Reports of Possible Terror Attack in Texas on Election Eve

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Reports of Possible Terror Attack in Texas on Election Eve

Post by anygunanywhere »

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

bblhd672

Re: Reports of Possible Terror Attack in Texas on Election Eve

Post by bblhd672 »

Do you have a credible news source other than mainstream democrat media? :biggrinjester:

This morning I was reading breathless speculation about a cyber attack backed by Russia on election day.

The Dimocrats must be getting really anxious - dog wagging all over the place.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Suppress the vote much?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

I think Scott Adams was probably correct. ISIS will not strike the US before election day because that will help Trump. They are waiting for Hillary to get ensconced.
USAF 1982-2005

Steve5115

Post by Steve5115 »

bblhd672 wrote:Do you have a credible news source other than mainstream democrat media? :biggrinjester:

This morning I was reading breathless speculation about a cyber attack backed by Russia on election day.

The Dimocrats must be getting really anxious - dog wagging all over the place.
http://abc13.com/news/fbi-texas-possibl ... k/1589481/

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

http://abc13.com/news/fbi-texas-possibl ... k/1589481/
bblhd672 wrote:Do you have a credible news source other than mainstream democrat media? (CBS,ABC,NBC, CNN,etc) :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

KHickam

Post by KHickam »

I say let them come - Texans take care of them - ISIL - I ain't afraid of no ghosts.
"Be strong, be of good courage, God Bless America, Long live the Republic." SootchOO

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

RoyGBiv wrote:Suppress the vote much?
Considering Trump supporters are much more enthusiastic about voting than Hillary supporters. I assume this would swing the vote in trumps direction
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

If they do come to Texas, I bet they steer clear of Garland!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/03/po ... latestnews
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

bblhd672 wrote:http://abc13.com/news/fbi-texas-possibl ... k/1589481/
bblhd672 wrote:Do you have a credible news source other than mainstream democrat media? (CBS,ABC,NBC, CNN,etc) :biggrinjester:
http://gov.texas.gov/news/press-release/22815
Governor Abbott in a November 4 Press Release wrote:My office is working with law enforcement officials and we are continuing to monitor the situation in close coordination with the Texas Department of Public Safety. Texans should go about their daily lives as usual, but remain vigilant over the next several days and report any suspicious activity to state or local law enforcement. The State of Texas will continue to do everything it can to ensure the safety and security of its citizens.
By all accounts that I can find, it appears that whatever threat level was detected by the Feds was low-level and that steps at the states potentially affected are only basic precautionary measures...probably little more than they would normally do on a general election day. The media got wind of whatever came out of the DHS or FBI and of course it then--with no real specifics--made news everywhere from international outlets like Reuters to your local network affiliate.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

...and we should terrify them with potential nuke strikes if our civilian population suffer from their depredations ..along with smoking Mecca and their other revered sites.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Another reason to do away with the silly rules that prevent LTC's from carrying in arbitrary places, such as polling places.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

My $.02 -- and probably worth about that much -- is that the MSM / DNC is prepping to contest the election results if HRC doesn't win. This "news"/speculation raises the specter of election fraud conducted in ways that haven't been typically employed by the DNC machine in the past, therefore they assign such possibilities to collusion with the Republicans and then contest the election results if/when the results don't conform to the polls. If the MSM and DNC are truly in cahoots as some believe, it is a handy little trick to produce polls which are then used as support for contesting election results. It is a good thing for them that the education systems have produced plenty of voters anxious to be told what to think instead of being able to think for themselves...
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Try Texas again? That worked out so well for them in Garland. :thumbs2:

Chas.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Try Texas again? That worked out so well for them in Garland. :thumbs2:

Chas.
Unfortunately, we won't be armed at the polls and there won't be men with AR 15s backing us up.

Return to “Off-Topic”