CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 9322
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#1

Post by philip964 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:47 pm

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/face ... 0160AB1671

I'm a 1st (and 2nd) amendment supporter.

Seems California is probably so far gone they will never come back.

However, there is a chance they could abort themselves out of power.


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#2

Post by crazy2medic » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Maybe God could interevene with a level 8 earthquake and drop the whole thing in the pacific ocean!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2355
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#3

Post by Flightmare » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:13 pm

crazy2medic wrote:Maybe God could interevene with a level 8 earthquake and drop the whole thing in the pacific ocean!
The survivors would just blame climate change and bring their liberal ideals east.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#4

Post by crazy2medic » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:22 pm

Flightmare wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:Maybe God could interevene with a level 8 earthquake and drop the whole thing in the pacific ocean!
The survivors would just blame climate change and bring their liberal ideals east.
True, as most probably don't believe in God but have complete faith in climate change!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 25022
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#5

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:47 am

California is a de facto fascist state. All of its many charms are just window dressing. Every time I go back there to visit family, I feel like I've entered a third world nation......a replica of Mexico. And not because of the number of Latinos.... but because it has that same feeling that you do not enjoy the same constitutional protections you have "back home".......that you have to "watch what you say".....that maybe the police are NOT your friend.....stuff like that. It's weird. I lived most of my life there until moving here in 2006, but it no longer seems familiar whenever I return there — and it's not because I have changed (although I have). It's because California has changed. Drastically.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

JALLEN
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3081
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 4:11 pm
Location: Comal County

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#6

Post by JALLEN » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:15 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:California is a de facto fascist state. All of its many charms are just window dressing. Every time I go back there to visit family, I feel like I've entered a third world nation......a replica of Mexico. And not because of the number of Latinos.... but because it has that same feeling that you do not enjoy the same constitutional protections you have "back home".......that you have to "watch what you say".....that maybe the police are NOT your friend.....stuff like that. It's weird. I lived most of my life there until moving here in 2006, but it no longer seems familiar whenever I return there — and it's not because I have changed (although I have). It's because California has changed. Drastically.
Yep. It's become a socialist hole.

When I was sent there on Navy duty nearly 50 years ago, it seemed like paradise. The weather was fantastic, in San Diego anyway. The O Clubs featured a variety of enthusiastic young women. Ronald Reagan was Governor. You could learn just about anything you wanted at a local junior college, except professions, law, medicine, etc., just pay the $2 and buy the books. Ricky Nelson, and Annette Funicello, lived there. Disneyland was there, the Magic Kingdom. The roads were good.

Not anymore.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 12645
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#7

Post by C-dub » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:36 am

JALLEN wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:California is a de facto fascist state. All of its many charms are just window dressing. Every time I go back there to visit family, I feel like I've entered a third world nation......a replica of Mexico. And not because of the number of Latinos.... but because it has that same feeling that you do not enjoy the same constitutional protections you have "back home".......that you have to "watch what you say".....that maybe the police are NOT your friend.....stuff like that. It's weird. I lived most of my life there until moving here in 2006, but it no longer seems familiar whenever I return there — and it's not because I have changed (although I have). It's because California has changed. Drastically.
Yep. It's become a socialist hole.

When I was sent there on Navy duty nearly 50 years ago, it seemed like paradise. The weather was fantastic, in San Diego anyway. The O Clubs featured a variety of enthusiastic young women. Ronald Reagan was Governor. You could learn just about anything you wanted at a local junior college, except professions, law, medicine, etc., just pay the $2 and buy the books. Ricky Nelson, and Annette Funicello, lived there. Disneyland was there, the Magic Kingdom. The roads were good.

Not anymore.
30 years ago for me, but very similar experiences to TAM and JALLEN for me. I've been to many states throughout this great country and it just has a different feel. Now, I haven't been back to visit anyone in NY since 1983 so I'm don't know about that particular hole.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8399
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#8

Post by Abraham » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:47 am

Hey, it's a great place for welfare recipients!

One of the many things I don't understand about those remaining in Cal., if one isn't a welfare recipient, why stay?

Yes, it's an incredibly beautiful state no doubt, (I briefly lived there and went to Army basic training there), but the cost of housing, ( a 3 bedroom tract house, 1600 sq. ft. goes for 1/2 million or more, I'm not kidding...) outlandish taxes, ludicrous P.C., fascist/socialist state government, and on and on, why not move to a free state?

C'mon, you recent California residents, what gives?

Or, are you as baffled as am I...?

