Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rafe
Posts in topic: 37

Re: Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Post by Rafe »

As if biased and incompetent journalism isn't enough, today we see some of what the future might hold as AI-generated, bogus images of Trump's "arrest" surfaced. These are completely fake, folks...so of course they're on the internet as "evidence" of his arrest:

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Ruark
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Ruark »

Yeah, you can tell they're fake. Look at the difference in the clothes, etc. between the cops in the 2nd and third pictures. This AI is really getting out of control. People can use it to do anything against somebody else. I wonder if eventually we'll have laws against "AI abuse." There are a LOT of people out there that would be completely fooled by these pictures.
-Ruark

mayor
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mayor »

Ruark wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:03 pm Yeah, you can tell they're fake. Look at the difference in the clothes, etc. between the cops in the 2nd and third pictures. This AI is really getting out of control. People can use it to do anything against somebody else. I wonder if eventually we'll have laws against "AI abuse." There are a LOT of people out there that would be completely fooled by these pictures.
Only stupid people.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

March 22, 2023

This may be fake news wishful thinking.

After all it’s a photo of a tweet.

Says arrest postponed due to exculpatory evidence not presented or given to defense.

Didnt know that went on in a Grand Jury.

The ole DA can get an indictment on a ham sandwich.

March 23, 2023

https://apple.news/AwDcTLHQWSNmIRHheI6Cnfw

NY DA whining Trump and Republicans picking on me. How long till race card is used?

March 25, 2023

https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-explo ... ng-a-crime

Trump exploits little known legal loophole to avoid indictment.

March25, 2023

Ted rocks Nation Anthem at Trump rally on the 30th anniversary in Waco where federal agents burned 26 children to death.

6 years and one day 12 more children died at Columbine.

March 30, 2023

https://apple.news/A2-t_x8ypQ_G0Qyrmtwc72w

Trump indicted.

April 5, 2023

Trump visits New York for his arraignment. Fortunately goes without incident. Brandon could stop this but doesn’t. Pity for him and his family. Bill Clinton says he’s sorry he got Ukraine to give up its nukes.

Attachments
D1DF6F76-E0D7-45AC-BBE8-D1E75DCB60FF.jpeg
Last edited by philip964 on Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

seph
Posts in topic: 6

Post by seph »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ources-say
Two sources familiar told Fox News Digital on Wednesday that the grand jury was canceled amid "major dissension" within the district attorney's office. One source claimed the district attorney is having trouble convincing the grand jury on potential charges due to the "weakness" of the case.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 36

Post by powerboatr »

well he is to be arrainged on tuesday on charges that are still unreleased even to the plantiff

how can you be told to turn yourself in for booking on charges that you have not been made formally aware of? maybe i stated that wrong.
but if the indictments are still sealed...how can one be expected to turn yourself in on charges that you have not seen, so at the hearing you have legal representation to argue the merits of the charge or NON merits of the charge?
news says he will be formally read the indictment on tuesday at his arraignment hearing
i am very confused ...could just be my ignorance of law??
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

powerboatr wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:10 pm well he is to be arrainged on tuesday on charges that are still unreleased even to the plantiff

how can you be told to turn yourself in for booking on charges that you have not been made formally aware of? maybe i stated that wrong.
but if the indictments are still sealed...how can one be expected to turn yourself in on charges that you have not seen, so at the hearing you have legal representation to argue the merits of the charge or NON merits of the charge?
news says he will be formally read the indictment on tuesday at his arraignment hearing
This is a misunderstanding of the way the court process works. It is caused, at least in part, by most of us learning our law from TV and not getting a real education in the process. Of course, the hope is that you will never really need to understand this process fully anyway.

In general, when a grand jury returns an indictment it is a public record. In small towns, the newspaper runs a list of the indictments (people and charges) each session of the grand jury. Most people find out the charges when they are arrested on the warrants that are automatically generated when the indictment is returned. Many people who already know about the charges (arrested and released on bond pending the indictment) get to arrange to turn themselves in to see the magistrate instead of being arrested.

