Alice Cooper? You've Got to Be Kidding!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Alice Cooper? You've Got to Be Kidding!!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

At my age, it's not often that I read or hear something that absolutely blows me away. Tonight was such an event.

Comcast is our Internet provider and their version of music channels is Music Choice. While researching a topic, I was listening to Music Channel's Solid Gold Oldies when I heard a song from The Lettermen. I then got on YouTube to find more of their songs and stumbled across an interview with Alice Cooper. Now I have to admit that I've hated Alice Cooper from the moment I first saw and heard him sing. Until about 10 minutes ago, you could have given me a Barrett 50, put him at 1,500 yards and told me I had one legal shot and I would have been a happy man. Oh how wrong I was about this man.

Chas.

C-dub

Re: Alice Cooper? You've Got to Be Kidding!!

Post by C-dub »

I never liked his style of music, so I never took the time to learn much of anything about him. However, I learned a little of this about him 2-3 years ago that he wasn't like the image that many people had about him. Then I thought to myself, Huh? How about that?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Wow! I never did know this about Alice Cooper.
He's a brother in Christ! Good news in a fallen world!
May The Lord bless him!
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

flechero

Post by flechero »

Wow, I had no idea... a brother, indeed! Thanks for posting this, Charles.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

He is actually a PK (Preachers Kid). His father was a preacher in The Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonite) headquartered in Monongahela, Pennsylvania. His paternal grandfather, Thurman Sylvester Furnier, was an apostle in the Church of Jesus Christ. So, growing up he had a christian upbringing.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

This is why we, especially Christians, should be very careful about making absolute judgements about others and writing people off based solely on what we see on the exterior. God sees what we can't and that is people's heart and what He plans for their lives. I never really liked him and only liked a couple of his songs. Since Good it's in control and not me, I now I see a changed and redeemed man.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

Keith B wrote:He is actually a PK (Preachers Kid). His father was a preacher in The Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonite) headquartered in Monongahela, Pennsylvania. His paternal grandfather, Thurman Sylvester Furnier, was an apostle in the Church of Jesus Christ. So, growing up he had a christian upbringing.
He discussed that in the video. I believe he also mentioned his wife's father is a Baptist pastor.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

His music is not bad, standard 80's rock stuff. Decent singer, way better than these autotuned fruits they shove out now.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I've liked him ever since his appearance and Wayne's world ! But im just weird!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I have never liked rock music but am glad to hear he is a born again man of God and hope the same for all of his house.

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RHenriksen »

TreyHouston wrote:I've liked him ever since his appearance and Wayne's world ! But im just weird!
That's when I noticed him as someone completely different from what I'd been thinking.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RHenriksen »

I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

rentz

Post by rentz »

he became a born again christian after he got sober in the 80s, as mentioned above he grew up a preachers kid.
quite the golfer too, he's apparently very very good for someone who isn't a pro

i've always been a big fan of his music, it's in my wheelhouse but its not for everyone

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Cooper has been a believer for a number of years now. I saw him and his band perform during their first ever national concert tour, at the Rose Palace in Pasadena, circa 1970 or so. I was thoroughly entertained at the time......but I was also a thoroughly different person back then too.

In addition to being a Christian, Cooper has also been a political conservative for a long time now.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Back in my wilder early years, I went to one of his concerts. I would have never guessed even to this day, that he was a Christian. Just shows us that it is not for us to judge others.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”