Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by mojo84 »

Looks like the liberal progressive trolls are uniting.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 52

Post by bbhack »

philbo wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:49 pm Ex-Trump campaign aide Papadopoulos sentenced to 14 days in prison, one year of supervised release, 200 hours of community service and he was also ordered to pay a fine of $9,500.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... op+News%29

Moss (the judge) said he wanted to impose some prison time because while he did not “remotely believe Mr. Papadopoulos was seeking to assist the Russian government,” he was nevertheless troubled by Papadopoulos’ selfish motives to lie to the FBI so that he would not lose a shot at getting a possible job in the Trump administration. During Friday’s hearing, Papadopoulos’ attorney Thomas Breen went out his way to praise the FBI, and he also criticized Trump for calling the Russia probe fake news and a witch hunt. “The president of the United States hindered this investigation more than George Papadopoulos ever could,” Breen told the judge.

Another conviction. :patriot:
And this is bad for Trump or the administration how? A complete nobody gets a hand slap, and please explain where this leads. I can give a hint. Starts with "no", ends in "where".

Just another reminder - don't talk to the FBI ever.

And what's up with his worthless attorney, praising the FBI? Grounds for appeal.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Liberty
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Liberty »

bbhack wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:51 pm
Just another reminder - don't talk to the FBI ever.

And what's up with his worthless attorney, praising the FBI? Grounds for appeal.
I would take it further. Don't talk to any Fed any more than Necessary, ever. FBI, IRS, BATF, EPA, Attorney General, Border Patrol, ICE, or Post Office clerk. No good will come of it. And they are motivated to steal your freedom and property any what they can. They can turn your life into a living Hades, and you can do little to defend yourself. They hate you because you are free.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Trump’s wall to end 250 years of this families ranching on the Rio Grande.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 52

Post by bbhack »

philip964 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:06 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Their problem was how 500000 acres went to 77 acres. I'm sure WaPo can find 1000 stories where public use impinges upon an ideal.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 18

Post by PriestTheRunner »

bbhack wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:01 am
philip964 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:06 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

Their problem was how 500000 acres went to 77 acres. I'm sure WaPo can find 1000 stories where public use impinges upon an ideal.
Ya I read that and it sounds like great-great grand-daddy sold off a crap ton of land without telling anyone. Either that or split inheritance 50 times to get down to smaller and smaller lots. But framing the story as if the government has seized 99% of their land over the centuries without any proof is kinda bull and makes the whole thing stink.

Also, when drafters are laying out the wall (or in my experience, roads) and where it will go, they are told to take it through the most developed portion of the land unless a significant section of property (as well as the developments) can be saved. This is done to force the government to buy the house as well as the land and for the current residents to get the most money out of it. If the government has to buy the house, it is much easier to get payment for full value of the house as well as any land that is taken, rather than leaving a (now worthless) house on a small lot that they could not sell if they wanted too. I wouldn't be opposed to a requirement that any lands outside of the wall be lawfully purchased and owned in full by the US, though.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/clim ... s-epa.html

Trump relaxing rules on methane emissions.

Cows can finally emit in peace again.

More winning.

DEB
Posts in topic: 9

Post by DEB »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:22 am
bbhack wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:01 am

Ya I read that and it sounds like great-great grand-daddy sold off a crap ton of land without telling anyone. Either that or split inheritance 50 times to get down to smaller and smaller lots. But framing the story as if the government has seized 99% of their land over the centuries without any proof is kinda bull and makes the whole thing stink.

Also, when drafters are laying out the wall (or in my experience, roads) and where it will go, they are told to take it through the most developed portion of the land unless a significant section of property (as well as the developments) can be saved. This is done to force the government to buy the house as well as the land and for the current residents to get the most money out of it. If the government has to buy the house, it is much easier to get payment for full value of the house as well as any land that is taken, rather than leaving a (now worthless) house on a small lot that they could not sell if they wanted too. I wouldn't be opposed to a requirement that any lands outside of the wall be lawfully purchased and owned in full by the US, though.
The problem with the way the wall is going to be laid out, as I see it, is that everything south of said wall will become Mexico, regardless with what the US Government says. There isn't any such thing as non-occupied land. The Mexicans will simply move into that empty area, build homes and really simply colonize it, all the way to the South side of the wall. Heck, I would if I was Mexican. Free land for the taking, get enough of us together and the Border Patrol would just simply move to the North side of the wall, as even they will be trapped on the South side if something happened. Might even become some sort of no-man's land, kinda like what Deadwood was like, or the Panhandle in Oklahoma, or even what happened previously on this same border, when the Rio Grande moved a bit and an Island developed. I believe that an illegal boxing match was even scheduled on said Island in the past. Wyatt Earp was going to referee? Mexico probably won't police this strip, the Border Patrol probably won't police this strip, except as required, so a no-man's land. I just don't know how much land the US is going to cede for building the wall. It will sure be interesting in the future.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 27

Post by RoyGBiv »

philip964 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:08 pm https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/10/clim ... s-epa.html

Trump relaxing rules on methane emissions.

Cows can finally emit in peace again.

More winning.
So it's ok for the cows to let the cat out??

(thanks for the laugh!)
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

sugar land dave.
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sugar land dave. »

Just a quick post of remembrance for those New Yorkers who suffered and died on 9/11.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

sugar land dave. wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:06 pm Just a quick post of remembrance for those New Yorkers who suffered and died on 9/11.
Fire commander who was there and survived in a cocoon under the debris of the hotel next door said on the radio this morning that Trump had always supported N.Y. firefighters and police. Said it started long before he ran or considered running for office.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Hotel.html

Open season on Republicans, mass shooting threat at MAGA event.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:09 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Hotel.html

Open season on Republicans, mass shooting threat at MAGA event.

But that's OK, because Twitter, is only censoring conservative opinions. If you are leftist, you can have an anonymous, account, and threaten violence.

:mad5 :mad5
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... nsus-says/

Poverty down, middle class income up says Census Dept.

More winning.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

philip964 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:38 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... nsus-says/

Poverty down, middle class income up says Census Dept.

More winning.
"I'm disappointed that, here we are in the United States, arguing over who's going to build a wall, and what immigrant is coming in or not, when there are large issues related to things like infrastructure and energy policy and food management and research in the frontier of science, technology, engineering and math, which will fuel tomorrow's economic growth. Without that, we'll just watch the rest of the world pass us by, as they're kind of already doing. We're becoming less and less relevant on the world stage. So I fear for the future of the United States." NdGT

Are we too worried about today or tomorrow and not enough about next year?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Return to “Off-Topic”