Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by bblhd672 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/jeff- ... le/2628875

Ugh. This practice needs to end.
It's things like this that lead me to believe that the inevitable was only delayed by defeating Felonia Von Pantsuit.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

jason812 wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:Obamacare repeal (in any form) is dead
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/34 ... hcare-bill

It's going to be an interesting mid-term election.
Hopefully it's taken care of in the primaries.

How many repeal votes did the Republicans have knowing the previous president would not sign or veto the bill? Now that there is a president that will sign a repeal, they are afraid of being labelled as cold hearted or they really do not want it repealed. I'm thinking the latter.
So true, why not first vote on one of those bills that would have passed then? They can tweak it later, nothing is perfect the first time but we need to get rid of Govt. control of our healthcare because it is not about healthcare, it is about people control.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

twomillenium wrote:So true, why not first vote on one of those bills that would have passed then? They can tweak it later, nothing is perfect the first time but we need to get rid of Govt. control of our healthcare because it is not about healthcare, it is about people control.
Because the great majority of elected Republicans are either unwilling to withstand the media storm and jeopardize their position of power or merely Democrats who identify as Republicans.

I have said many times, step one in correcting the health care reform debacle is removing the Obamacare Exemptions from EVERY member of Congress, their staffs and families, powerful unions and lobbyists and other groups who received them. If EVERY American citizen is REQUIRED to participate equally, then change will come.

Frankly, I'm about ready to start voting for any Democrat opposing the establishment Republicans. At least by electing the Dims I am under no false illusions that they have any concern for me or the country.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

So, now we're going to try and full repeal with a 2 year grace period to fix it. OK, lets go. I think this was passed in 2015, so it should be easy, right?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07 ... lapse.html
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:So, now we're going to try and full repeal with a 2 year grace period to fix it. OK, lets go. I think this was passed in 2015, so it should be easy, right?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07 ... lapse.html
This is what they should have done from the start. Make all Republicans get on record voting to either keep, or get rid of, Obamacare.

Then they will have 2 years to craft a health care plan starting with a blank slate, and with Dems knowing that the alternative is a return to pre-ACA days. If Dems want to oppose every proposal at that point, then they will be the ones voting for no government healthcare plan.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

bblhd672 wrote:
twomillenium wrote:So true, why not first vote on one of those bills that would have passed then? They can tweak it later, nothing is perfect the first time but we need to get rid of Govt. control of our healthcare because it is not about healthcare, it is about people control.
Because the great majority of elected Republicans are either unwilling to withstand the media storm and jeopardize their position of power or merely Democrats who identify as Republicans.

I have said many times, step one in correcting the health care reform debacle is removing the Obamacare Exemptions from EVERY member of Congress, their staffs and families, powerful unions and lobbyists and other groups who received them. If EVERY American citizen is REQUIRED to participate equally, then change will come.

Frankly, I'm about ready to start voting for any Democrat opposing the establishment Republicans. At least by electing the Dims I am under no false illusions that they have any concern for me or the country.
That would be like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. At least you will know why the baby is no longer crying. :tiphat:
I think showing support for a new face in the primaries would be a lot better.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I'm taking names so i can vote against these clowns next go round.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

I lost $100 on a bet that I made with a friend. I bet Obamacare would be repealed. How stupid was that bet! The only reason to stay republican is 2ndA issues. Who else could manage to convert a total victory to an absolute defeat? The democrats stink but at least they take orders and vote what they promise. May not bother voting next time around.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

But then, there are the little things that wouldn't even be thought of if the republicans hadn't gained control of both houses:
On Thursday the House Appropriations Committee passed a Fiscal Year 2018 Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations bill that ties ATF funding to the roll-back of certain gun regulations.
http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/ ... gulations/

It's small, doesn't make up for no ACA repeal or HPA passage, but that counts as at least a small plus in my book.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Trump's new communications director may not be so 2nd Amendment friendly. Hopefully he won't have any influence in this area.

Last edited by mojo84 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Beiruty »

Trump has to stop self-inflicted wounds. Too many mayhem is going on in the west wing.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:Trump's new communications director may not be so 2nd Amendment friendly. Hopefully he won't have Abby influence in this area.

I don't follow teeeter, so I can't verify the accuracy of that twitting. But it sounds a lot like left wing drivel to me.
Even if it can be attributed to the new press secretary, he has no legislative control. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”