DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SigM4
Posts in topic: 34

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by SigM4 »

Don't forget, 1/20/18 is the next meeting.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll make this one. Since moving back to the area (finally) for the new position at work (railroad) I have weekend coverage every 5th weekend. Not that it entails much, just keep an eye on the network and such. But, being is that this is my first weekend of coverage I don't have a routine and/or know what to expect. Shouldn't keep me from attending going forward, but I need to get through this first one to get an idea what I'll be dealing with.

Y'all have fun, I'll see you next month!
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Bump reminder
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

I wish I could come see you guys, but I'll be at the Collin County Skywarn class. Ya'll have a breakfast taco for me!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

kw5kw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kw5kw »

This Saturday is the Cowtown Amateur Club's Hamfest. It's on top of the list right now.
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

I can't make this one this week. Due to my schedule it looks like I won't be able to make another one until April.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Hoping to be putting some 5.56 rounds down range :fire in Prosper with TCCI.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

rtschl
Posts in topic: 10

Post by rtschl »

Work keeps getting in the way each month. Bummer.
Ron
NRA Member

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 27

Post by crazy2medic »

Might better ask who is going to be there?
I can make it but i don't want to be there by myself!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Excaliber »

crazy2medic wrote:Might better ask who is going to be there?
I can make it too, but don't want to drive an hour to Arlington for only one or two folks, one of whom has to come from Mineral Wells.

I suggest moving this month's meeting location to Weatherford.

R&K Cafe II is well liked by lots of folks. I haven't eaten there yet, but I'm up for giving them a try:

15 Fort Worth Highway, # 200, Weatherford, TX 76086

I'll check them out today to make sure they're gun friendly and will confirm or suggest another location by this evening.

What do you folks think?
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Excaliber »

Update: The R&K Cafe has closed.

I propose meeting at the Sunny Street Cafe at 1314 S. Main Street (in the strip mall across from Walgreen's) in Weatherford.

Any takers?
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 57

Post by C-dub »

If I weren't working I would still come out there. It'd be a nice ride before it gets rainy again on Sunday. But, alas, gotta earn a buck.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Most likely the wife and I will not be attending. Been out of town on business and had to go to doctor today to get meds for sore throat and cough.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 27

Post by crazy2medic »

Excaliber wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:Might better ask who is going to be there?
I can make it too, but don't want to drive an hour to Arlington for only one or two folks, one of whom has to come from Mineral Wells.

I suggest moving this month's meeting location to Weatherford.

R&K Cafe II is well liked by lots of folks. I haven't eaten there yet, but I'm up for giving them a try:

15 Fort Worth Highway, # 200, Weatherford, TX 76086

I'll check them out today to make sure they're gun friendly and will confirm or suggest another location by this evening.

What do you folks think?
Yup i can make that! 8:00?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Little confused. Planned on having a coworker come in early for me to make Arlington by 0800. Canceling that plan. Weatherford another 50 or so minutes and not asking him to come in any earlier for me. Not sure that changing the venue the night before is a good idea.
Be safe.
Peace.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

BLG
Posts in topic: 6

Post by BLG »

Daddio-on-patio wrote:Little confused. Not sure that changing the venue the night before is a good idea.
Be safe.
Peace.
Yeah, not sure of that, myself. I can still make it either way, but I need to know for sure which one tonight. I don"t want to get up in time to find a place in Weatherford that I"ve never been to, then find out I could have kept my lazy (self) in bed. :biggrinjester:

Return to “Off-Topic”