Page 1 of 2

How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:54 pm
by bdgyeah
If Trump wins:

1) Sleep better at night.
2) Be hopeful about the future.

If Hillary wins:

1) Never vacationing in NY or California.
2) Never going back to Vegas if goes blue. If my wife makes me go, I'll be staying at a Trump property.
3) Done with Hollywood. Won't spend another dime at the movies. Sick of these Hollywood types thinking their voice is louder than mine. Not to mention, a matinee for 2 adults and 2 three year olds, 4 drinks, a tub of popcorn, and a box of candy costs $75.00.
4) Turning off Fox News and every other national news channel....also deleting the apps.
5) This is going to be hard, but I am turning off Professional Football and any other sport who's athletes decide to kneel during the National Anthem.
6) Gonna laugh at the various Demographics that voted in large numbers for democrats thinking things are going to change for the better.
7) Going to grow a second set of eyes in the back of my head. Yea SYRIANS!!! Yea CATCH and RELEASE!!!
8) And since our citizens (and non citizens) decided to knowingly and willingly elect a corrupt, unethical politician President, who represents a political party more comfortable lying to us that telling us the truth, after I'm done crying, I may run for President in 4 years.

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:07 pm
by vjallen75
bdgyeah wrote:If Trump wins:
5) This is going to be hard, but I am turning off Professional Football and any other sport who's athletes decide to kneel during the National Anthem.
I have already decided to do this. Boycotting the NFL and hoping the NBA doesn't fall right in behind them

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:21 pm
by parabelum
Don't forget the Mavs and that buffoon owner.

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:24 pm
by Redneck_Buddha
parabelum wrote:Don't forget the Mavs and that buffoon owner.
This...but I'm a Rockets fan living in DFW so.....

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:27 pm
by eureka40
I dumped fox news a while back. Started watching One America News.

http://www.oann.com/

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:30 pm
by The Annoyed Man
eureka40 wrote:I dumped fox news a while back. Started watching One America News.

http://www.oann.com/
YES! Me too, maybe a year ago or so.

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:59 pm
by glock27
Kim Kardashian and homer simpson for 2020

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:27 pm
by apostate
glock27 wrote:Kim Kardashian and homer simpson for 2020

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:32 pm
by Mxrdad
bdgyeah wrote:If Trump wins:

1) Sleep better at night.
2) Be hopeful about the future.

If Hillary wins:

1) Never vacationing in NY or California.
2) Never going back to Vegas if goes blue. If my wife makes me go, I'll be staying at a Trump property.
3) Done with Hollywood. Won't spend another dime at the movies. Sick of these Hollywood types thinking their voice is louder than mine. Not to mention, a matinee for 2 adults and 2 three year olds, 4 drinks, a tub of popcorn, and a box of candy costs $75.00.
4) Turning off Fox News and every other national news channel....also deleting the apps.
5) This is going to be hard, but I am turning off Professional Football and any other sport who's athletes decide to kneel during the National Anthem.
6) Gonna laugh at the various Demographics that voted in large numbers for democrats thinking things are going to change for the better.
7) Going to grow a second set of eyes in the back of my head. Yea SYRIANS!!! Yea CATCH and RELEASE!!!
8) And since our citizens (and non citizens) decided to knowingly and willingly elect a corrupt, unethical politician President, who represents a political party more comfortable lying to us that telling us the truth, after I'm done crying, I may run for President in 4 years.
Man, thats a lot of change there. I hope you succeed in your efforts. Let me know how you get those extra set of eyes behind you, I'd like a pair myself. But yeah, there are several "folks" I lost respect for. The Mavs owner being just one of em.

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:33 pm
by locke_n_load
I have been planning on joining the national guard for the past few years. My plan was to join next year (back in shape, local job stable). That was before Hillary became the dem candidate. I don't know if I could serve under her. Maybe look at the Texas state guard if she wins, I know they aren't armed, but at least I could serve my state.

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:35 pm
by anygunanywhere
I'm not changing anything. Been stockpiling food, water, land, ammo, and guns for years. The new regime can say and do whatever they want. Bring it.

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:56 pm
by apostate
A career change seems certain if Clinton wins. I work in big oil and the future here looks bleak enough already. :skep:

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:00 pm
by anygunanywhere
apostate wrote:A career change seems certain if Clinton wins. I work in big oil and the future here looks bleak enough already. :skep:
I spoke with a company that supplies cranes for setting up rigs last week and they are booked through March. Hang in there.

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:11 pm
by mayor
bdgyeah wrote:If Trump wins:

1) Sleep better at night.
2) Be hopeful about the future.

If Hillary wins:

1) Never vacationing in NY or California.
2) Never going back to Vegas if goes blue. If my wife makes me go, I'll be staying at a Trump property.
3) Done with Hollywood. Won't spend another dime at the movies. Sick of these Hollywood types thinking their voice is louder than mine. Not to mention, a matinee for 2 adults and 2 three year olds, 4 drinks, a tub of popcorn, and a box of candy costs $75.00.
4) Turning off Fox News and every other national news channel....also deleting the apps.
5) This is going to be hard, but I am turning off Professional Football and any other sport who's athletes decide to kneel during the National Anthem.
6) Gonna laugh at the various Demographics that voted in large numbers for democrats thinking things are going to change for the better.
7) Going to grow a second set of eyes in the back of my head. Yea SYRIANS!!! Yea CATCH and RELEASE!!!
8) And since our citizens (and non citizens) decided to knowingly and willingly elect a corrupt, unethical politician President, who represents a political party more comfortable lying to us that telling us the truth, after I'm done crying, I may run for President in 4 years.
kinda matches my list:

If Trump wins:
1) Sleep better at night.
2) Be hopeful about the future.
3) Never vacationing in NY or California.
4) Never been to Vegas ain't going.
5) Done with Hollywood. Won't spend another dime at the movies. Sick of these Hollywood types thinking their voice is louder than mine. Not to mention, a matinee for 2 adults and 2 three year olds, 4 drinks, a tub of popcorn, and a box of candy costs $75.00.
6) Turning off Fox News and every other national news channel....also deleting the apps.
7) Turned off Professional Football and any other sport who's athletes decide to kneel during the National Anthem.

If Hillary wins:
1) Gonna laugh at the various Demographics that voted in large numbers for democrats thinking things are going to change for the better.
2) Going to grow a second set of eyes in the back of my head. Yea SYRIANS!!! Yea CATCH and RELEASE!!!
3) And since our citizens (and non citizens) decided to knowingly and willingly elect a corrupt, unethical politician President, who represents a political party more comfortable lying to us that telling us the truth, after I'm done crying, I may run for President in 4 years.
4) Never vacationing in NY or California.
5) Never been to Vegas ain't going.
6) Done with Hollywood. Won't spend another dime at the movies. Sick of these Hollywood types thinking their voice is louder than mine. Not to mention, a matinee for 2 adults and 2 three year olds, 4 drinks, a tub of popcorn, and a box of candy costs $75.00.
7) Turning off Fox News and every other national news channel....also deleting the apps.
8) Turned off Professional Football and any other sport who's athletes decide to kneel during the National Anthem.

Re: How I'm changing my life after the election.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:14 pm
by The Dude
I was planning to quit my job if Clinton won. No reason to work hard and pay taxes in such a world.

I'm giving the Trump administration until the end of Q2 to repeal Obamacare, et cetera, before I decide.