An indictment can be kept sealed when there is some valid reason to not let people know about it. This could be they think the suspect would flee if he knew, or that some evidence could be destroyed, or that there are non-indicted co-conspirators that could be scared off. In this case, my gut feeling says this is why the indictment was sealed. But to arrest the first suspect, they have to unseal at least parts of the indictment because he has the right to be informed of the charges against him.

But the arraignment (or magistration as we call it) is a hearing where the suspect is told of the charges against him, read his rights to make sure he understands them, and enters his plea. The judge will then set the terms of the bail. BTW, the SCOTUS says this is the first adversarial court hearing and that you have the right to have a lawyer represent you at the arraignment )and the state must pay for it if you cannot afford it).

What I have been looking at is a real potential flaw in the procedure. If a person is indicted in one state, and is arrested in another state, he has to be extradited between the states. If someone were to arrest Trump in Florida, DeSantis has already said that Florida would not extradite him. What would Bragg do then? If Trump refused to turn him self in, would there be a warrant in the system for him? The originating state has to say if they will come pick him up from the extradition. If the originating state said no, he gets let go in his home state again. In every state Trump goes to, he could do the same thing. Let them arrest him and be cooperative with them, but not waive his extradition and make NY agree to come get him. Obviously he would need to avoid New York, but no one with any taste wants to go there anyway. It would be a fun way to campaign anyway.

My last thought on this is that it is going to backfire badly on the Democrats. It will drive more people to support Trump because of the harassment. That will help him win the whole thing. I know they are trying to help him get the nomination because they think he will be easier to defeat in the main event. If they are right, then they already have plans to steal the next election also. And that WILL touch off the revolution, IMO. It means they are plotting to destroy this country (if there was any doubt of that, we have the timeline now).
Steve Rothstein

Rafe
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Rafe »

And if things about the Dims' view of the democratic republic weren't clear enough, there was Nancy Pelosi's stellar Tweet about the indictment:

Nancy Pelosi roasted over Trump indictment tweet saying he has a right ‘to prove innocence’ at trial
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nancy- ... ence-trial

"A cardinal principal of the justice system in the United States is presumption of innocence"
"The Grand Jury has acted upon the facts and the law," Pelosi wrote. "No one is above the law, and everyone has the right to a trial to prove innocence. Hopefully, the former President will peacefully respect the system, which grants him that right."
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

srothstein wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:11 pm
powerboatr wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:10 pm well he is to be arrainged on tuesday on charges that are still unreleased even to the plantiff

This is a misunderstanding of the way the court process works. It is caused, at least in part, by most of us learning our law from TV and not getting a real education in the process. Of course, the hope is that you will never really need to understand this process fully anyway.

In general, when a grand jury returns an indictment it is a public record. In small towns, the newspaper runs a list of the indictments (people and charges) each session of the grand jury. Most people find out the charges when they are arrested on the warrants that are automatically generated when the indictment is returned. Many people who already know about the charges (arrested and released on bond pending the indictment) get to arrange to turn themselves in to see the magistrate instead of being arrested.

An indictment can be kept sealed when there is some valid reason to not let people know about it. This could be they think the suspect would flee if he knew, or that some evidence could be destroyed, or that there are non-indicted co-conspirators that could be scared off. In this case, my gut feeling says this is why the indictment was sealed. But to arrest the first suspect, they have to unseal at least parts of the indictment because he has the right to be informed of the charges against him.

But the arraignment (or magistration as we call it) is a hearing where the suspect is told of the charges against him, read his rights to make sure he understands them, and enters his plea. The judge will then set the terms of the bail. BTW, the SCOTUS says this is the first adversarial court hearing and that you have the right to have a lawyer represent you at the arraignment )and the state must pay for it if you cannot afford it).

What I have been looking at is a real potential flaw in the procedure. If a person is indicted in one state, and is arrested in another state, he has to be extradited between the states. If someone were to arrest Trump in Florida, DeSantis has already said that Florida would not extradite him. What would Bragg do then? If Trump refused to turn him self in, would there be a warrant in the system for him? The originating state has to say if they will come pick him up from the extradition. If the originating state said no, he gets let go in his home state again. In every state Trump goes to, he could do the same thing. Let them arrest him and be cooperative with them, but not waive his extradition and make NY agree to come get him. Obviously he would need to avoid New York, but no one with any taste wants to go there anyway. It would be a fun way to campaign anyway.

