DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Excaliber »

SigM4 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:17 pm What about Whistle Hills Cafe on the square? Haven’t been there since it was Weatherford Cafe (wife loved the banana pancakes). Only problem again is the size and hogging a couple tables during morning rush.

That’s it, we need to convince Rudy’s to open up a spot in Weatherford. Though I have heard Hard 8 BBQ is coming to Hudson Oaks. Wonder if they do breakfast?
I've got a couple other places on 180 and I20 just west of Weatherford to check out. I'll get it done in the next couple weeks in between business travel trips.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Excaliber wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:46 am
SigM4 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:17 pm What about Whistle Hills Cafe on the square? Haven’t been there since it was Weatherford Cafe (wife loved the banana pancakes). Only problem again is the size and hogging a couple tables during morning rush.

That’s it, we need to convince Rudy’s to open up a spot in Weatherford. Though I have heard Hard 8 BBQ is coming to Hudson Oaks. Wonder if they do breakfast?
I've got a couple other places on 180 and I20 just west of Weatherford to check out. I'll get it done in the next couple weeks in between business travel trips.
I have no objections to driving 70 miles one way to meet up, but seems as though we should schedule some range time afterward. Got any good places for us to get some training in afterward?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:39 am

I have no objections to driving 70 miles one way to meet up, but seems as though we should schedule some range time afterward. Got any good places for us to get some training in afterward?
Yes - about 10 minutes from Weatherford:

http://www.graysmokearms.com/

Outdoor covered ranges for rifle and pistol.

Rifle to 300 yrds.

Friendly management too.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 27

Post by crazy2medic »

Excaliber wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:20 am

Rifle to 300 yrds.

Friendly management too.
I concur, good place to shoot, I like the place!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

crazy2medic wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:47 pm
Excaliber wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:20 am

Rifle to 300 yrds.

Friendly management too.
I concur, good place to shoot, I like the place!
I transferred a gun to a buyer through them a while back but didn’t check out their range.

I’m spoiled with my private club anyway.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I checked outjust about all of the restaurants that serve breakfast in the Weatherford area.

Almost all of them said they are too small to be able to afford to have tables occupied for two hours or so without turning over to other customers. They are all extremely busy on Saturday mornings and depend on that business for their profitability. They could host us on weekdays, but that wouldn't work for most folks who are still employed full time.

The only one that would happily accommodate us on Saturday is the Cracker Barrel at 132 E. Interstate 20 in Weatherford. It's quite a nice place, and they have 3 dining rooms.

The only kink is that, although they are not posted, the manager advised that concealed carry is fine, but they only allow open carry by persons in uniform.

Is this acceptable to the folks interested in the breakfast?
Excaliber

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Excaliber:

You have put in a lot of time and effort to find a place that hopefully will increase the 3rd Saturday attendance.
Since the Cracker Barrel has plenty of room, in order for us to spend a long time at breakfast, I'm OK with it.
Most of us probably CC most of the time, so what's one more day?

I'm willing to try this one, if others chime in and agree. Having some range time afterwards would be a plus.
How far is that range from the Cracker Barrel?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

strogg

Post by strogg »

I wouldn't mind some range time afterwards either. Odds are, I'll be going no more than once every 2-3 months, though. It is an hour and a half away from me after all. If the Arlington breakfast continues, I'll definitely be keeping up with that.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

strogg wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:22 pm I wouldn't mind some range time afterwards either. Odds are, I'll be going no more than once every 2-3 months, though. It is an hour and a half away from me after all. If the Arlington breakfast continues, I'll definitely be keeping up with that.
I’m not abandoning the Arlington breakfast completely . I was thinking we would be alternating the breakfast between locations.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:59 pm Excaliber:

You have put in a lot of time and effort to find a place that hopefully will increase the 3rd Saturday attendance.
Since the Cracker Barrel has plenty of room, in order for us to spend a long time at breakfast, I'm OK with it.
Most of us probably CC most of the time, so what's one more day?

I'm willing to try this one, if others chime in and agree. Having some range time afterwards would be a plus.
How far is that range from the Cracker Barrel?

SIA
About 15 minutes. There's also an indoor range (Lone Star) less than 10 minutes away.
Excaliber

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

bblhd672 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 pm
strogg wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:22 pm I wouldn't mind some range time afterwards either. Odds are, I'll be going no more than once every 2-3 months, though. It is an hour and a half away from me after all. If the Arlington breakfast continues, I'll definitely be keeping up with that.
I’m not abandoning the Arlington breakfast completely . I was thinking we would be alternating the breakfast between locations.
I like that idea!
Excaliber

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

Excaliber wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:08 am
I like that idea!
As do I. While Cracker Barrel might not be as accomodating/easy as Rudy’s it’s much closer for me (~10 mins). Not that Arlington is a killer drive, but with a 1 month old at home anything I can do to stay close by is a plus, at least until he’s older.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

strogg

Post by strogg »

SigM4 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:32 am
I like that idea!
As do I. While Cracker Barrel might not be as accomodating/easy as Rudy’s it’s much closer for me (~10 mins). Not that Arlington is a killer drive, but with a 1 month old at home anything I can do to stay close by is a plus, at least until he’s older.
I guess we're pretty much in agreement, then. We can alternate month-month. Are we going to be trying out Cracker Barrel come February?

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

strogg wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:24 am
SigM4 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:32 am
I like that idea!
I guess we're pretty much in agreement, then. We can alternate month-month. Are we going to be trying out Cracker Barrel come February?
I'd say go with Cracker Barrel Weatherford for February 16th breakfast meeting. I won't be able to attend due to being in Austin that weekend.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

To recap sites and times for the Fort Worth side of DFW's 3rd Saturday meetings :

February 16, 2019: Cracker Barrel, 132 East Interstate 20, Weatherford, 800 AM. Optional range time nearby after breakfast.

March 16, 2019 : Rudy's BBQ, 451 Interstate 20, Arlington, 800 AM. Currently no range time planned, but that could work for someplace nearby.

I'm looking forward to seeing all prior attendees, and hope to see some new faces as well. Be there, or be square. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Off-Topic”