Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by Jusme »

Mxrdad wrote:
Jusme wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:
Skiprr wrote:Best--and shortest--comment of the day from Fox: "Today we are seeing the legacy of the Obama administration. Donald Trump is that legacy."
:iagree: I heard that too. What a great day. I am so happy I would go outside and dance naked but they kinda frown on those things around here.

Hey I'm trying to eat lunch, you trying to ruin my appetite? :biggrinjester:
"rlol" I guess I should just settle for Placing that wonderful American Flag up instead! I'll even do it wearing clothing! Carry ON! :rolll

Yeah it probably wouldn't look too good to see the headline: "Trump Supporter Arrested for Indecent Exposure" Especially on inauguration day!! :smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

K5CLC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K5CLC »

I stepped outside after the Inauguration and fired up a big stogie. The air outside smells crisp and clean, just like FREEDOM.
God bless the USA, God Bless our new President Donald J Trump, and God bless us all.
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

Unconfirmed report has Senate confirming Gen. Mattis as SecDef by vote of 98-1.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

bblhd672 wrote:Unconfirmed report has Senate confirming Gen. Mattis as SecDef by vote of 98-1.
I've seen it several places. Off to a good start.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... al-office/

Trump has Churchill bust returned to Oval Office
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

From Trump's facebook page:

"Earlier today I signed three executive orders:
1. Withdraw the U.S. from the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP.)
2. Reinstate the Mexico City Policy dealing with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and abortion access.
3. A complete freeze on federal workforce hiring - with the EXCEPTION of our United States Military."

From the Daily Caller: I believe he was appointed on Saturday so this is Sunday.

"Newly minted Secretary of Defense James Mattis celebrated his first full day at the Pentagon by overseeing 31 strikes against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. Mattis entered the Pentagon Saturday with a smile for his first full day of work, and for good reason, considering the significant bombardment ISIS forces received. A variety of fighters, bombers and remotely piloted aircraft engaged in the bombing run, which saw 25 strikes in Syria and six in Iraq. In Syria, two strikes destroyed ISIS units and artillery near the town of Bab. ISIS forces in Raqqa, the terrorist group’s de facto capital, took a heavy beating, as 22 strikes destroyed 12 tactical units, nine fighting positions, two underground improvised explosive bomb factories and an ISIS headquarters. The final strike targeted two ISIS oil wells in Deir ez Zour."

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I think I saw somewhere one of the ISIS leaders was injured or killed. Seems like a good start to me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

Let's be sure to keep this thread going. Trump did more for American workers before he took office than BHO did in the last 8 years.
Also he has given notice to Radical Jihadists that they will not be tolerated, like BHO did. There is nothing better than someone fulfilling their campaign promises once they take office.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

Jusme wrote:Let's be sure to keep this thread going. Trump did more for American workers before he took office than BHO did in the last 8 years.
Also he has given notice to Radical Jihadists that they will not be tolerated, like BHO did. There is nothing better than someone fulfilling their campaign promises once they take office.
Amen brother. :cheers2:
Just some guy's opinion.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Tuesday morning, President Donald Trump signed three new executive orders:

1) Keystone pipeline approval, with the requirement piping used for construction be made in America

2) Dakota Access pipeline approval, with the requirement piping used for construction be made in America

3) Expediting environmental reviews for building permits

Additionally, President Trump:
1) Met with leaders of the automobile industry to discuss manufacturing within the United States.

2) Told the EPA to shut up - no social media, no announcements, no new grants or contracts.

3) Had his appointment of Nikki Haley as ambassador to the U.N. confirmed.

More to come I'm sure. Keeps those swamp pumps going sir!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I've been debating with some millennial malcontents on Twitter because they are upset he hasn't completed all of his campaign promises such as build the wall and thinks he is going to renege on them.

I am curious about Pres. Trump's decision to keep Comey. Any thoughts on that for me?

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

mojo84 wrote:I've been debating with some millennial malcontents on Twitter because they are upset he hasn't completed all of his campaign promises such as build the wall and thinks he is going to renege on them.

I am curious about Pres. Trump's decision to keep Comey. Any thoughts on that for me?
patience daniel son.... Trump has done more in these TWO DAYS than Obama did in his first YEAR.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

bblhd672,

I'm no longer in the know, (I'm retired) but at times the company I worked for had to source "Line Pipe" from international suppliers, often Japan, France and Mexico to name a few, simply because domestic manufacturers couldn't meet our demands. Not demands for better costs, but quantity...and at times high grade line pipe.

Without getting terribly technical we required high grade, seamless line pipe and domestic line pipe manufacturers simply couldn't meet our needs, thus we had to look for it globally. They, domestic suppliers, didn't or couldn't make the quantities we needed. I'm a big Trump fan. I hope his "buy domestic line pipe" can be met, and not run into the same dismal lack of U.S. manufacturers making high quality line pipe we ran into years ago. However, I doubt it given the former President's attitude towards business and it's need for less regulation...and his want to over regulate anything business-wise...

We would fly in the company jet to these lands to witness the manufacturing processes and distribution. Most often they were very high quality manufacturers and we would approve buying from them. The balance of the world understands the need for high quality line pipe. yeah, I know, something most haven't a clue about, but if only you knew how important it is...

We were a team. One metallurgist, one purchasing management guy (me) one company bureaucrat, and a few other guys. We flew all over the world seeking the best product for us and wished we could find it in the U.S.A.

Those were fun days.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

mojo84 wrote:I've been debating with some millennial malcontents on Twitter because they are upset he hasn't completed all of his campaign promises such as build the wall and thinks he is going to renege on them.

Perhaps "bigger fish to fry" right now than dealing with Comey. Maybe he wants to get the new AG in place and let him deal with Comey.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote:bblhd672,

I'm no longer in the know, (I'm retired) but at times the company I worked for had to source "Line Pipe" from international suppliers, often Japan, France and Mexico to name a few, simply because domestic manufacturers couldn't meet our demands. Not demands for better costs, but quantity...and at times high grade line pipe.

Without getting terribly technical we required high grade, seamless line pipe and domestic line pipe manufacturers simply couldn't meet our needs, thus we had to look for it globally. They, domestic suppliers, didn't or couldn't make the quantities we needed. I'm a big Trump fan. I hope his "buy domestic line pipe" can be met, and not run into the same dismal lack of U.S. manufacturers making high quality line pipe we ran into years ago. However, I doubt it given the former President's attitude towards business and it's need for less regulation...and his want to over regulate anything business-wise...

We would fly in the company jet to these lands to witness the manufacturing processes and distribution. Most often they were very high quality manufacturers and we would approve buying from them. The balance of the world understands the need for high quality line pipe. yeah, I know, something most haven't a clue about, but if only you knew how important it is...

We were a team. One metallurgist, one purchasing management guy (me) one company bureaucrat, and a few other guys. We flew all over the world seeking the best product for us and wished we could find it in the U.S.A.

Those were fun days.
Having served in ships designed to sink, I fully understand the requirement for high quality piping.

That United States companies are non longer able (or even still in business) to produce the highest quality products is part of what I believe Mr. Trump wants to change. Removing the government placed obstacles (regulations/restrictions/etc) from manufacturing will help a great deal.

I really hope that this change (pun intended :mrgreen:) results in record low unemployment for our country's citizens.

Return to “Off-Topic”