DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by bblhd672 »

The wife and I both enjoyed it, she was kinda last minute decision to join us. Great conversations and good food.

Looking forward to next time?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

It was an awesome time! Thank you all for such terrific comradery! Frankly, it made my day!

"Black Coffee Matters"
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 6

Post by chasfm11 »

Excaliber wrote:The breakfast was a huge success!

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the folks whose posts I've been reading for years, and the great conversation that consisted of real, honest discussion without worrying about offending or triggering a snowflake.

This was a definite "gotta do it again".
:iagree: It is great to get to know posters on a personal level. And I really impressed how the topics passed around the whole group for input. Thanks to all for making this a terrific experience.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

Can't wait for the next one, really wanted to make this one.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Vol Texan »

Jusme wrote:
For the sake of keeping track here is the list of the great folks who made it this morning.

Flightmare
Bitter Clinger
Hovercat ( and Mrs Hovercat)
SA-TX
Bblhd672 ( and Mrs)
Chasfm11
Diesel42
The Annoyed Man
Lucas McCain ( and Mrs)
Excaliber
And Yours Truly

We were also treated to a FaceTime call from Vol Texan and his breakfast group in Houston.
Thanks to you for the invitation to (remotely) crash your party! I'm sorry the tech didn't work out well enough (it was too loud here in Houston to hear y'all), but it was fun all the same.

Congrats to all of you for being the founding members of what I hope becomes a long-standing tradition in your neck of the woods. I can't believe you had such a good turnout - very cool indeed!

We've had a bit of cross-pollination between the Houston South Quadrant and the Houston West Quadrant meet-ups. Maybe someday some of us may get to enjoy each others' company on the occasional road trip.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

Vol Texan wrote:
Jusme wrote:
For the sake of keeping track here is the list of the great folks who made it this morning.

Flightmare
Bitter Clinger
SA-TX
Bblhd672 ( and Mrs)
Chasfm11
Diesel42
The Annoyed Man
Lucas McCain ( and Mrs)
Excaliber
And Yours Truly

We were also treated to a FaceTime call from Vol Texan and his breakfast group in Houston.
Thanks to you for the invitation to (remotely) crash your party! I'm sorry the tech didn't work out well enough (it was too loud here in Houston to hear y'all), but it was fun all the same.

Congrats to all of you for being the founding members of what I hope becomes a long-standing tradition in your neck of the woods. I can't believe you had such a good turnout - very cool indeed!

We've had a bit of cross-pollination between the Houston South Quadrant and the Houston West Quadrant meet-ups. Maybe someday some of us may get to enjoy each others' company on the occasional road trip.
Well, there IS the NRA annual meeting in Dallas next year...if nothing comes up before then.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Flightmare wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
Jusme wrote:

Flightmare
Bitter Clinger
SA-TX
Bblhd672 ( and Mrs)
Chasfm11
Diesel42
The Annoyed Man
Lucas McCain ( and Mrs)
Excaliber
And Yours Truly

Well, there IS the NRA annual meeting in Dallas next year...if nothing comes up before then.
Or, a road trip from Dallas to Houston to hear Mr. Cotton lecture! :woohoo
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Or, a road trip from Dallas to Houston to hear Mr. Cotton lecture! :woohoo
I've already said that I'm in if I'm able to get the time free from work.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 12

Post by SA-TX »

Flightmare wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Or, a road trip from Dallas to Houston to hear Mr. Cotton lecture! :woohoo
I've already said that I'm in if I'm able to get the time free from work.
I do think if we are going all the way to H-town - or they are coming here - there needs to be range time involved. A trip like that has to be full-day or maybe weekend. That said, I want to do it. So much fun could be had.

SA-TX

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Diesel42 »

Good people, good times! :clapping:

I'm looking forward to the next one. Thanks again to the folks in the background setting it up.
Happy Trails!
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

tk1700
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tk1700 »

Sorry I missed it. Looking forward to trying to make the next one. Glad there was a good turn out!

txglock21
Posts in topic: 2

Post by txglock21 »

Sorry I missed it! I was out the door to head that way and truck was dead. I still had time to run (in the Jeep) to the auto parts store down the street and get it running, but ended up getting a speeding ticket a block from my house. (First ticket in over 12 years! :banghead: ) By then, I was a little too miffed to drive to Arlington. Maybe next time? Glad there was a good time to be had by all. :cheers2:

BTW: Very nice LEO, handed him DL, LTC and insurance, he handed me back LTC & insurance card and said "I don't need those".
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RogueUSMC »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
SA-TX wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Still coming, but my wife fell ill yesterday and has a nasty cold, so I'll be alone.
Bummer. I hope TAW recovers fully and quickly.
I called her when I was on the way home to let her know I was on the way......she's totally lost her voice. She told me when I got home that she didn't realize she had lost her voice until she asked the dog if he wanted out.....and it came out as a squeak.

This is not going to be good. :lol:

Anyway, I had a really good time. It was good to have some grown up conversation, good to reconnect with some old friends, and good to meet new ones.
She could still cook though, right?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 16

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RogueUSMC wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
SA-TX wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Still coming, but my wife fell ill yesterday and has a nasty cold, so I'll be alone.
I called her when I was on the way home to let her know I was on the way......she's totally lost her voice. She told me when I got home that she didn't realize she had lost her voice until she asked the dog if he wanted out.....and it came out as a squeak.

Anyway, I had a really good time. It was good to have some grown up conversation, good to reconnect with some old friends, and good to meet new ones.
Sorry pal, she's been laid low by this thing. The roasted poblanos are languishing in the fridge, and will probably have to be replaced by the time she's well enough to cook them.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RogueUSMC »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
SA-TX wrote:

Sorry pal, she's been laid low by this thing. The roasted poblanos are languishing in the fridge, and will probably have to be replaced by the time she's well enough to cook them.
I was joking but...I guess I should be careful.
  • She was already annoyed
  • she is now sick
  • she is licensed to carry a gun
  • you have probably taught her to shoot said gun
I probably should work my way away from this in a serpentine fashion...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “Off-Topic”