Could use a little advice

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chuck j
Posts in topic: 5

Could use a little advice

Post by chuck j »

Planning an antiabortion project . Got several , many actually with LTC , should they carry or no ? I plan on carrying myself . It's church organized . Will be at a major intersection on the easement . Trying to make this a success with no problems . Trying to figure out the if , ands, buts and maybes . Any input would be considered . Thank you .

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Could use a little advice

Post by cmgee67 »

First off good for you and your church. It is very important to spread Pro Life messages. I would carry that is for certain. In my opinion if you have an LTC it is your duty to carry. Remember when seconds count police are minutes away. If your asking should you open carry? That is up to you and the group. But a wise man once said walk softly and carry a big stick.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I'm of the same opinion that carrying in itself is a good idea. As for open carrying? I would be concerned that it would distract from the message you are trying to convey. That's why I don't open carry at church, it may be a distraction. Keep fighting the good fight, and thankyou for standing up for the most helpless of people; the unborn.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

chuck j wrote:Planning an antiabortion project . Got several , many actually with LTC , should they carry or no ? I plan on carrying myself . It's church organized . Will be at a major intersection on the easement . Trying to make this a success with no problems . Trying to figure out the if , ands, buts and maybes . Any input would be considered . Thank you .
Why is this a question? What is the issue? How does an individual's 2A right relate to what is going on here? There is no legal prohibition?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I have carried concealed at pro-life demonstrations and prayer gatherings at PP abortion mills. I would not OC. I would not want to distract from the message that it is all about the innocent babies.

In case there are those who do not know, the largest abortion mill in the US is in Houston.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

anygunanywhere wrote:I have carried concealed at pro-life demonstrations and prayer gatherings at PP abortion mills. I would not OC. I would not want to distract from the message that it is all about the innocent babies.

In case there are those who do not know, the largest abortion mill in the US is in Houston.
:iagree: that OC would distract from the message.
NRA Endowment Member

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

One simple message at a time.
Focus, focus, focus.

That being said with all the leftist crazies these days I would be fully armed, a couple with BUGs extra Mags and a long weapon close by, hidden but handy. As long as the crazies believe we are at war, we are at war.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

"Will be at a major intersection on the easement ."

Not blocking or causing a traffic problem of any kind, right?

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Flightmare wrote:I'm of the same opinion that carrying in itself is a good idea. As for open carrying? I would be concerned that it would distract from the message you are trying to convey. That's why I don't open carry at church, it may be a distraction.
:iagree:
Yes, one message at a time.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

I thank you for your comments .

To answer several comments ....there would be no open carry . Only concealed carry by choice , agreed it would be a possible distraction of purpose to open carry . Concealed is permitted in our church , same rule would apply here .

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Abraham wrote:"Will be at a major intersection on the easement ."

Not blocking or causing a traffic problem of any kind, right?
No laws will be broken , just a peaceful demonstration . Just concerned Christians..no nutters I'm aware of .

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
chuck j wrote:Planning an antiabortion project . Got several , many actually with LTC , should they carry or no ? I plan on carrying myself . It's church organized . Will be at a major intersection on the easement . Trying to make this a success with no problems . Trying to figure out the if , ands, buts and maybes . Any input would be considered . Thank you .
Why is this a question? What is the issue? How does an individual's 2A right relate to what is going on here? There is no legal prohibition?
I'm aware it's perfectly legal , only trying to garner opinion of others .

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Keep doing the Lord's work. :thumbs2:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Thank you ! Always .

Return to “Off-Topic”