Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I couldnt tell if obummer was a golfer or a US President. For the last 8 years he played more golf than Tiger Woods...the heck with affordable insurance, the fight with isis, veterans, Leo's and the rest of America.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Skiprr »

Wow. I just realized this is the first Address to Congress / State of the Union in eight years when we didn't see Sheila Jackson Lee elbow her way into an aisle position to get herself on television and shake the president's hand.

That alone, for me, makes this speech a win...even before a word is spoken.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

I'm glad to see the dems are showing what petulant punks they really are. On the flipside, it's a shame our country has drawn such a divisive party line in the sand. It has become all about party and little to do with the country.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jason812
Posts in topic: 37

Post by jason812 »

mojo84 wrote:I'm glad to see the dems are showing what petulant punks they really are. On the flipside, it's a shame our country has drawn such a divisive party line in the sand. It has become all about party and little to do with the country.
I thought they were sitting on their hands until I saw the 2 women giving a thumbs down and laughing like they were in junior high.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

jason812 wrote:I thought they were sitting on their hands until I saw the 2 women giving a thumbs down and laughing like they were in junior high.
Pelosi, Schumer, and Cummings pretty much are sitting on their hands. The only time they're applauding is if they absolutely have to or face being lambasted by their constituency. And you can tell every time they put their hands together how much it pains them to applaud anything POTUS says.

I'm going to be really interested to see what the dems rebuttal and MSM talking heads are going to say to try to tear down this speech. I already know they're going to hit immigration, Obamacare, and the raid in Yemen. But the dems initial response (on February 24) focused on "Trump the Divider in Chief"; let's see what they try to do with this speech.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 30

Post by dhoobler »

Does anyone know how many televisions Hillary destroyed tonight?
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

dhoobler wrote:Does anyone know how many televisions Hillary destroyed tonight?
I believe the count is 94. That's how many times the speech was interrupted by applause. Maybe 95 because she might have gone for two during the long sustain while SEAL Ryan Owens was recognized.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

President Trump nailed it. That was awesome.
Just some guy's opinion.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

That was fantastic.

Now get Congress moving!
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Mxrdad wrote:President Trump nailed it. That was awesome.
And on Fox News, right after the initial comments, The New York Times "the truth is" rather ridiculous advertisement was aired.

Former Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is delivering the dems response. And it is scripted--obviously prerecorded--right along the lines of the February 24 press release http://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/2242017/. And this scripted response is falling flat on its back because President Trump's speech knocked the legs out from under that stool before the response aired.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

Skiprr wrote:And on Fox News, right after the initial comments, The New York Times "the truth is" rather ridiculous advertisement was aired.

Former Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is delivering the dems response. And it is scripted--obviously prerecorded--right along the lines of the February 24 press release http://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/2242017/. And this scripted response is falling flat on its back because President Trump's speech knocked the legs out from under that stool before the response aired.
No doubt. The Dems will have to work hard to spin this one........................ but they will. What a shame. How nice would it be if we were all united directly after the Sept. 11, 2001? I truly hope 2018 sends more Dem's packing.
Just some guy's opinion.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

And Texas, particularly Houston, gets to be embarrassed again, and this time not by Sheila Jackson Lee (well, at least not today...not that we know of).

One and only one democrat boycotted President Trump's Address to Congress: Congressman Al Green of Texas's 9th District. Here is the press release he published earlier today (http://algreen.house.gov/press-release/ ... n-congress):
Rep. Al Green (D-TX) wrote:Although my desire was to attend tonight’s Joint Session of Congress, I cannot in good conscience do so given the action taken one day ago by the now Trump Justice Department to withdraw its longstanding claim that the Texas Voter ID law intentionally discriminated against minorities. My action is more than a refusal to attend the joint session, it is my resistance and protestation to the normalization and legitimization of our President’s harmful behavior. Whether by accident or design, the Justice Department is providing Texas with the cover it needs to avoid being placed back under federal supervision, which is what a finding of intentional discrimination could lead to. It appears that the Obama Justice Department, which sought to prevent discrimination, has become the Trump Injustice Department which seeks to protect those who discriminate.
No, Al; the voter ID law does not intentionally or unintentionally discriminate against minorities or any ethnicity, creed, or religion. Who it does discriminate against are those, and only those, who cannot present "documents that verify your identity, U.S. citizenship or lawful presence status, Social Security Number and Texas residency" (http://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/applyforid.htm) in order to obtain a Texas ID card.

Unconscionable isn't it, Al, that a state would want to limit voters to those who are in this country legally.

There are some Texas representatives we really need to vote out of office, Al Green among them.

jason812
Posts in topic: 37

Post by jason812 »

Other than the trillion dollar infrastructure spending and the big government style child care statement, this speech was very refreshing. I was too young to remember Regan but this was the most pro American speech I think I have ever heard from a president. This was by far Trump's best speech. There's not much the dems can argue with about this and with some actual results, they are going to be in trouble come mid terms.
Last edited by jason812 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

Perhaps we can move Houston to Illinois and merge it with Chicago.
Trump speech was a knockout.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Off-Topic”