Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/politics ... index.html

ABC has an interview with Melania.

CNN focuses on alleged affairs.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

Finally something I can't agree with Trump about, increased ethanol in gasoline. Terrible stuff in gasoline.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

rotor wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:45 am Finally something I can't agree with Trump about, increased ethanol in gasoline. Terrible stuff in gasoline.
He must be impeached. He has stepped out of line and now all of his decisions have been rendered bad and anti-American. Away with him and let's get a good president.

<end sarcasm>

I disagree with this decision. Every now and then I spend the extra and purchase ethanol free gas and I feel like my truck runs better and gets better gas mileage without ethanol. I haven't done a close study of this and it may just be placebo.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

flechero
Posts in topic: 77

Post by flechero »

rotor wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:45 am Finally something I can't agree with Trump about, increased ethanol in gasoline. Terrible stuff in gasoline.
I had a similar thought... good for corn farmers, but few others.
mojo84 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:54 am

I disagree with this decision. Every now and then I spend the extra and purchase ethanol free gas and I feel like my truck runs better and gets better gas mileage without ethanol. I haven't done a close study of this and it may just be placebo.
Don't think so- I can't find it right now but there was a published paper back when ethanol gas was just coming out saying that 10% ethanol gas reduced mileage of the average vehicle by 10-12%. So it may be a tad cheaper and cleaner, but the extra consumption deletes any advantage I see with it.

jason812
Posts in topic: 37

Post by jason812 »

:iagree:

This stuff kills carbs in small engines.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

jason812 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:21 am
:iagree:

This stuff kills carbs in small engines.
I've had to clean, rebuild or replace the carbs on all of my small engines. It stinks.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

Feinstein can't understand why Trump won't accept her recommendations, for lower court judges. :confused5 :confused5

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... t-n2527940

Maybe her demetia has blocked her memory. I know she couldn't seem to remember, if she had leaked Ford's identity to the media. :headscratch
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

https://apnews.com/1d27849b00a745979699c996adcee7d7

Trump prays in the Oval Office. With released pastor.

Imprisoned in Turkey during end of Obama Administration.

More winning.

Nutcracker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Nutcracker »

flechero wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am
I had a similar thought... good for corn farmers, but few others.
mojo84 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:54 am

Don't think so- I can't find it right now but there was a published paper back when ethanol gas was just coming out saying that 10% ethanol gas reduced mileage of the average vehicle by 10-12%. So it may be a tad cheaper and cleaner, but the extra consumption deletes any advantage I see with it.
It's a boobdongle. It doesn't reduce fossil fuel use blended with gasoline because of the lower fuel efficiency. The best thing the federal government could do is get rid of the subsidies, tax credits, and the renewable volume obligation. So it probably won't happen.
Ho, Ho! Hey, Hey!
Kavanaugh is here to stay!

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

There was an interesting interview with the President on 60 Minutes yesterday.

Worth a look in case you missed it....
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-tru ... 018-10-14/
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

dale blanker wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 pm There was an interesting interview with the President on 60 Minutes yesterday.

Ah, ol' Dale resurfaces. I watch it when it happened. The biased obnoxious Stahl interrupted Trump every time he tried to say something because he wasn't saying what she wants to hear. That was nothing but an attempt at a biased gotcha hit piece.

All she wanted to talk about was whatever was negative and wanted to ignore any and all positive. Just like a couple posters on here.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 pm
dale blanker wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 pm There was an interesting interview with the President on 60 Minutes yesterday.

Ah, ol' Dale resurfaces. I watch it when it happened. The biased obnoxious Stahl interrupted Trump every time he tried to say something because he wasn't saying what she wants to hear. That was nothing but an attempt at a biased gotcha hit piece.

All she wanted to talk about was whatever was negative and wanted to ignore any and all positive. Just like a couple posters on here.
Thanks mojo for your astute appraisal of Lesley Stahl and 60 Minutes. Doggone, I used to think 60 Minutes was pretty reputable... but now I see that it's just more journalistic conspiracy against the administration. :roll:
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

dale blanker wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:14 pm
mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Thanks mojo for your astute appraisal of Lesley Stahl and 60 Minutes. Doggone, I used to think 60 Minutes was pretty reputable... but now I see that it's just more journalistic conspiracy against the administration. :roll:
You are welcome. I knew my comments would be beneficial to those blinded by their own progressive liberal bias and hate for Trump.

At one time many years ago, 60 Minutes was considered reputable. That time has long passed.

KLB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KLB »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:18 pm At one time many years ago, 60 Minutes was considered reputable. That time has long passed.
Virtually all the media are nothing more than the public-relations arm of the Democratic National Committee.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Trump interrupted 60 times more than Obama in less time.

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/10/15 ... interview/

Return to “Off-Topic”