DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Excaliber »

bblhd672 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 am
Excaliber wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:14 am
bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:58 pm
Excaliber wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:38 pm Here's another thought:

Those western members who have decided not to make the drive to Arlington could meet at Manny''s every month since that wouldn't be conflicting with those who would meet at Rudy's.

Your thoughts?
If I remember correctly, and that's pretty "iffy" :mrgreen:, the original intent was to get multiple groups meeting in different areas. I certainly see no reason not to have both Rudy's Arlington and Manny's Weatherford breakfast get togethers, but have them on different Saturdays so those who want to go to multiples have 3 choices a month! Then perhaps once a quarter or semi-annual have a breakfast where all the groups meet together.

I think it would be great to grow the forum breakfasts until we have many groups across North Texas.
That's an even better idea.

How about Manny's every second Saturday and keep Rudy's on the third Saturday?
The DFW North/Northwest group meets on second Saturday. How about 1st or 4th Saturday?
Either one works for me.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Excaliber wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:14 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 am
Excaliber wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:14 am
bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:58 pm
Excaliber wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:38 pm Here's another thought:

Those western members who have decided not to make the drive to Arlington could meet at Manny''s every month since that wouldn't be conflicting with those who would meet at Rudy's.

Your thoughts?
If I remember correctly, and that's pretty "iffy" :mrgreen:, the original intent was to get multiple groups meeting in different areas. I certainly see no reason not to have both Rudy's Arlington and Manny's Weatherford breakfast get togethers, but have them on different Saturdays so those who want to go to multiples have 3 choices a month! Then perhaps once a quarter or semi-annual have a breakfast where all the groups meet together.

I think it would be great to grow the forum breakfasts until we have many groups across North Texas.
That's an even better idea.

How about Manny's every second Saturday and keep Rudy's on the third Saturday?
The DFW North/Northwest group meets on second Saturday. How about 1st or 4th Saturday?
Either one works for me.
You decide. Maybe start a new thread for it.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

Maybe we can name them DFW 1st Saturday, 2nd Saturday, 3rd Saturday, and 4th Saturday breakfasts. Just a thought.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Grayling813 »

Is the breakfast at Rudy’s Arlington still on for this Saturday?

Lena
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lena »

Just wish there would be an east of Dallas meeting to eat not 3rd Sat as match day even a Friday/Sat pm would work all the others just to dang far..
Stay Safe

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 64
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Here's a copy of the venue change reminder I posted on Thursday:

Manny's Cafe
4019 Fort Worth Hwy
Hudson Oaks, TX 76087

It's a small cafe located in the David's Stove Shop building on the north side of westbound I20 at Mikus Road. There is minimal signage for the cafe, so look for David's Stove Shop which is easy to spot. The cafe entrance faces the road near the west end of the building by the windmill displays. (It can also be reached by going through the main stove shop entrance when that opens at 9 AM.) The cafe opens at 7:00. Staff advised they would be glad to have us and open carry is not an issue with them. It's also a bit closer for the folks coming from the main DFW area.

From I20 west, take Exit 415. It is just past the first traffic light (Mikus Road) on the right.

From I20 east, take Exit 415 and make a left at the light at Mikus Road, go under the highway, and turn left onto the westbound service road. It's the building on the corner of Mikus Rd. and the I20 service road.

Forum friends: We have not been active on this thread as far as settling on the 7/20/19 venue, plus many competing ideas have been proposed.

The above text in blue was Excaliber's from the June 2019 discussions. Since we got a big turnout at Manny's, and the service was good, plus open carry was OK, this is where we should meet tomorrow. This is where I will be, possibly carpooling with strogg if he's free. No one else has stepped up to promote Arlington Rudy's BBQ this month. So let's all go to Manny's. strogg and I have the furthest miles to cover, so let's someone else show up too.

(Excaliber, jusme, crazy2medic, nano, SigM4, hackjob, diesel42, C-dub, blackhorse - Please support me on tomorrow's venue selection. Thank you.)
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Diesel42 »

Manny's it is for me.
8:00am, right?
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Yes, 800 A.M.

Grayling: We won't be in Arlington. We will be in Hudson Oaks. See addy above.

SIA

Hack Job
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Hack Job »

I'll be there.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

I plan on being there, but I thought we were doing breakfast and a range trip, on the 27th. Or was that my early onset dementia?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Grayling813 »

Jusme wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:06 pm I plan on being there, but I thought we were doing breakfast and a range trip, on the 27th. Or was that my early onset dementia?
https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php ... t#p1253730

That’s what I thought as well based upon the thread above.

surprise_i'm_armed

I lost track of that other thread. See you at Manny's in the AM.

SIA

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm
Jusme wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:06 pm I plan on being there, but I thought we were doing breakfast and a range trip, on the 27th. Or was that my early onset dementia?
https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php ... t#p1253730

That’s what I thought as well based upon the thread above.
Ok that's why I couldn't find it in this thread. Whew! I thought it was time for my kids to start looking for a place to put me, to keep me from forgetting where I live.
Sorry guys, but I think I will skip this week and do the breakfast and range trip next week. SWMBO already had some suggestions for how to fill my spare time today, and I would prefer to fulfill those tasks, in the cooler morning, rather than wait until it gets hotter.
Last edited by Jusme on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Excaliber »

It looks like a bit of confusion has crept into the coordination between the DFW West / Southwest Quadrant Breakfast and the new Way Out West group breakfast.

A few weeks ago we settled on the Way Out West group meeting at Manny's in Hudson Oaks on the 4th Saturday of the month which in July is the 27th (next Saturday) to avoid conflict with the DFW West / Southwest group that meets on the third Saturday in Arlington.

If you're going to a breakfast today you need to go to Rudy's in Arlington. If you're going to breakfast next Saturday you need to go to Manny's.

I'll see you folks next Saturday at Manny's.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

strogg
Posts in topic: 35

Post by strogg »

Reminder:

Breakfast this Saturday 8/17 8:00AM at Rudy's Arlington off I-20. I'm looking forward to seeing folks there in a few days.

Return to “Off-Topic”