OK GOP. You win

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tbrown
Posts in topic: 3

OK GOP. You win

Post by tbrown »

You didn't repeal Obamacare this week. You didn't even put it to a vote.

OK. You win. I quit.

I mean that literally. I already drafted my letter of resignation and will turn it in Monday.

If I have no income, I don't have to pay your fine. Right? And yes, it's your fine now that you intentionally dropped the ball. You can't blame the Democrats any more if you didn't even put it to a vote.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 1

Re: OK GOP. You win

Post by 1911 10MM »

The bill didn't deserve a vote, it was hogwash. The RINOs are playing their game again and unfortunately for us they have the numbers to present these water down versions of Obamacare. Paul Ryan is a disgrace to the GOP. The whole GOP is now in control of the RINOs so it will get worse before it gets better.

EastTexasRancher

Post by EastTexasRancher »

I truly believe that Ryan is NOT a conservative, and is in fact working with whatever can be defined as a "shadow government".

http://thelastlineofdefense.org/breakin ... hcare-bill

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

There is no dems or repubs anymore just globalists an nationalist.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

suthdj wrote:There is no dems or repubs anymore just globalists an nationalist.
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bblhd672 wrote:
suthdj wrote:There is no dems or repubs anymore just globalists an nationalist.
:iagree:
Read this: https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/think-vladimir-putin/

It very clearly defines the conflict between progressivism and sovereignty.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rotor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rotor »

Famous saying that Republicans need to think of...

The ability to "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory"

They have a long history of such defeats. Perhaps it should become their motto.

Can they not learn from the Nancy Pelosi playbook?

The Annoyed Man

rotor wrote:Can they not learn from the Nancy Pelosi playbook?
By that, do you mean the "We have to pass it to find out what's in it" playbook? :lol: God no, I'd rather not have any more of that, thanks.

No more "comprehensive" bills. No more passing them to find out what's in them. Republicans may have failed to get Obamacare repealed.....and there WILL be consequences for that (mostly felt by the voters, since republican congressmen still have their own exemption to the law).....but in that regard, they are no worse than the democrats who DID succeed in passing the monstrosity which weighs us down so heavily now.

If we consider only the two major parties, then right now, we live in a world where democrats have by far the worst and most dangerous ideological beliefs, but they are by far the better politicians (in the same way that a serial killer's desires are very bad, but he can be very good at what he does). Republicans have by far the better ideological beliefs, but they are by far the most inept politicians. Maybe that's a backhanded compliment. You call me a "politician", and them's fightin' words! But that ineptitude means that, when republicans have the majority, they either self-destruct or they roll over for the minority. When democrats have the majority, they by God get whatever they want. When republicans have the minority, we get Obamacare. When democrats have the minority, we also get Obamacare. Like my wife just said, "It's embarrassing."

Like tbrown, I've given up on the GOP......except that I gave up on them back in 2012, long before this hot mess happened. If this past week is any indication, at 64 years old, I don't expect to see a constitutional republic again in my lifetime. But at least I don't have to take the blame for it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

rotor

Post by rotor »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
By that, do you mean the "We have to pass it to find out what's in it" playbook? :lol: God no, I'd rather not have any more of that, thanks.

No more "comprehensive" bills. No more passing them to find out what's in them. Republicans may have failed to get Obamacare repealed.....and there WILL be consequences for that (mostly felt by the voters, since republican congressmen still have their own exemption to the law).....but in that regard, they are no worse than the democrats who DID succeed in passing the monstrosity which weighs us down so heavily now.

If we consider only the two major parties, then right now, we live in a world where democrats have by far the worst and most dangerous ideological beliefs, but they are by far the better politicians (in the same way that a serial killer's desires are very bad, but he can be very good at what he does). Republicans have by far the better ideological beliefs, but they are by far the most inept politicians. Maybe that's a backhanded compliment. You call me a "politician", and them's fightin' words! But that ineptitude means that, when republicans have the majority, they either self-destruct or they roll over for the minority. When democrats have the majority, they by God get whatever they want. When republicans have the minority, we get Obamacare. When democrats have the minority, we also get Obamacare. Like my wife just said, "It's embarrassing."

Like tbrown, I've given up on the GOP......except that I gave up on them back in 2012, long before this hot mess happened. If this past week is any indication, at 64 years old, I don't expect to see a constitutional republic again in my lifetime. But at least I don't have to take the blame for it.
I guess I should have clarified my Pelosi comment. Someone that can kick rear ends into line and vote the way she tells them to vote. A dictatorial head of the House that makes sure that the peons beneath her vote as she says. She is quite effective at that. Paul Ryan is not.

The Annoyed Man

rotor wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I guess I should have clarified my Pelosi comment. Someone that can kick rear ends into line and vote the way she tells them to vote. A dictatorial head of the House that makes sure that the peons beneath her vote as she says. She is quite effective at that. Paul Ryan is not.
Maybe so, but in any case, if they couldn't pass a no-brainer like an Obamacare repeal, I think Trump can say goodby to his tax cuts and his massive infrastructure spending......not to mention getting past another threatened gov't shutdown when the current CR runs out at the end of April. The thing is, republican congressional incompetence didn't just torpedo Obamacare relief; it has also threatened the rest of the agenda that Trump ran on.

Like I said, when the republicans are in the minority, the democrats get what they want. When the republicans are in the majority, the democrats still get what they want. Can these retards even tie their own shoes?

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Freedom Caucus member Ted Poe leaves group after healthcare bill debacle
By ROBERT KING • 3/26/17 4:10 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/freed ... le/2618495
"I have resigned from the House Freedom Caucus," Poe said in a statement. "In order to deliver on the conservative agenda we have promised the American people for eight years, we must come together to find solutions to move this country forward. Saying no is easy, leading is hard, but that is what we were elected to do. Leaving this caucus will allow me to be a more effective Member of Congress and advocate for the people of Texas. It is time to lead."
Trump's tweeted response to the defeat:
"Democrats are smiling in D.C. that the Freedom Caucus, with the help of Club for Growth and Heritage, have saved Planned Parenthood & Ocare!"
It may have been a crappy bill, but it was a better bill than the one we're living under now, and which now, thanks to congress, we get to continue living under....maybe for the rest of our lives. In politics, you take what you can get, and then you tune it up down the road. Those who insist on all or nothing, usually get nothing. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but when they drag me down with them, it severely chaps my hide.

I don't want crappy Ryancare either, but if forced to, I'll take it over Obamacare, which is even worse. Now I have nothing (which is to say, I'm still disqualified from Obamacare BY Obamacare...........oh, and I still get to keep paying the fine). Thank you, GOP. Thank you. You're a real friend in need. :roll:

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

TAM, I don't think the GOP proposal would have helped you or me much if any.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

Between the Republicans in Washington AND Republicans in Texas..... im about to through in the towel! They make me SICK! WHERE IS THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY ????? Watch, I bet MORE anti gun bills will be passed in Texas than PRO-gun bills this year. Republicans were the party of "no", now they are the party of "nothing done"
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Here's a good article that gets to much of the problem.

https://www.txantimedia.com/?p=2359
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

TreyHouston wrote:Between the Republicans in Washington AND Republicans in Texas..... im about to through in the towel! They make me SICK! WHERE IS THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY ????? Watch, I bet MORE anti gun bills will be passed in Texas than PRO-gun bills this year. Republicans were the party of "no", now they are the party of "nothing done"

They have proven to be just like Democrats- serving their masters.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”