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 25022
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#9

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Abraham wrote:Hey, it's a great place for welfare recipients!

One of the many things I don't understand about those remaining in Cal., if one isn't a welfare recipient, why stay?

Yes, it's an incredibly beautiful state no doubt, (I briefly lived there and went to Army basic training there), but the cost of housing, ( a 3 bedroom tract house, 1600 sq. ft. goes for 1/2 million or more, I'm not kidding...) outlandish taxes, ludicrous P.C., fascist/socialist state government, and on and on, why not move to a free state?

C'mon, you recent California residents, what gives?

Or, are you as baffled as am I...?
Let me help you....... The small (2,700 sq ft) white house with the dome roof that is 3rd from the left along the cliff, nestled between the 25,000 sq ft megaterranean on the left and the fake Italian villa on the right in the picture below? That was my mom and dad's house. My dad died in that house in 1990. My wife and I were married on the edge of the cliff, overlooking that blue, clear, water..........so clear that from the top of the cliff, you can see the fish swimming in it. My parents built that house themselves with their own hands, with some help from my brothers and me. Back then, the two houses to the left, and the one to the right, didn't exist. It was just open land back then. My parents' property was 1.2 acres, and included 108 ft of beachfront down below.

My mother just sold that property about a year and a half ago.......for 45 times more than they spent buying the land and building the house. It's an almost embarrassing amount of profit, but I am retired today because of that. That's one nice thing about California. :mrgreen:

Image

The California coast is FAR more beautiful and dramatic than the Texas coast.......and I love Texas, and love being a Texan. Texas has what passes for "mountains" in the Big Bend. California has the High Sierras with 14,000+ foot peaks. You can ski and surf in the same day in California. It has desert, it has rolling coastal savannah, it has rainforest, it has hidden foothills. It is one of the most beautiful states in the country.

And it is populated by fascists.

If it weren't, I might never have contemplated moving to Texas.......not because Texas isn't great, but because California would still be great too.... maybe even greater by virtue of the incredible geography.... if it weren't for the fruitcakes that vote there and govern it. That is one reason why I am acutely sensitive to what could happen to Texas if we ever started enacting the kinds of policies passed in California.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 8399
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#10

Post by Abraham » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Thanks TAM, but you're post doesn't address my question...why do the remaining there, STAY there?

Gorgeous geography doesn't explain remaining in a fascist state or does it?

Are the remaining all fascists, super duper, PC fanatics?

Forgive my rant please...

I'm terribly frustrated as to why people are so deluded as to be part of a disgusting state bunch of fascists.

P.S. I'm sure not all are so. Especially the inland. Maybe a fund for helping the refugees of this fascist state come to freedom, instead of Syrian questionables...?


rexmitchell
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#11

Post by rexmitchell » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Abraham wrote:Thanks TAM, but you're post doesn't address my question...why do the remaining there, STAY there?

Gorgeous geography doesn't explain remaining in a fascist state or does it?

Are the remaining all fascists, super duper, PC fanatics?

Short answer, yes. They like being told what to do by their government and be able to blame someone else for their problems. No different than liberals elsewhere, they just have a majority there. If they wanted to change it they could, but they don't. The real problem is the people from there moving here and trying to turn Texas into a toilet like California is.


gljjt
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#12

Post by gljjt » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Can a law in one state be enforced in another? For example, if the person who received the information from the one doing the recording received and disclosed that information outside of California in a state where it is not a crime, can California prosecute that person. Another example would be recording a phone call of a person in a two party state from a one party state. Would the two party state be able to prosecute?

User avatar

Wolverine
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#13

Post by Wolverine » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Aren't those the same legislators who say "if you're not breaking the law, you've got nothing to worry about" to gun owners?
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 12645
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#14

Post by C-dub » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:30 pm

For many of them it is like the frog and the boiling water thing. Some of them still don't realize the trouble they're in and those that do can't do much about it now. Moving from one state to another or so far is not that easy for many.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

User avatar

E.Marquez
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2727
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm
Location: Kempner
Contact:

Re: CA:New law to prevent secret recordings of conversations with Planned Parenthood

#15

Post by E.Marquez » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:58 pm

I was born and raised in the bay area, ie central california...1965 to 1985.... then went back as my second duty station in 1988 Monterey, Fort Ord it was everything i remembered, and only moderately leftist nonsense at the time ....left in 1991 knowing i would never return as a resident ...confirmed that when i visited my dying mother and then handled her estate .... and again when I visited my brother who desperately wants to leave.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”