scavenging a subsistence living by foraging killing the occasional unwary immigrant to strip of belongings to trade across the border for baggy pants , unbelievably huge floppy shoes , twirling bow ties and tiny bicycles . When independence was won from Mexico the new Texas Rangers soon had a profound effect on the marauding clowns who had virtually taken over the southern half of the state . The clown menace was quickly brought under control by captain Coffee of the Rangers . Order was restored .

Tune in for the next chapter of ....CLOWNS IN TEXAS !

Many of these clowns interrogated into the popular culture of the time and their descendants are still with us . Many civil servants such as mayors of the largest citys in the state owe their success to being of clown linage . Clown genes pop up in many legislators give them leverage of want to be clown constituents. Seems clowns are making a come back ! Lets hear it !!....Here come the clowns !

TexasFlash

Post by TexasFlash »

locke_n_load wrote:If attacked by a group of clowns, go for the juggler...
awesome... "rlol" :smilelol5:
Dave :txflag:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

CLM = Clown Lives Matter

- Have you ever stopped and talked to a clown, or did you just let the bad clown media stereotypes scare you away?
- Do you cross to the other side of the street when you see a young "person of clownness" approach you?
- Do you think that all "sad clowns" are evil?
- You think clowns are just about giant shoes and water squirting lapel flowers?
- Did you ever stop to see the frowns on the jugglers and the clowns, when they all did tricks for you? (Bob Dylan).
- Is the only place you've ever seen clowns at the carnival or circus?
- Do you use "clown" as a disparaging term for incompetent politicians? That CLOWN Eric Holder!!! :mad5

You need to check your non-clown privilege at the door!!! :banghead:

ICP Rules!!!!!! :rock"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

crazy2medic wrote:First premise is that a baseball bat is not a deadly weapon is wrong, depending on where the blow lands and the strength of the person wielding it, a baseball bat is most certainly capable of causing death or permanent injury! Come at me or my family member with a baseball bat and I will shoot you without hesitation!
If you pull a pistol and order the bat wielder to Stop and they fail to heed your command then they aren't playing around they are threatening with a deadly weapon the same as if it was a knife!
I'd take a baseball bat against a knife any day... though I would prefer a SIG P226. :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

First of all, the ADA is not your friend. Their job is to get convictions. Hopefully neither I nor any of you are ever in a situation that leaves one of us under scrutiny by an ADA. Knowing the law helps.

The clown thing is stupid and dangerous. I fear it will end only after something bad happens.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

K.Mooneyham wrote:The clown thing is stupid and dangerous. I fear it will end only after something bad happens.
Unfortunately, it will take several "somethings". They're slow learners.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I did not like any Clown since I have started walking, most likely earlier than that. They gave me bad dreams, I did not like Rats (or someone dressed in a rat costume) larger than me by 40X. If it looks scary, acts like a scary freak it should be like a real
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

tbryanh

Post by tbryanh »

I am for open borders for clowns, and I hope that they fully integrate into our society.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

Well this is going to change the already tense parameters for some. It's bad enough idiots are participating in the hype created on social media, but add a couple of whack jobs like this and it will become open season on clowns. Always that 10% rule in any group.

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/s ... -homeowner

Return to “Off-Topic”