DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 35

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Bitter Clinger »

We discussed putting together some private tactical training for the group, maybe as early as September at the police range in Prosper.

Do y'all want me to start working on that?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

Bitter Clinger wrote:We discussed putting together some private tactical training for the group, maybe as early as September at the police range in Prosper.

Yes please do, and let us know pricing, etc.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

1911 10MM
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 1911 10MM »

SA-TX wrote:
treadlightly wrote:[quote="Flightmare"
http://txgunrange.com/range-rules-and-a ... trictions/
TxGunRange.com Range Rules

NOTE: 30.06 AND 30.07 ENACTED – NO Concealed* or Open Carry beyond the parking lot!
That's fascinating. Range rules are understandable, which would apply to all, but posting signs that do not apply to anyone except license holders is pretty ditzy.

Sounds like bad judgement and fake safety, neither of which is very reassuring at a gun range.
Exactly. I guess it didn't dissuade many because the place was very busy. As for me I try not to do business with sign posters ESPECIALLY sign posters in the gun business. I feel the same way about gun shows that post binding signs (not to be confused with rules that guns being displayed/being sold be unloaded and zip tied).

SA-TX[/quote]

I feel the same way. I belong to a member only gun range and it prohibits open carry but allows concealed carry. Before open carry passed I was OK with it but now I think very hard about renewing every year. Why I can OC in the state of Texas but then have to conceal the moment I enter Range property is just plain silly to me. Like a freaking piece of fabric makes a bit of difference on property that proclaims to support the second amendment. I am going to take the issue to the board of directors and see if they can remove the ridiculous rule on open carry on club property. I just don't get how a piece of fabric makes anyone safer. Make a rule open carry weapons must remain holstered at all times if they want but not allowing it at all is just not right.

I was at Winchester Gallery in Fort Worth today and they had a sign that said Open Carry was welcome just keep the firearm holstered. For those that don't know this is a gun store that also has a Range on site as well.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Flightmare »

Several of the ranges I go to have no signage whatsoever. There is one that says that if you wish to shoot your holstered carry weapon, to inform the RSO in advance so that they can ensure that it is being removed safely. I frankly don't have an issue with that. Like others have commented, there are too many choices available that don't prohibit carrying, why would I select to go to a range that would force me to disarm?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 65

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:We discussed putting together some private tactical training for the group, maybe as early as September at the police range in Prosper.

Yes, just not first weekend in September cause the wife and I are in Florida then.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Post by suthdj »

With who, an maybe start a new thread
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 27

Post by crazy2medic »

Really enjoyed meeting and talking to you guys, nice to be able to have faces going with names!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Diesel42 »

Great time! I should have circulated more, but the conversation was so good I couldn't move around. Thanks guys!
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

Lena
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lena »

I would attend if closer but 2 hrs 1 way for me is a tad far, sure like to see one on the east side somewhere Garland, Rockwall or??
Last edited by Lena on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Lena wrote:I would attend if closer but 2 hrs 1 way for me is a tad far, sure like to see one on the east side somewhere garland, Rockwall or??
Once this first one is established and we're sure it's not going to just die out if we spawn off a second one, I think we'll look at doing one in the northeast. It's a 50 mile one-way trip for me from Plano.

G26ster
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G26ster »

Flightmare wrote:
Lena wrote:I would attend if closer but 2 hrs 1 way for me is a tad far, sure like to see one on the east side somewhere garland, Rockwall or??
Once this first one is established and we're sure it's not going to just die out if we spawn off a second one, I think we'll look at doing one in the northeast. It's a 50 mile one-way trip for me from Plano.
Once again, I press for one in the Mid-Cities (DFW Airport area). This location is equidistant for all that might attend. There's a reason it's called the Mid-Cities. To me it makes more sense to have one central location, than to have 3 or 4 different breakfasts where you only get to meet a third or quarter of the folks you would meet at a central location. A central location means all have to travel a little, but no one should have to travel a lot. Just MHO, and in the interest in full disclosure, I live near DFW airport :mrgreen:

strogg
Posts in topic: 35

Post by strogg »

G26ster wrote:
Flightmare wrote:
Once again, I press for one in the Mid-Cities (DFW Airport area). This location is equidistant for all that might attend. There's a reason it's called the Mid-Cities. To me it makes more sense to have one central location, than to have 3 or 4 different breakfasts where you only get to meet a third or quarter of the folks you would meet at a central location. A central location means all have to travel a little, but no one should have to travel a lot. Just MHO, and in the interest in full disclosure, I live near DFW airport :mrgreen:
:iagree:

Mainly because it's closer to me so I don't have to crawl out of bed at 6AM just to drive over an hour to meet a whole bunch of strangers...

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I am personally open to anywhere in DFW. Some choose not to leave their own county. I think the only requirement is that the choice of location be friendly to both CC and OC. Rudy's has had no issues with our little group so far.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Jusme »

strogg wrote:
G26ster wrote:
Flightmare wrote:

Mainly because it's closer to me so I don't have to crawl out of bed at 6AM just to drive over an hour to meet a whole bunch of strangers...
Some of us are stranger than others! :smilelol5:

Just post ideas for locations, times, or even activities other than breakfast. We discussed a shooting day, when the weather cools some. We may even do a rotation of places so the same folks don't have to do all of the driving. I'm not familiar with much in the mid cities areas, so those who are need to put their suggestions in.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

No doubt the Mid-Cities area is convenient for many, but not for those of us that live in the "No-Cities" areas.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Off-Topic”