DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by bblhd672 »

Starting a new thread for the DFW W/SW Quadrant Breakfast meeting.
When: Saturday June 17, 2017, 8:00 AM.
Where: Rudy's BBQ
451 East I-20
Arlington
https://rudysbbq.com/location/Detail/arlington-tx#

Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rudy' ... 97.1031344
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Jusme »

Great! I like name. I wondered what to call it. Look forward to meeting everyone who can attend.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 16

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I might be able to make that. Kind of depends on what's happening with my leg, so I'll have to play it by ear, but that's not too far for me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I might be able to make that. Kind of depends on what's happening with my leg, so I'll have to play it by ear, but that's not too far for me.

TAM, if necessary we can arrange transportation. It will be great to have you join us.

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Post by SigM4 »

Won't make this one (finishing our move from MO that weekend) but I'll be down for the next one.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JRG »

I never knew Rudy's served breakfast! What is on their menu for breakfast? I see nothing about it on their website.

Joe

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

We need one of these for North DFW!

Rudy's breakfast is breakfast tacos. And BBQ. :thumbs2:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:We need one of these for North DFW!

I plan to join as a card carrying representative of North Dallas (by the High 5) :cheers2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

puma guy
Posts in topic: 9

Post by puma guy »

bblhd672 wrote:Starting a new thread for the DFW W/SW Quadrant Breakfast meeting.
When: Saturday June 17, 2017, 8:00 AM.
Where: Rudy's BBQ
451 East I-20
Arlington
https://rudysbbq.com/location/Detail/arlington-tx#

Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rudy' ... 97.1031344
:thumbs2: :thumbs2: It's a great endeavor. I wish you success and I hope I can attend one myself as a representative of the Houston South Quadrant group when I'm up that way.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:We need one of these for North DFW!

I plan to join as a card carrying representative of North Dallas (by the High 5) :cheers2:
Same here. I'm a hop, skip, and a jump from Bush/75.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

Someone mentioned busting some clays in the other thread. Is that something on the itinerary? I am off that weekend and considering coming down. I've also didn't know Rudy's had breakfast and really really like tacos of all kinds with rare exception.

Whether or not there will be any clay busting on the menu is not a deal breaker. I only ask so I'll know what to bring along.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

C-dub wrote:Someone mentioned busting some clays in the other thread. Is that something on the itinerary? I am off that weekend and considering coming down. I've also didn't know Rudy's had breakfast and really really like tacos of all kinds with rare exception.

Whether or not there will be any clay busting on the menu is not a deal breaker. I only ask so I'll know what to bring along.
It's not part of the plan right now, TAM mentioned it, in the original thread topic: https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 5#p1155128

I wouldn't mind including that if someone has a place in mind, close by. But it may be more driving than some will want to do.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

I don't know the area. It's not too far to go for tacos and friends, but it's not my hood, so I'm unfamiliar with options for busting any clays or shooting at all.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

C-dub wrote:I don't know the area. It's not too far to go for tacos and friends, but it's not my hood, so I'm unfamiliar with options for busting any clays or shooting at all.

The closest places I know about are either in Grand Prairie, or Rendon, but neither of those are real close.

hovercat
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hovercat »

Jusme wrote:
C-dub wrote:Someone mentioned busting some clays in the other thread. Is that something on the itinerary? I am off that weekend and considering coming down. I've also didn't know Rudy's had breakfast and really really like tacos of all kinds with rare exception.

It's not part of the plan right now, TAM mentioned it, in the original thread topic: https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 5#p1155128

I wouldn't mind including that if someone has a place in mind, close by. But it may be more driving than some will want to do.
Alpine range? Purchase a box of their targets,, you can split a box between twork or three, and no charge to use their throwers. Not a skeet course, just a row of spring throwers, but fun. They also have skeet, more expensive, rifle and pistol $12, might be more on weekend.

Return to “Off-Topic”