My last thought on this is that it is going to backfire badly on the Democrats. It will drive more people to support Trump because of the harassment. That will help him win the whole thing. I know they are trying to help him get the nomination because they think he will be easier to defeat in the main event. If they are right, then they already have plans to steal the next election also. And that WILL touch off the revolution, IMO. It means they are plotting to destroy this country (if there was any doubt of that, we have the timeline now).
thank you i admit i am not versed in the legal system that well, I know i was rights violated in NM but NM is as bad as NY for being above board
many many things you addressed have been sitting in my mind pretty hard
it seems very IRAN court or Turkey court system ..
would be interesting if trump flipped off NY and decides not to show up and see what fl will do.
SS already stated, he is not staying in ny and he is not being handcuffed and he is not placing in jail cell. we shall see what evolves or devolves tuesday
if democrats want a full fledged RESET of the country..it might be
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Grayling813 »

Perfect Storm by T.L. Davis
https://tldavis.substack.com/p/perfect-storm

Outtake below…RTWT
Despite what you might think, this isn’t about Trump. Trump never has been Trump. Trump has always been a proxy for traditional and patriotic Americans, believers in the concepts of individual rights, self-determination, self-reliance, private property and capitalism. For all of their weaknesses, these things produce strong, vibrant economies, strong militaries and relatively safe and secure homes and businesses. The systematic undermining of these principles have led us to this moment.

When Trump announced that he would seek to end illegal immigration and protect our borders he verbalized what no other Republican had been able to whisper, that there was something special about America and it was worth defending against invaders. That was a sin so grievous that he had to be stopped, because it defended us, exalted the individual American, the patriot, a being so hated by the left that any success Trump had would be a success of the America Obama had nearly destroyed and Hillary certainly would have.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Trump proposes national concealed carry reciprocity at NRA convention.

Yes please, daddy.

April 17, 2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... -PTSD.html

Kathy Griffen has extreme PTSD for her beheaded Trump photo stunt. Has panic attacks all the time, is now a victim.

April 25, 2023

May 9, 2023

Trump to appeal verdict in E Jean Carroll civil case, says he has 'absolutely no idea' who she is

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... who-she-is

Awards 5 million to woman.
Last edited by philip964 on Tue May 09, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

Cornyn was boasting about introducing this recently. I don't think we need a new law to have nationwide carry, we need the unconstitutional restrictions removed.
Despite that, where was the push for nationwide reciprocity when Trump was in the white house and republicans controlled the house and senate?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Boxerrider wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:28 pm Cornyn was boasting about introducing this recently. I don't think we need a new law to have nationwide carry, we need the unconstitutional restrictions removed.
Despite that, where was the push for nationwide reciprocity when Trump was in the white house and republicans controlled the house and senate?
Trump was immediately accused of being a Russian traitor, and the house and senate backed away from cooperating with him less they be accused of being traitors too. The only time they worked together was to pass a law to allow the local, state and federal government to tax 100% of your yearly income. It was disguised as a “tax cut”. It was also the only time the press went along with Trump by calling it a “ tax cut” without looking further.

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

philip964 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:51 pm
Boxerrider wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:28 pm Cornyn was boasting about introducing this recently. I don't think we need a new law to have nationwide carry, we need the unconstitutional restrictions removed.
Trump was immediately accused of being a Russian traitor, and the house and senate backed away from cooperating with him less they be accused of being traitors too. The only time they worked together was to pass a law to allow the local, state and federal government to tax 100% of your yearly income. It was disguised as a “tax cut”. It was also the only time the press went along with Trump by calling it a “ tax cut” without looking further.
True, and it says a lot about the state of our republic.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Grayling813 »

Does Trump Truly Support the Second Amendment?
https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/ ... ort/472028

Return to “Off-Topic”