Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by Jusme »

Skiprr wrote:The DOW crosses 20,000 for the first time in history. I'll have to do a little research to see what its performance has been under the Trump influence, but I know the first was a record high close last November 10, after the vote...and that record was barely over 18,000.
It has remained high since the election, there was a slight downturn in December, but I think it was in response to higher foreign oil prices, but it has been climbing steadily since, and I don't think that 20,000 number will be the top out. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/ ... rters.html

A waitress at a Washington D.C. restaurant received a very generous tip ($450 tip on a $72.60 order) and a warm message on her receipt from three men from West Texas who were in town for President Donald Trump’s inauguration.
“We may come from different cultures and may disagree on certain issues, but if everyone would share their smile and kindness like your beautiful smile, our country will come together as one people. Not race. Not gender. Just American. God Bless!"
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Skiprr wrote:The DOW crosses 20,000 for the first time in history. I'll have to do a little research to see what its performance has been under the Trump influence, but I know the first was a record high close last November 10, after the vote...and that record was barely over 18,000.
Headline I saw said up 1,667 points since the election.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 3

Post by vjallen75 »

Jusme wrote:
dale blanker wrote:Things are happening very fast in the oval office. The president seems to still be in campaign mode and concerned about things like inauguration day crowd size and popular vote so it doesn't seem like he'd be able to give much thought to what's happening. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall to see how things are being developed and who is really doing it?
Dale, don't buy in to what the media says about what Trump is placing value on. They are doing everything to goad, criticize, and ridicule his every word. He has responded to some of them, which has given them more ammunition. They hate the fact that he is using social media to communicate directly with the American people, and not going through them.
Instead look at the results. He has hit the ground running, and begun a process, that will have positive effects across the country, and around the world. He has had conversations with world leaders, and has planned meetings with several of them. The orders he signed, especially regarding the pipeline, were just reinforcements of agreements that BHO had reneged on. The only thing slowing him down, is the Congressional Committee, delaying the confirmation of his Cabinet members. Once they are in place, the speed at which things get done will increase exponentially. JMHO
President Trump is already sticking to his campaign promises. Look at the executive orders he has already signed. Look at all the people he has met with even before his inauguration. I am very excited for our country at the direction it seems to be going in. President Trump's entire campaign has been for the people. I believe he will turn around the republican party for generations to come. I think he could bridge the gap for minorities and remove them from democratic imprisonment.

:patriot:
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

vjallen75 wrote: I think he could bridge the gap for minorities and remove them from democratic imprisonment.

:patriot:
:iagree: Of all the important things that President Trump needs to accomplish, this one should be near the top of the list, not only for POTUS but for the entire Republican Party. We (POTUS, Repub Congress and us deplorables) have to find ways to lift these people out of the bonds that have been placed upon them by decades of Democrat rule in their cities.
I see the masses of people who blindly follow whatever their elected Democrat rep tells them as the key to the future of our country. Breaking that bond by actually bringing about change to their situation is critical - good paying jobs, decreased crime, safer neighborhoods, quality schools and teachers that are educating and not indoctrinating. Creating partnerships with minority groups that want real change and not more poverty, joblessness, crime and ignorance for their people.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Skiprr »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
On November 4, the Dow closed at 17,888.28. It's hovering at 20,075 at the moment, and I'll bet it closes above 20,000. If it does, that will be an over 2,100 point increase in just a few weeks.

I had to go back and check, and admittedly we were coming out of a recession at the time, but on 11/20/2008, following President Obama's first election, the Dow closed at 7,552,29. On 3/9/2009, it had its lowest close in a decade at 6,547.05. The confidence of business in a president's administration does make a difference in the economy.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

Skiprr wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
On November 4, the Dow closed at 17,888.28. It's hovering at 20,075 at the moment, and I'll bet it closes above 20,000. If it does, that will be an over 2,100 point increase in just a few weeks.

I had to go back and check, and admittedly we were coming out of a recession at the time, but on 11/20/2008, following President Obama's first election, the Dow closed at 7,552,29. On 3/9/2009, it had its lowest close in a decade at 6,547.05. The confidence of business in a president's administration does make a difference in the economy.

Absolutely,

Trump has made no secret of his desire to increase business in the US, and has already met with several CEOs and other top executives, to detail his plans. The stock market is just a reflection of the public's optimism in that objective. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Skiprr »

Priceless: NBC News just stated that the Dow crossing over 20,000 is due to the strong economic growth the new administration inherited from President Obama. You simply can't make this stuff up, folks.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

dale blanker wrote:Things are happening very fast in the oval office. The president seems to still be in campaign mode and concerned about things like inauguration day crowd size and popular vote so it doesn't seem like he'd be able to give much thought to what's happening. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall to see how things are being developed and who is really doing it?
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" Good one. I'm with you Dale, its obviously fake news, glad you see it for that! You should post the source of this news.
Just some guy's opinion.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

In another thread, there was a debate on the last Administrations accomplishments and I openly said I couldn't think of ANY positive accomplishments. Well, turns out I was wrong. I now have to openly apologize as I can now see, thanks to the link below, there are several positive accomplishments. So, I apologize for my mistake.

Hopefully, this link will work. If not,maybe someone with more smarts than me could fix it?

https://libertywritersnews.com/2017/01/ ... priceless/
Just some guy's opinion.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Mxrdad wrote:In another thread, there was a debate on the last Administrations accomplishments and I openly said I couldn't think of ANY positive accomplishments. Well, turns out I was wrong. I now have to openly apologize as I can now see, thanks to the link below, there are several positive accomplishments. So, I apologize for my mistake.

Hopefully, this link will work. If not,maybe someone with more smarts than me could fix it?

We should not forget that he was the BEST Salesperson ever for the firearms industry! :biggrinjester:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

Mxrdad wrote:In another thread, there was a debate on the last Administrations accomplishments and I openly said I couldn't think of ANY positive accomplishments. Well, turns out I was wrong. I now have to openly apologize as I can now see, thanks to the link below, there are several positive accomplishments. So, I apologize for my mistake.

:thumbs2: "rlol" :thumbs2:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

oljames3
Posts in topic: 20

Post by oljames3 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:We should not forget that he was the BEST Salesperson ever for the firearms industry! :biggrinjester:
Yep. #6 on Uncle Ted's list.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

mojo84 wrote:
Dale, you choose to not understand as is doesn't fit with your agenda and political position. Do you not realize the bigger picture that Trump is trying to bring attention? It's about the media being biased and dishonest, not the size of,the crowd.
Hey, wait, what? I'm not passing judgment on anything. Just curious about how things are happening - why so much time is wasted on trivial things like crowd size in Spicer's first 2 press conferences. And then there's unsupported claims about voter fraud. Maybe the objective is to annoy and distract the left - ok, how does that help anything? Kid stuff?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

dale blanker wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Dale, you choose to not understand as is doesn't fit with your agenda and political position. Do you not realize the bigger picture that Trump is trying to bring attention? It's about the media being biased and dishonest, not the size of,the crowd.
Hey, wait, what? I'm not passing judgment on anything. Just curious about how things are happening - why so much time is wasted on trivial things like crowd size in Spicer's first 2 press conferences. And then there's unsupported claims about voter fraud. Maybe the objective is to annoy and distract the left - ok, how does that help anything? Kid stuff?
While you were whining, this:

Text of Trump's executive order on interior immigration enforcement
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... tates.html

Text of Trump's executive order on border security
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... ments.html
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Off-Topic”